Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 12:49 PM

3,283 posts, read 5,205,733 times

Advertisements

C'mon Gov Scott, you know you wanna! we could steal a lot of business from california, seattle etc. florida also has a reputation of been a state full of old people. if gov scott wants to get the innovation bug moving here, they have to do something which will change florida's image
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2011, 02:37 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,300,667 times
The bible beaters in North Florida, along with the rednecks and soccer moms, will never allow it. If Florida bans victimless things like gay marriage and slot machines, then there's no way they will allow this. Ironically, they removed the law for motorcycle helmets a few years ago.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:38 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,219,447 times
You'll get no argument from me, but it'll never happen-there's a multi-billion dollar industry in arresting, prosecuting and incarcerating drug users that would suffer if it were legalized.

Last edited by vaughanwilliams; 02-24-2011 at 03:38 PM..

Old 02-24-2011, 03:02 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
Vaughan... I could not agree with you more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnwilliams View Post
You'll get no argument from me, but it'll never happen-there's a multi-billion dollar industry in the arresting, prosecuting and incarcerating drug users that would suffer if it were legalized.

Old 02-24-2011, 03:08 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,300,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnwilliams View Post
You'll get no argument from me, but it'll never happen-there's a multi-billion dollar industry in the arresting, prosecuting and incarcerating drug users that would suffer if it were legalized.
Rep-worthy statement.

Old 02-24-2011, 03:20 PM

3,283 posts, read 5,205,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret111 View Post
Rep-worthy statement.
http://www.bloomberg.com/video/66546336/

in this interview on bloomberg he makes some convincing arguments about moving to florida for business. the interviewer then points out that florida has always been good for business. she then asks what's stopping business from relocating here. he couldn't answer that question in the video, but i can.

florida has an image problem. if you ask anyone about florida they think of sun, rednecks and socially conservative old people! this needs to change and marijuana legalzation tells everyone that you've finally arrived in the 21st century

Last edited by 58robbo; 02-24-2011 at 03:31 PM..

Old 02-24-2011, 04:04 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,822,968 times
Quote:
The bible beaters in North Florida, along with the rednecks and soccer moms, will never allow it. If Florida bans victimless things like gay marriage and slot machines, then there's no way they will allow this. Ironically, they removed the law for motorcycle helmets a few years ago.
Actually the rednecks in the tourism industry in north Florida would love the idea. Panama City Beach still gets its biggest financial windfall every year from the college spring break crowd. Imagine how much more would be spent there if legal pot was an option.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:31 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,319,497 times
Quote:
If Florida bans victimless things like slot machines
Come on down to SoFla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
florida has an image problem. if you ask anyone about florida they think of sun, rednecks and socially conservative old people! this needs to change and marijuana legalzation tells everyone that you've finally arrived in the 21st century
I don't think of that, I think of South Florida. North FL is not really Florida, IMO. It's more like a nasty little pimple that SoFla just can't seem to get rid of.

Old 02-24-2011, 05:32 PM

5,663 posts, read 10,736,130 times
I know there are drawbacks to the legalization argument but I actually think it should be legalized for a few reasons. 1-People who want it already use it anyway, 2-Might as well get the tax money on the retail side and save the tax money on the enforcement, prosecution and incarceration side (if they still do that) and 3-we would do well to remove the profits from the drug wholesalers. I'm not ignoring the problems but I don't think they'd get any worse by legalizing it and I think the financial upside is too good to ignore.

Old 02-24-2011, 06:24 PM

1,468 posts, read 4,748,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
C'mon Gov Scott, you know you wanna! we could steal a lot of business from california, seattle etc. florida also has a reputation of been a state full of old people. if gov scott wants to get the innovation bug moving here, they have to do something which will change florida's image
If Florida has not been able to pass legalized gambling, would never have a chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida