U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the weather in FL pleasant to you in the time of year? (Late July-Sept)
No 39 58.21%
Yes 28 41.79%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 05:27 PM

4,349 posts, read 6,068,307 times

Advertisements

Memememe! Love the cool nights and comfortable days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 06:59 PM

187,012 posts, read 76,973,884 times
Most pleasant this time of year. Mid 40's on the way down to the mid 30's. Far cry from being 80 today.

Old 12-20-2009, 07:41 PM

14,939 posts, read 10,236,055 times
Too cold for me! My Dad arrived today from Long Island to escape the snowstorm.

Ahhhh Mrs.TANaples is HAPPY!

Old 12-20-2009, 08:31 PM

208 posts, read 541,279 times
Temp right now is way too cold! I moved to SWF for the heat and humidity...sure am glad this doesn't last long. I live for the 90's...

If this global warming gets any cooler , I am going to move near the equator.

All kidding aside

it is cold here in Naples! I can't wait until March!

Old 12-20-2009, 09:43 PM

4,186 posts, read 10,310,247 times
I agree its a little too cold for me. my ideal weather is highs in the 70s to low 80s and lows in the 60s to high 50s.. Its been in the high 50s low 60s for the highs and 40s (30s tonight and tomorrow night with even lower wind chill) for the lows the passed few days and it isnt expected to hit the 70s again until Wednesday. Then on Christmas another cold front is supposed to pull through keeping the temps in the 60s and 40s for another few days. It feels ok right now because its the Christmas season so im not going to complain. But this weather pattern is going to continue well after Christmas until around march even early April sometimes. Winter doesn't even officially start until tomorrow.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:49 PM

7,930 posts, read 17,807,522 times
it was beautiful today and bit cool tonight but its all good, it will be 81 on thursday/Christmas Eve...I dont mind this cool weather as it doesnt stay around that long...

Old 12-21-2009, 04:08 AM

26 posts, read 48,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
I guess the 55 degrees today, the 49 degrees right now and the freezing temps tonight equate to 80+ degrees all year round.

Personally I wish it would actually stay 80+ year round.
Today was an exception, I have to admit, the weather was lovely today and I went out for a jog.

But why do I have to wait until DECEMBER 20TH to get decent weather? Why?

If it got in the 60's earlier in the year, like in September I could handle this State.

But the fact is, it DOES get in the 80's even in December, it's just too hot for me.

To everyone who likes it, I'm happy for you, and I'm happy you found a place to live with weather you love.

But I know I want to watch the trees turn their beautiful colours, and then later on watch the snow fall lightly out my window. I know where I belong and I know what I was made for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
that is why I didn't want to be in Naples for Christmas. 82 degrees? No, thanks. Right now I am in NY at my daughter's house. It's beautiful outside today. 20s and a lot of snow on the ground. Picture PERFECT.

I want to move back home.
Go back home, don't get stuck in this furnace like so many of us had, The New York metropolitan area has everything a human being needs. Four distinct seasons, culture that can't be matched anywhere else, and oohhh the Pastrami Sandwiches...

Last edited by Y_NLD; 12-21-2009 at 04:25 AM..

Old 12-21-2009, 06:29 AM

7,930 posts, read 17,807,522 times
This sure beats the weather in NJ where my mom is she got 20 inches of snow, I will take 80 degree weather any day....I lived in NC for 2 years and as beautiful as their weather is I will still take my Florida Weather...

Old 12-21-2009, 06:57 AM

5,642 posts, read 7,982,570 times
Default Cold Front

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
I guess the 55 degrees today, the 49 degrees right now and the freezing temps tonight equate to 80+ degrees all year round.

Personally I wish it would actually stay 80+ year round.
Florida does get cold fronts for a few days here and there. However, a cold front in South Florida is not going to be what a cold front is in Northern Florida. This year South Florida set records for heat, as in 90s and high 80s in October. I lived in Gainesville many years ago. It was nowhere near has hot there as in Naples. Winter nights did get cold enough to put on heat. RARE to have to put on heat in Naples.

When we drove up to NY on the weekend, it was 68 degrees at 3 AM in Naples on Friday when we left. When we got to Jacksonville and stopped for breakfast, HOURS later, it was 45 degrees there. I think a lot of people don't realize how different the temps can be from northern to southern parts of the state.

I am not only in the wrong state, but I am even in the wrong PART of the state.

Old 12-24-2009, 10:28 PM

778 posts, read 1,461,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
Florida does get cold fronts for a few days here and there. However, a cold front in South Florida is not going to be what a cold front is in Northern Florida. This year South Florida set records for heat, as in 90s and high 80s in October. I lived in Gainesville many years ago. It was nowhere near has hot there as in Naples. Winter nights did get cold enough to put on heat. RARE to have to put on heat in Naples.

When we drove up to NY on the weekend, it was 68 degrees at 3 AM in Naples on Friday when we left. When we got to Jacksonville and stopped for breakfast, HOURS later, it was 45 degrees there. I think a lot of people don't realize how different the temps can be from northern to southern parts of the state.

I am not only in the wrong state, but I am even in the wrong PART of the state.
The weather has been very nice the last week but had to wait till mid December for it to really break. The climate to me seems much hotter all over Florida than a decade or two ago. You needed a sweater most nights from Nov-March in Orlando and from Oct-April in the northern part of the state. I even lived two years in Daytona. Had the heater going full blast many a night in the winter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida