Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 07:22 AM

41 posts, read 90,241 times

Advertisements

Well, my family is one reason I'm moving. I don't want my kids to grow up around them because they are so dysfunctional and I'm not crazy about my husband's family either. It will be so nice to be so far away..of course I'm also dying to get away from the long, snowy winters and I love Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 07:43 AM

519 posts, read 1,377,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AB2009 View Post
Well, my family is one reason I'm moving. I don't want my kids to grow up around them because they are so dysfunctional and I'm not crazy about my husband's family either. It will be so nice to be so far away..of course I'm also dying to get away from the long, snowy winters and I love Florida.
How funny I hear ya, Oh my dysfunctional I hear ya their, my dhs family well I am pretty sure I could right a book and my mom and I well I love her but she is always trying to run my life and I am almost 40 hello?? This is something we have wanted to do for years but she always begs us, and says what about her. well like I said I love her but how long do we have to be unhappy for her convenience? My kids she is always telling us don't do this don't do that, now what I am their mother and I have great kids, everyone loves them, they are smart, funny, all the kids love them so I think I am doing an ok job of raising them, now I just want more for them, here in this small town there is nothing for them. Ok sorry about the book. But I completely understand what your going through. I love the ocean anywhere and Florida just has more opportunities and lots more beaches.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debidibly View Post
Just remember that moving away doesn't sever those ties and they may still come to visit and you may still be dragged into every argument. When they do visit you are stuck with them for one very LOOOOONG period of time. The frustration and anger will build in anticipation of them coming and then there's the actual visit, and of course, the relief after they're gone. The grass isn't always greener.

Well, you could always say no. I mean, it's not like family can just come visit whenever they want without permission. I know mine can't afford to just fly down whenever and stay for weeks and weeks. Thank God!

Old 08-19-2009, 11:23 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,374,625 times
Quote:
Well, you could always say no. I mean, it's not like family can just come visit whenever they want without permission. I know mine can't afford to just fly down whenever and stay for weeks and weeks. Thank God!
I so hear the both of you...now we are really far from my family..dysfunctional well that is a term we use quiet often...I too can write a book...lol

My kids miss their aunt and uncle and my parents BUT, it is what it is...

Old 08-19-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
I so hear the both of you...now we are really far from my family..dysfunctional well that is a term we use quiet often...I too can write a book...lol

My kids miss their aunt and uncle and my parents BUT, it is what it is...
Its definatly nice to hear that others have the same issues, some days I just wanna sceam, thank goodness there are no neighbors close.

I will miss my mom but really that it, I am gonna get my real estate licesne, hoping this fall and she tells me well did you know there are alot of numbers invloved, WHAT AM I STUPID?? And the inlaws I can't even answer the phone when they call anymore.

Thanks for making feel like I'm not the only one with a crazy family.

Old 08-19-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyflorida70 View Post
Its definatly nice to hear that others have the same issues, some days I just wanna sceam, thank goodness there are no neighbors close.

I will miss my mom but really that it, I am gonna get my real estate licesne, hoping this fall and she tells me well did you know there are alot of numbers invloved, WHAT AM I STUPID?? And the inlaws I can't even answer the phone when they call anymore.

My only normal family (aunt, uncle and cousins) already left and now live in South Florida!

I can't wait to not have to see my husbands family! lol I'm so excited!! No more painful holidays!

Old 08-19-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyflorida70 View Post

that made me laugh is your mom related to my mom? Im 41 and she still talks to me as if I know nothing...I have my real estate license up in NJ still, however Im on referal for the last 2.5 years since we had moved to charlotte and then here...I although have no interest in becoming licensed here, I think this market is definately saturated with Everyone doing it...and to start over again eeesshhh....lol

wishing u luck with getting your license down here

Old 08-19-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
My only normal family (aunt, uncle and cousins) already left and now live in South Florida!

I can't wait to not have to see my husbands family! lol I'm so excited!! No more painful holidays!
LOL thats funny..I dont have inlaws and I really think im very lucky..my family is my dh's

talk about dysfuntional...anyhow, I have my Aunt and Uncle and Great Aunt down here, my parents come from Jan-April they stay at with my Aunt and Uncle usually but for 2010 they are looking for a rental....and then after april we wont see them again until the following year...

And my sister made it very clear she will come and visit, which is fine...I miss my nephews but what can I do...we lived in charlotte for 2 years and she never once came to visit and we were closer, now we are further....she doesnt fly...

Old 08-19-2009, 02:21 PM

Normal whats that, I didn't know thier was such a thing, lol. I am 39 so it makes life more challenging dealing with family. I think the only normal family is my cousin and she wants to move with us.
Oh the relief it would be to only have to see them a couple of times a yr.
DH is always supportive but he still has ties with his family, omg his dad is in his 60's and has a hit list WHATS

Old 08-19-2009, 02:31 PM

Ok trigger finger lost me, sorry anyhow hes flipping crazy he calls hear crying pretty much everyday, screwed his son over so many time I can't count anymore.
I am at my witts end, I just don't answer the phone, thank god for caller id.
We can all live in Florida togeather without our disfunctional familys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida