U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the weather in FL pleasant to you in the time of year? (Late July-Sept)
No 39 58.21%
Yes 28 41.79%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 08:07 AM

75 posts, read 278,704 times

Advertisements

The weather is HOT HOT HOT right now. We mostly stay inside or swim in the pool. IMO it's too hot to ride bikes, or walk, run etc. Thank goodness for A/C!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 08:36 AM

478 posts, read 897,247 times
I love it!!!!

Old 08-03-2009, 09:05 AM

15,215 posts, read 31,195,995 times
For the most part, I am enjoying it. Ride my bike several times a week, and work in my yard about twice a week. Weather not bad for me at all!

Old 08-03-2009, 03:27 PM

26 posts, read 48,444 times
No. My family is taking a vacation to look at houses in Long Island this Thanksgiving. If I could be mad at one thing above all about my childhood is spending it in this furnace, where half the year you can't even take a jog.

Who can seriously jog outside right now? It's 88 degrees where I am, and the humidity essentially makes our peninsula a giant sauna. We have a nice gym near where I live, but why live here unless you are a physically inactive old person, who couldn't jog anyway, who has high intolerance to cold. That's the only person I'd tell to move here.

I CANNOT be the only person on here who stays inside in the Summer except to maintain my tan. I can't even go outside without squinting. I'll admit though, I can jog at night sometimes during the hot months, but the problem is even though the sun goes away, the humidity stays throughout the night. Yargh!!!!

Old 08-04-2009, 11:34 PM

790 posts, read 1,467,210 times
I don't like it much but I'll take it over 4-5 months of winter. Its unbearable during the day but everywhere in Florida all the homes and businesses have the A/C going full throttle. 2-3 weeks from now there should be some slight relief in the evening. I think the worst months for heat in FL are early May-mid August. By September people are tired of the summer but the sun is not quite as intense as it is in May. the nights are longer...finally.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:45 AM

448 posts, read 1,309,866 times
we are loving it. yep, its hot. But its Florida! Suppose to be hot We do our yard work early in the morning and later in the afternoon. The quick rain showers are great. We make sure that a cooler of water is nearby when outside.

Old 12-20-2009, 10:01 AM

26 posts, read 48,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogercobb View Post
I don't like it much but I'll take it over 4-5 months of winter. Its unbearable during the day but everywhere in Florida all the homes and businesses have the A/C going full throttle. 2-3 weeks from now there should be some slight relief in the evening. I think the worst months for heat in FL are early May-mid August. By September people are tired of the summer but the sun is not quite as intense as it is in May. the nights are longer...finally.
Alright, if you'd prefer boring monotony over watching the beautiful changing seasons,.

If you really don't mind it getting over 80 degrees most of the year, then Florida's fine.

But just a couple of days ago, it was 83 degrees. In DECEMBER. So now we're talking 80+ degrees weather ALL YEAR.

If you want that hell take it, but I can't wait to move to New York, and for the first time spend a whole year, watching the seasons change, and living in a world-class city full of culture and things to do.

I will not miss this sandbar.

Old 12-20-2009, 11:49 AM

4,186 posts, read 10,309,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrubin View Post
Alright, if you'd prefer boring monotony over watching the beautiful changing seasons,.

If you really don't mind it getting over 80 degrees most of the year, then Florida's fine.

But just a couple of days ago, it was 83 degrees. In DECEMBER. So now we're talking 80+ degrees weather ALL YEAR.

If you want that hell take it, but I can't wait to move to New York, and for the first time spend a whole year, watching the seasons change, and living in a world-class city full of culture and things to do.

good for you

Old 12-20-2009, 02:34 PM

5,642 posts, read 7,981,160 times
Default I agree

Quote:

that is why I didn't want to be in Naples for Christmas. 82 degrees? No, thanks. Right now I am in NY at my daughter's house. It's beautiful outside today. 20s and a lot of snow on the ground. Picture PERFECT.

I want to move back home.

Old 12-20-2009, 05:24 PM

8,488 posts, read 17,957,591 times
Quote:

I guess the 55 degrees today, the 49 degrees right now and the freezing temps tonight equate to 80+ degrees all year round.

Personally I wish it would actually stay 80+ year round.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida