U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the weather in FL pleasant to you in the time of year? (Late July-Sept)
No 39 58.21%
Yes 28 41.79%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 12:34 AM

8,488 posts, read 17,932,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
No difference between different parts of the state? How do you explain a difference of 20 degrees on the same day then between Naples and Jacksonville?
Did someone say there was no temperature difference between different parts of the state?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2009, 06:58 PM

778 posts, read 1,459,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnwilliams View Post
Maybe, but I think the thousands of miles of black pavement, loss of trees and natural habitat, millions of scalding hot catalytic converters,non stop lawn sprinklers, uncountable amount of AC units and general hot air introduced since the 1920's has made a difference in ambient temperatures and humidity. Or maybe after 35+ years I'm just sick to death of it.
What a one - two punch on us natives and seminatives Definitly is much warmer than 10 years ago but also sick of the relentless heat and humidity.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:50 PM

8,964 posts, read 6,254,872 times
Honestly, I really have to question those that say that the temps here in FL between July and September are "pleasant." To me, pleasant is 72 degrees, 76 degrees, whatever. But 92 degrees with 90% humidity... I just dont see how anyone can say that that is pleasant.

Old 12-26-2009, 09:00 PM

2,035 posts, read 4,523,062 times
..If you want a "soft" 72 for summer weather ..feel free to move to the west coast...there's plenty of that and fog to spare..Glad im no longer there..lol

I'll take real summer weather.. storms, warm and starry summer nights, and the humidity...over boring "soft" west coast weather any day...and 75-80+ degrees during December..or at any point during the winter..keep it coming!!! ...it is great!!!..and all my Orchids think so too ...i can't wait until it is 80+ degrees every day...

Old 12-26-2009, 09:12 PM

2,763 posts, read 6,001,800 times
I'm with u on that one si33!

Old 12-26-2009, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by si33 View Post
..If you want a "soft" 72 for summer weather ..feel free to move to the west coast...there's plenty of that and fog to spare..Glad im no longer there..lol

I'll take real summer weather.. storms, warm and starry summer nights, and the humidity...over boring "soft" west coast weather any day...and 75-80+ degrees during December..or at any point during the winter..keep it coming!!! ...it is great!!!..and all my Orchids think so too ...i can't wait until it is 80+ degrees every day...

How about low 90's with "feels like" temps in the low 100's? Central FL averages approximately 110 days per year of temps above 90 - and that doesnt even include the humidity factor. 80's..... who sold you that line, your realtor, LOL?

Old 12-27-2009, 06:38 AM

2,763 posts, read 6,001,800 times
Com - he/she already lives there so they know what the weather is like and still like it - is that hard to believe? I get winter blues really badly so I need the warmth according to my doctor. Not hot but Warmer than here in NY. I have told you that I heard it was pretty bad there (Orlando) as far as heat goes - I felt sfl had a constant breeze from the ocean, but again I was only ther for 13 days in July not for months on end! I realize the heat can get to you, but at least you have options on how to deal with the heat, pool, air, beach - we don't really have those options here - so before telling people don't come at all, or how could you like it here, think about the place they are leaving for Florida - imagine you lived In NY with the heat you just described - allbeit for only 2 months, but with no option but to be in the heat if you want to be outside - there are no pools for less than 15$ a person and if you dare go to a city pool - you will wait on a 3 hour line, yes 3 hours only to be told you have to go in in sessions because there are too many people - you can't do the beach on the weekdays because they take an hour and a half to get to. I guess you could move to LI and live in traffic most of your life to have the small luxury's afforded to other states as a given - wow I live in a great place - I love it- I paymore taxes than mist of the rest of the country and don't have a decent pool to swim in - that is pretty awesome! Now of course I am not basing my decision solely on things like this but it is a huge contributing factor all those little thing re quality of life add up and become overwhelmingly disproportionate. Would you disagree? Fact is if I were an artsy type and my kids acted, sang, modelled and loved the museums i would stay and live with the cold - but they aren't, I'm not and life is very hectic trying to get your kids to a simple basket ball game here - I looked for parking for an hour the other day - I missed the whole damn game! Ok I'm done being Scrooge -

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday!!

Old 12-27-2009, 06:55 AM

5,642 posts, read 7,966,090 times
Default It's Spring today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
Com - he/she already lives there so they know what the weather is like and still like it - is that hard to believe? I get winter blues really badly so I need the warmth according to my doctor. Not hot but Warmer than here in NY. I have told you that I heard it was pretty bad there (Orlando) as far as heat goes - I felt sfl had a constant breeze from the ocean, but again I was only ther for 13 days in July not for months on end! I realize the heat can get to you, but at least you have options on how to deal with the heat, pool, air, beach - we don't really have those options here - so before telling people don't come at all, or how could you like it here, think about the place they are leaving for Florida - imagine you lived In NY with the heat you just described - allbeit for only 2 months, but with no option but to be in the heat if you want to be outside - there are no pools for less than 15$ a person and if you dare go to a city pool - you will wait on a 3 hour line, yes 3 hours only to be told you have to go in in sessions because there are too many people - you can't do the beach on the weekdays because they take an hour and a half to get to. I guess you could move to LI and live in traffic most of your life to have the small luxury's afforded to other states as a given - wow I live in a great place - I love it- I paymore taxes than mist of the rest of the country and don't have a decent pool to swim in - that is pretty awesome! Now of course I am not basing my decision solely on things like this but it is a huge contributing factor all those little thing re quality of life add up and become overwhelmingly disproportionate. Would you disagree? Fact is if I were an artsy type and my kids acted, sang, modelled and loved the museums i would stay and live with the cold - but they aren't, I'm not and life is very hectic trying to get your kids to a simple basket ball game here - I looked for parking for an hour the other day - I missed the whole damn game! Ok I'm done being Scrooge -

After all that rain yesterday, and the warm temps, all 18 inches of snow is totally gone here. The temp is 50 degrees. The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and the rabbits are running around outside.

One thing about this area. Give it a few days, and everything can completely change. We are going to the city today to ride the old subway trains. Of course, at my age I will probably remember riding them myself. If I was back in Naples, I would be sitting in the house watching TV, on the computer, or even sleeping half the day.

We are going out to our favorite German restaurant of 20 years in Glendale with our daughters, son-in-law, and his parents for New Years. SO nice to be with family this time of year.

Have a Happy New Year.

Old 12-27-2009, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post

I was teasing Chelsa. I thought the "LOL" and realtor comment would have given that one away. LOL.

Old 12-27-2009, 08:37 AM

7,930 posts, read 17,786,830 times
dh and I were just saying we remember our summers in NY and riding the disgusting subway in 90 degree weather with 100% humidity and did this for 10 years...and always saying its to hot, funny thing is the summer weather here is like NY and even in NC it can get really hot with high Humidity......for us we just its just fine..dh said last night yes its hot here in the summer but I will take the heat and the florida weather all year round than up North anyday of the week...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida