U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the weather in FL pleasant to you in the time of year? (Late July-Sept)
No 39 58.21%
Yes 28 41.79%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 07:22 PM

43,858 posts, read 44,618,090 times

Advertisements

I used to live in a coastal area of Florida where you always had a beach breeze. Now, in central Florida, I do find it feels a bit like a big hot terrarium when I get in the car each morning. It STILL has to be more pleasant than shoveling snow and facing so much cold weather all winter.
Not as pretty..... but still more pleasant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 07:25 PM

11,456 posts, read 12,730,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrome View Post
I always notice between December in March, I see lots of posts about how beautiful the weather is in Florida. Is anyone enjoying it at this very moment, from late July through September? I'm talking about, are you enjoying the outdoors without taking a dip in the pool, going by the beach, or taking shelter in AC? Who is actually enjoying it outside just exactly the way it is, hot, humid, rainy, then sunshine, steaming hot, humid...

I love the storms, the flowers that bloom, my white birds of paradise that grow, oleanders etc. I enjoy an afternoon dip in the pool and the steamy evenings. By the time I'm sick of it the nice weather rolls in. If only we had mountains down here I'd never leave.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:59 PM

882 posts, read 1,929,863 times
It was 95 and humid today. The family just went out to the mall, but between walking in the parking lot and riding a hot car before the AC got cool, we were just exhausted from the heat. My wife and I took a nap in the afternoon, and woke up with headaches from the heat. To be honest, I would rather shovel snow. Snow and cold is COLD, but I don't get that feeling of being sweaty dirty like I do down here. The heat makes me feel sleepy, the cold keeps me up. I do admit it's harder to wake up in the winter up north when you're under a warm blanket, but once you're in the cold, you don't have to worry about having that sleepy feeling or trying to keep your eyes open. Before you ask why don't I move then, well, I'm already planning to move. Just waiting on my daughter to finish high school. Three years can't come soon enough.

Old 08-02-2009, 12:04 AM

159 posts, read 255,637 times
I spend more time indoors here than of the other states we have lived in. That is the reason why you see so many obese people in FL( even younger people) they become inactive due to the hot humid weather.[/quote]

Ha! Have you been to Maine? You'd be hard-pressed to find a normal weight person. All you feel like doing 8 months of the year is staying in and eating comfort food. If I didn't have the dogs to walk I probably wouldn't go outside at all. Having said that..I'm loving the weather now..after the rainiest June/July in decades we finally have some sun and 80 degrees!

Old 08-02-2009, 05:21 AM

14,939 posts, read 10,231,102 times
Duplicated thread? Let me research

Old 08-02-2009, 06:05 AM

324 posts, read 899,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiddles View Post
I spend more time indoors here than of the other states we have lived in. That is the reason why you see so many obese people in FL( even younger people) they become inactive due to the hot humid weather.

Quote:
Ha! Have you been to Maine? You'd be hard-pressed to find a normal weight person. All you feel like doing 8 months of the year is staying in and eating comfort food. If I didn't have the dogs to walk I probably wouldn't go outside at all. Having said that..I'm loving the weather now..after the rainiest June/July in decades we finally have some sun and 80 degrees!
"Normal weight" is relatively large, these days.

Old 08-02-2009, 06:33 AM

8,488 posts, read 17,946,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
That is the reason why you see so many obese people in FL( even younger people) they become inactive due to the hot humid weather.
I see you are making up facts again to try and support your statements.

Florida happens to have one of the lower obesity ratings in the nation. There are 36 states with higher percentage of obese.

Old 08-02-2009, 06:39 AM

3,926 posts, read 10,316,101 times
I love what the summer weather is doing to our landscape. Everything has become very lush and green.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:49 AM

31 posts, read 118,881 times
Default Not so brutal.

Your poll is biased. Most people don't say they love the heat in Fl. They say that OVERALL the weather is better. All of those people who warned us that the heat was so brutal overstated things. It was hot in western Colorado too. Yes it is a dry heat (so is an oven) and it is MUGGY here, but it is more than worth it.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:59 AM

6,853 posts, read 19,812,089 times
^^^There are many people that say they love the heat here in Florida. Most people don't have a complaint about the actual temperature during the summer, as many places in this country are warm during the summer months. The complaint for many people in Florida is how long it stays warm/hot/humid. Depending on what part of the state someone lives in it can be the 80s or higher for 8 months out of the year. So for those people they don't get a long enough break from the heat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida