U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 07:38 PM

457 posts, read 1,643,385 times

Advertisements

Thank you Joe! This was a great post, with lots of info. Gives me a better view of Palm Coast. We will rent for sure, and then just take our time.

Do you know anything about the Seminole Woods section? Is this area nice? How far away is it from Daytona, etc?
we found a house for rent there and are just curious..

Jen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2007, 09:13 PM

563 posts, read 1,748,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceandreams94 View Post
Thank you Joe! This was a great post, with lots of info. Gives me a better view of Palm Coast. We will rent for sure, and then just take our time.

Do you know anything about the Seminole Woods section? Is this area nice? How far away is it from Daytona, etc?
we found a house for rent there and are just curious..

Jen
Jen

Seminole woods is on the south end of the city off of State road 100. It is across the road and very close to the hospital. It is also near the Town Center that is being built. I am not sure how this will affect traffic in the area when this is fully completed. They did finish widening SR 100. It is close to FPC high school which is on the other side of the road. I looked in this area when I first came down looking for property. Here is what I found out:

1. The U section is around here. Some of these properties back up to I-95. Either way, it is right near the interstate which will make it noisy with the trucks. I can here them at night sometimes and I am in the P section. I did not care for the location when I looked.

2. There are a lot of power lines in the area. Not sure if that is something that concerns you.

3. The Flagler County airport is down the road off of SR 100 so there may be a flight path that carries small planes over the area.

Flagler county has had fires in the past. I Think it was back in 1998 or 1999 there were bad brushfires all across St. Johns County and Flagler. My dad said that the Seminole woods area was where one started. This is just a history point I wanted to tell you. It has been unusually dry all over though. There was also a tornado rumored to have passed over that area a few months ago.

There are plenty of other areas in Palm Coast that have rentals. I do not know what your price range is but if you found a house in Seminole Woods, keep looking for comparison sake. From there it is easy access to I-95 at exit 284 which you can take south to exit 261 for Daytona. But then again, most of Palm Coast can access I-95 with a few miles of driving. I would keep looking but that is just my opinion and my two cents. Let me know if you need any information regarding any realtors in this area. I have a friend of the family that has been down here for years as a realtor. He is as honest as they come. He helped me when I was down here. Good luck with your decisions.

Joe

Old 05-07-2007, 07:01 AM

Joe, I am going to pm you.

Thanks,
Jen

Old 06-07-2007, 07:05 AM

200 posts, read 468,980 times
Hey if you want to know the latest about growth here (being a Palm Coast resident for over 15 years) this is a great site - we are really doing a lot better now......just had to get used to all the spurts of growth from all the NY and NJ and IL folks coming in. I think PC is FINALLY catching up. But check out this site - the new TOWN CENTER and all the services coming in. Fantastic! Real Estate News and Information for Palm Coast, Flagler County, Florida: GoToby.com (you will see rumors on the left - click it)

Old 06-26-2007, 08:09 AM

1,332 posts, read 3,358,156 times
Default Another "drive-by" shooting in Palm Coast

About 3:30 a.m. Sunday, 4 teenagers in a truck fired shots near the intersection of Belle Terre & Palm Coast Parkway. They were stopped in Bunnell and one of the kids pulled a gun on the arresting officer, who returned fire. The full article is in the local paper: Daytona Beach News-Journal Online

Old 07-08-2007, 05:07 PM

1 posts, read 6,606 times
Maybe a little late on this, but there was recently a 'drive-by' on Rainbrook Ln... right down the road from my house! I've lived in Flagler County all my life, I love it... However, In the last 6 months? The house I was renting a room in was robbed (on the motive of video games, what will these kids do for AN XBOX!?), my 10 year old sister's friend had her jaw knocked out of place by a 13 year old boy with a stick, You can see drug deals happening at any given time in almost any parking lot. Ah, the list goes on. With all the great people moving into Palm Coast each month, you've got to expect the bad apples.

Old 07-08-2007, 06:54 PM

1 posts, read 6,615 times
Cool Palm Coast

I moved to Florida 13 1/2 yrs ago From Massachusetts to Holly Hill rural of Daytona Beach. We bought a house in Holly Hill with our 2 kids. When I first moved here Daytona was nice & quiet. But 3 times of the year was brutal,Spring break,BCR,Race week. Then it started to build up and I didn't want to raise our kids in daytona. It got bigger and noiser I had gotten to the point I didn't like Daytona anymore. So we sold our home in Holly Hill and bought a beautiful home in the newer B section in Palm Coast. I just love it and would not move back to Daytona for nothing. Daytona is getting to be like Orlando I give it a few more years, it is to much city for me. Yes, Palm Coast has grown over the past 4yrs. that I have lived here. But it is a beautiful and wonderful place to bring up your kids, the schools my daughter have been in are great!!. Palm Coast is not for everyone especially if your from the city or any part of NE up North. It's a big and different change. But if you like change Palm Coast if for you.

Old 07-08-2007, 07:53 PM

61 posts, read 154,570 times
if you like palm coast then thats all that matters. It might be small and quiet now but in 20 years it will be much much bigger

good luck

Old 07-18-2007, 03:01 PM

1 posts, read 6,517 times
Red face Palm Coast

Hi! After two years of searching, looking at everything on the internet including ocean currents, ocean temperatures year round, number of hurricanes, closeness to Orland without being in it, size of homes for quality and price, researching the population demographics, amount of criminal activity etc - (you name it I have researched it), we have decided on Palm Coast to retire to, from Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I love the fact that there is not too many people in the city, not too many malls to bring in traffic, not too many rental units, and you should go on line and see the questionaire sent to Palm Coast homes about how satisfied the residents are! The city actually posts the questions and the residents answers on the internet!!!!! How about that open government? I was blown away. I want to semi retire early (I'm 60 now) into a place that I can socialize, swim, exercise and be with people have like interests. What I really want to do is retire from the full-time extreme pace in Calgary in oil and gas, and just return to work in Calgary during the summer months on a contract basis. From October to May, I would like to live in a relatively arthritis free environment, enjoying frequent visits frorom my 5 grandchildren. My husband is already retired, and he loves the place! I can hardly wait to get there!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong View Post
My husband and I have decided to relocate our family out of NJ and after hearing nothing but good things about Palm Coast, we headed down there to take a look-see for ourselves. 6 days and 2500 miles later (yes, 2500 miles), we LOVED it and decided PC was a nice place to raise our family and plan to move there this summer. Now, after reading all the threads about Palm Coast, it has made me wonder whether I was driving around with a blindfold around my eyes the whole time or maybe I'm just insane. Living in northern NJ, PC is a different world to one extent yet a bit like taking a piece of "home" with you. First, most of the PC residents we met are from the NY/NJ/CT/MA area but WITHOUT the NY/NJ/CT/MA attitudes. Whether we were at the Winn Dixie, CVS or Dunkin Donuts, the people were extremely friendly, including the neighbors standing in front of their homes as we drove by, waving and asking if they can in any way help us. Second, the town was extremely clean and well maintained, as there wasn't any paper cups being flung out a car window, nor were the streets dug up and re-paved to the extent that you feel like you're riding down a roller coaster with your vehicle. Third, as we have 2 children ages 11 and 5, we drove by the public schools as well as followed some of the school buses as they dropped off the children. Immediately, we noticed the children were properly led out of school and into the buses, and they were dressed appropriately for school, meaning no pants half way down their bottoms with boxers hanging out for the world to see. I'm not saying that this "style" is not appropriate in any way, but I believe there is a time and place for it. There should be some level of respect towards these teachers, and I personally believe that this fashion style shows no respect at all, jmo. Also, as I mentioned we drove 2500 miles, we drove up and down, left and right, through all possible sections (R, W, P, U, B, F, C, L). Yes there were plenty of empty homes, but it seemed to me to be "over-built" and houses were sitting empty because of this surplus. What we also noticed was each section tendered to different age groups, i.e. R and B had plenty of children while not many were noticed in the F section. And yes, during the hours that schools let out, Belle Terre Parkway did become backed-up a bit. However, until you experience traveling 8 miles in 1 hour and 40 miles on any given day (yes, that is true), or getting stuck on the Cross Bronx Expressway on a Friday afternoon, I'll take the BTP back up any time. Yes there is limited shopping, however PC is located right in the middle of St. Augustine and Daytona Beach. Is it so hard to travel 20 minutes to get to a mall? A lot of people are already complaining about the "traffic" as it is now, could you image if there was a huge mall in PC?? What would people have to say about the traffic then?? I've also read about no "night-life". Based on what we saw, I would say that is a correct statement about PC. But again, you are not far from it. I would think that it just depends on what you want. I believe that most people from the NE region want to get away from all of these points listed above, and I believed Palm Coast was just that place. Please let me know what I am missing because I just don't understand all these negative threads.

P.S. About the "gang" shooting, isn't that the 2 boys from Orlando who stole a vehicle in Bunnell, and were caught by authorities in PC after the boys pulled a gun on authorities??? Or was this another "gang" incident?

Old 07-18-2007, 04:01 PM

Default Been here over 2 weeks now..

Well It sbeen over 2 weeks now since we moved to Palm Coast and I must say that I LOVE it so far. I am very glad that we made the choice to move here, location wise because its close to bigger cities, yet not that close, lol.

Our house in Seminole Woods is a just a few minutes drive to Flagler beach, about 20 to daytona beach, and about an hour from Orlando. Perfect!

Jen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida