Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 09:35 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,295,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post
LOL...you and the rest of people I know...you have NO IDEA!!!! LOL
But, I can SWEAR, it's my husband driving me nuts, and wanting to go every which direction. After moving up here 2 weeks ago, he's ready to move back to FL, when I put my foot down and said "no". That's the reason, why we are checking out TN. Go figure....lol....
Well it's good that you are compromising at least... That's the key (and reason number 23 why people can't always up and leave just because they don't like where they live), the spouse must also go along with the plan...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2007, 09:59 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,433,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAFury View Post
Well it's good that you are compromising at least... That's the key (and reason number 23 why people can't always up and leave just because they don't like where they live), the spouse must also go along with the plan...
Yeah, because I "kind of made him" go along with my plan, becausr it makes much more sense at this time, and he's braindead right now....lol.
So, with the little cells I have, I have to do the major decision thing
Huh, we better come up with something, because if not, I guess we have to check out the moon ....lol....

Old 05-23-2007, 12:27 AM

101 posts, read 359,061 times
Moving to Tx. soon, born and raised in Leesburg,Fl, Schools and cost of living the reason.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:06 AM

393 posts, read 1,736,570 times
Left sarasota because rest of family homesick for midwest, I am an outcast. I miss Florida terribly and daily plot to return in the future. We are back to our roots and I am actually homesick for Florida.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:37 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,192,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcd01 View Post
Was just wondering where you all that were forced to, or chose to escape from Florida due to the high cost of living/crime/weather/whatever (not job relocations) moved to after your exit from the Sunshine state? Do you like it?

We W Palm Beach for Raleigh, NC last year and it is just fine. Sure I miss the beach but this is a much better place for my family. The beach isn't THAT far away.
I gave myself more then a year to consider the decision to leave Florida. Maybe Georgia or Alabama or the Carolinas I didn't know. I have to humbly say I can go anywhere and do anything I want. After all the possible considerations though I can't see leaving. Pretty much anything I want is here. I want a little cooler winters although no desire for snow so we are moving to the panhandle. I want some more land than I have now and maybe on a lake. I want out buildings for my studio, office and workshop.

I like the no income tax and I would expect HOI will be a little better up there then right on the coast where I live now. I may not get any at all as long as I can get a regular fire and liability policy which I think I can. I also think I like the idea of not feeling like I live on an island up there and the rest of the country is closer.

Many other states will be just a days drive away for some short traveling. Even the coast is close should I need a fix of the beach for the day. I don't have to worry about schools because I have no kids and don't require a job since I work from home. I don't know, I think you could run around looking for the perfect place to live only to find it in my own back yard.

Old 05-26-2007, 08:13 PM

9 posts, read 41,094 times
I saw the artilce posted by GCD01 and the question where did everybody go. The sad questions is really why is everybody leaving. Being a 4th generation Floridian here I have see enough changes and tired of everything being ripped up to put in new subdivisions and shopping centers. Central Florida has lost more farms and rural areas, due to nothing but greed and zoining laws that our goverments use to fill their coffers. With growth and demand, come more social and economic pressures that we are not fully addressing. Most Floridians I know are moving to Tenn and South Carolina. I going the opposite way when I retire, I am moving to the plains of Montana where I have bought some land recently. Good area, low to no crime and actually people know and care who you are. As long as the AC stills works here in Florida, people will still come. Me I'm throwing in the towel.

Old 05-27-2007, 09:52 AM

381 posts, read 1,685,855 times
When we leave we are going to Tennessee. Hopefully.

Old 05-27-2007, 11:31 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Thumbs up lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
Most people I know are moving to North Carolina, but personally I don't like living with crackers (and by that I don't mean offense, I just mean southern people, where I come it's a slang for a southern person or a "redneck").
Actually we are near Jonesborough Tenn- and its people from everywhere- NY, NJ, Michigan, Fl, Georgia, Oklahoma. You would have to drive to the next county to get rednecks, or Boone, N.C.

No HOA and our HOI is a bargain. I dont even need the a/c on today although its sunny. I am saving thousands every month by living here and never regret leaving Fl.

sunny

Old 05-27-2007, 11:34 AM

1,408 posts, read 5,096,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post
LOL...you and the rest of people I know...you have NO IDEA!!!! LOL
But, I can SWEAR, it's my husband driving me nuts, and wanting to go every which direction. After moving up here 2 weeks ago, he's ready to move back to FL, when I put my foot down and said "no". That's the reason, why we are checking out TN. Go figure....lol....

Awww...I think you guys just have a little gypsy in you! Just buy an RV and have a different residence every time the mood strikes!

Old 05-27-2007, 01:21 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Well, obviously, we moved to Knoxville. Now there are tons of transplants streaming in from Florida, California, Michigan, New Jersey...Traffic's bad, attitudes are shifting and housing prices are going up.

At this point, I could get a rental cheaper in Florida than I can in Knoxville.

Hmmm......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida