U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the weather in FL pleasant to you in the time of year? (Late July-Sept)
No 39 58.21%
Yes 28 41.79%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 11:29 AM

976 posts, read 842,630 times

Advertisements

In Central FL, we average 110 days of 90 degree (or more) temps during the year... yikes!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 12:11 PM

6,853 posts, read 19,802,755 times
Miami had 313 days in 2007 in the 80s and 90s. So thats 52 days of temps 79F or less, thats just two months of a break from the hot weather IMO. Obviously northern florida has different weather than South Florida, just wanted to show it depends on what part of the state one resides.

Old 08-02-2009, 12:41 PM

It's not that much different in N FL really. Just gets a little cooler in the winter, but the temps arent that different. I mean, summer temps (which is 6 months or more) are gonna be almost identical. The only time that it'll really be any different is in the winter (3 months, maybe) where temps in S FL will be 76 during the day and Jax or the panhandle might be 73, and about 10 degrees colder at night.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:02 PM

11,456 posts, read 12,724,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
I love what the summer weather is doing to our landscape. Everything has become very lush and green.
That's what I like about our summers the most along with the rain, and swimming.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:40 PM

882 posts, read 1,928,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcray1 View Post
Your poll is biased. Most people don't say they love the heat in Fl. They say that OVERALL the weather is better. All of those people who warned us that the heat was so brutal overstated things. It was hot in western Colorado too. Yes it is a dry heat (so is an oven) and it is MUGGY here, but it is more than worth it.
It is not biased. I explicitly stated the time period I'm inquiring about in my poll. My point is, people are also biased about how great the weather is in FL because they make that statement when it is 0 degrees or below in the north. So that statement is skewed in itself. Just the same way tourists from the north come down here and say how great the weather is, well, it's because they're comparing it to the time of year where they're experiencing that cold weather, or tired of the cold weather, at their home states, while it is relatively mild and pleasant in FL during that time of year. Read my poll again, I asked if people are enjoying the weather at this time, NOT all year round.

Old 08-02-2009, 05:07 PM

5,642 posts, read 7,968,487 times
Default The only time I got tired of cold weather was April

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrome View Post
It is not biased. I explicitly stated the time period I'm inquiring about in my poll. My point is, people are also biased about how great the weather is in FL because they make that statement when it is 0 degrees or below in the north. So that statement is skewed in itself. Just the same way tourists from the north come down here and say how great the weather is, well, it's because they're comparing it to the time of year where they're experiencing that cold weather, or tired of the cold weather, at their home states, while it is relatively mild and pleasant in FL during that time of year. Read my poll again, I asked if people are enjoying the weather at this time, NOT all year round.
when we occasionally still had 30 degrees. Although even then my daffodils still came up, even through the snow. 30 degrees in JANUARY or FEBRUARY? No, that didn't bother me at all. Neither did the snow. I suppose I am one of the very FEW living in Florida who doesn't think 75 in January is bliss.

No, I don't like 90s and humid day after day in the summer, but at least it IS summer. I can at least rationalize it. I have more of a problem with the Fall and Winter weather here.

Old 08-02-2009, 05:09 PM

1,973 posts, read 3,753,536 times
I prefer August in Miami to August in San Diego. It Never rains here (in San Diego). I miss the humidity and the rich smell of the air. I miss thunderstorms!

Old 08-03-2009, 03:35 AM

13,382 posts, read 40,914,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I like the midday storms.

The heat is not my ideal temperature.

On the weekends the heat and humidity don't bother me if I'm just hanging around town.

It's summer. It's Florida.
Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
There is reason why people from the north snowbird here for only a few months and then go back north, to avoid these months.
Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
This is not a hot summer, for Florida it is almost mild. We can be down right hot at times, but right now this is pretty nice. It is just a matter of perspective, it could be a lot worse. I love all the rain, my grass and vegetables are very happy.
I've been thinking the same thing.
Compared to 2007 and 2008, it really has not felt that bad. The end of June was steaming right into the Fourth of July, and I thought, oh man, it's gonna be a long, brutal summer, but then it pulled back a bit and became bearable.
Sure I get sweaty out there, but at least I can go out. The afternoon storms are wonderful.
And every time I DO get sweaty, I just think about driving in or shoveling snow, or dealing with eczema--and a million other things.
No place is perfect.
It must be acknowledged that this is indeed summer in Florida. But I can live with it..

Last edited by BlueWillowPlate; 08-03-2009 at 03:49 AM..

Old 08-03-2009, 07:40 AM

831 posts, read 2,147,259 times
Here is my take on it. I just returned from South Beach, I live in Sarasota. IMO it was more tolerable weather in SB. There was a constant breeze and the humidity did not feel as thick as Sarasota. The nights were beautiful, I could actually walk around and not have sweat between my toes.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:00 AM

It's horrible in SW FL - no breeze either. I felt the hottest I have ever felt before in that area. Even at night, we were sweaty walking around (at 9pm!).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida