U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 11:45 PM

4,678 posts, read 8,480,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyA11 View Post
Man, and people complain that Yankee Stadium is expensive. (It isn't, really -- I've been to four games this year, had great seats in the upper deck, where I prefer to sit because you can see everything, and the most I paid was $23 per game.)
Last two games I went to was to see the Tampa Bay Rays in Tropicana Field and paid $8 for upper deck, The other was a home game in St. Louis at Busch and paid $12.

Yankees easily have the most expensive tickets in baseball.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 08:09 AM

9,324 posts, read 23,727,873 times
All I can hope is that Disney loses favor as hyperinflation causes people to stay home and buy food instead. I would be ecstatic if Disney world is returned to orange groves and pasture lands.

Old 08-04-2009, 08:12 AM

1,000 posts, read 2,916,014 times
Ain't gonna happen.

Old 08-04-2009, 08:45 AM

1,287 posts, read 2,510,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNRyan23 View Post
Last two games I went to was to see the Tampa Bay Rays in Tropicana Field and paid $8 for upper deck, The other was a home game in St. Louis at Busch and paid $12.

Yankees easily have the most expensive tickets in baseball.
They also have the most successful team in baseball (in all of professional sports, for that matter), and ownership that puts $$$ back into the team instead of pulling out as much as they can. There are several teams which receive more in revenue sharing funds than they pay out in payroll (off the top of my head, I think the Rays are one of them, and the Marlins are another, though I'd have to check figures to be sure). That certainly doesn't benefit their fans -- not do the fire sales of players that organizations like the Pirates put on every year at the trade deadline.

Old 08-04-2009, 08:48 AM

1,287 posts, read 2,510,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
All I can hope is that Disney loses favor as hyperinflation causes people to stay home and buy food instead. I would be ecstatic if Disney world is returned to orange groves and pasture lands.
And how many people would that put out of work? Not just at Disney, but at related businesses?

Old 08-04-2009, 09:02 AM

11,059 posts, read 11,159,548 times
If they had been smart enough to put a Blue Bayou Restaurant inside the P of C as they did at Disneyland I would gladly buy the annual passport and eat there once a week (the cheapest item, of course) for the ambiance. Why did they decide against adding a Blue Bauou to take advantage of the stunning bayou setting????

Old 08-04-2009, 02:31 PM

1,730 posts, read 4,100,355 times
Quote:
And how many people would that put out of work? Not just at Disney, but at related businesses?
And the most important ones of all. The kids. Both big and small. I agree Disney is a monster bordering on out of control but having just been there in January with the niece and nephew I just can't wish it away. It was expensive as hell but it was magic not only for the 5 and the 8 year old but for this 37 year old as well.

I hope to be able to bring my own kids someday because for me there is nothing like the look on the face of the kids when they pass through the gates and see Cinderella's castle.

Old 08-04-2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
And the most important ones of all. The kids. Both big and small. I agree Disney is a monster bordering on out of control but having just been there in January with the niece and nephew I just can't wish it away. It was expensive as hell but it was magic not only for the 5 and the 8 year old but for this 37 year old as well.

I hope to be able to bring my own kids someday because for me there is nothing like the look on the face of the kids when they pass through the gates and see Cinderella's castle.
It may be different in Florida now then it was. I was raised on Disney movies and having the park just down the road made going to Disney the best day in the world.

My son has no interest in going to Disney and really don't care for most of their movies with the exception being Cars. Unlike when I was a kid, Kids today have tons of cartoons to watch on Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon. I don't really want to keep bringing up Six Flags but in my own situation, My son always wants to see Bugs Bunny over Mickey Mouse. I can't say I'm not happy about it though as it saves megabucks.

Old 08-04-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
They also have the most successful team in baseball (in all of professional sports, for that matter), and ownership that puts $$$ back into the team instead of pulling out as much as they can. There are several teams which receive more in revenue sharing funds than they pay out in payroll (off the top of my head, I think the Rays are one of them, and the Marlins are another, though I'd have to check figures to be sure). That certainly doesn't benefit their fans -- not do the fire sales of players that organizations like the Pirates put on every year at the trade deadline.
The Yankees are one of the most successful sports franchises in terms of History, yes. However, in the last 30 years they've only won 4 World Series Titles.

There are several teams out there that exploit the rules and sit back and collect revenues and don't spend money on players, That is true but at the same time, Do you honestly think a team like the Pirates, Reds, or Royals could go out and have a $300 million dollar payroll ? No. Baseball's financial system is a joke. How many teams would/could win the World Series by spending $300 million ?

It's a joke.

I love baseball, have since I was a kid. I'll never put the game above the NFL though, Not unless they put some kind of salary cap into the game. The big dogs, Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, Dodgers, They will NEVER allow a salary cap to go into place. It would screw them out of buying whatever good players are availible each year for their pennant run.

It's a VERY boring post season when 6-7 of the 8 playoff teams are the same every season.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:00 PM

1,730 posts, read 4,100,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNRyan23 View Post
It may be different in Florida now then it was. I was raised on Disney movies and having the park just down the road made going to Disney the best day in the world.

My son has no interest in going to Disney and really don't care for most of their movies with the exception being Cars. Unlike when I was a kid, Kids today have tons of cartoons to watch on Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon. I don't really want to keep bringing up Six Flags but in my own situation, My son always wants to see Bugs Bunny over Mickey Mouse. I can't say I'm not happy about it though as it saves megabucks.

I havent been to a Six Flags since 1981 but I remember I liked that almost as much as Disney. But Disney just seemed more magical to me and it has stayed that way. I only go about every ten years even though I live only an hour away but when I do I become a little kid again and forget how much I hate the corporate side. Their tv programming is awful though and my niece and nephews know when they come to my house that Disney and Nick is banned from my tv. They have learned to love Bugs Bunny through force lol because I collect old cartoons.

Now you have me wanting to go to Six Flags!

And one more thing in praise of Disney, there food quality has gone up so much, as it should with those prices, that I have almost as much fun eating there as I do riding rides!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or