U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 09:23 AM

10,368 posts, read 17,101,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtcare View Post
But this is a story about Florida, in a forum about.....Florida. That had NATIONAL attention afforded it on one of this mornings national news program. Simple enuf to understand that, isnt it?

In cash strapped, tax starved high foreclosure areas, like we see alot of in Florida. I see this as a potential tactic that will be used to generate revenue, for the investor, and the municipalities, that will look the other way, as long as their get their "cut".

If a moderator wishes to move this thread to some other forum, that is their perogative.
If you don't want to come to Florida, fine, we won't miss you. Why post this anyway

Old 08-19-2009, 09:39 AM

2,764 posts, read 2,726,455 times
Quote:
I see this as a potential tactic that will be used to generate revenue, for the investor, and the municipalities, that will look the other way, as long as their get their "cut".
You have an odd way of seeing things. What municipality anywhere in the USA would want to wrap their reputation around this???

Old 08-19-2009, 10:26 AM
Status: "Kidney stones would be less painful right now......." (set 2 days ago)

2,796 posts, read 3,506,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
If you don't want to come to Florida, fine, we won't miss you. Why post this anyway

Sorry, I'm already stuck here. Would love to move, but cannot for a while yet.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by verobeach View Post
You have an odd way of seeing things. What municipality anywhere in the USA would want to wrap their reputation around this???

I know of several right here in Florida, that do some questionable things, as long as there's $$ in it for city council.
But I'll let you do your own research..........

Old 08-19-2009, 10:34 AM

5,973 posts, read 3,677,237 times
Quote:
Sorry, I'm already stuck here. Would love to move, but cannot for a while yet.
That must be horrible to be stuck in a place you do not want to be and be unable to move. I wish you the best in getting out of Florida, many have and are much happier.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:17 AM

24,001 posts, read 32,379,858 times
Florida isn't as hospitable to sex offenders as many are trying to lead you to believe. They are not welcome in public shelters during hurricanes. Those on parole can report to local jails to be sheltered there. Those not on parole are on their own. So sad, too bad.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:38 PM

8,489 posts, read 11,372,908 times
Quote:
But this is a story about Florida, in a forum about.....Florida. That had NATIONAL attention afforded it on one of this mornings national news program. Simple enuf to understand that, isnt it?

In cash strapped, tax starved high foreclosure areas, like we see alot of in Florida. I see this as a potential tactic that will be used to generate revenue, for the investor, and the municipalities, that will look the other way, as long as their get their "cut".

If a moderator wishes to move this thread to some other forum, that is their perogative.
It was simple enough to understand but you obviously couldn't grasp what I was posting.

This is not a problem unique to Florida and for you to use a thread title that puts it in a light that it is unique to Florida is disingenuous at best.

As I have shown there are whole towns in other states that have landlords doing this, in fact one article I read about it was from 3 years ago.

Not new, not unique to Florida. That is my point.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
Not new, not unique to Florida. That is my point.

Point taken.....

Given the other factors stated, (economy, unemployment, foreclosures, numbers of units being purchased by investors), think it may become more prevalent?

This guy has nine people in one unit, paying at $400.00 a pop. Thats $3600.00 a month out of one unit. A successful business model, no?

Old 08-19-2009, 01:04 PM

9 posts, read 13,218 times
Default Why people move to Florida!!

If you are looking to open up a Meth Lab then Florida may be the place for you.

If you are interested in being a corrections or probation officer who rapes the prisoners, then Florida may be a great place for you.

If you are a judge on the take, then for sure Florida would be a great place for you.

If you are a con artist then Florida is the place for you.

If you want to be a corrupt public official then Florida is the place for you.

If you want to transport crack or what ever else, then as long as you get a judge in your pocket, Florida is for you.

If you are a convict just getting out of prison then Florida is the place to be as they will issue you a building contractor's license or other professional licenses with no trouble at all.

IF YOUR LIFE'S DREAM IS TO LIVE A LIFE OF CRIME, THEN MOVE TO FLORIDA, OTHERWISE STAY AWAY!

Old 08-19-2009, 03:29 PM

23 posts, read 58,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouthgranny View Post
If you are looking to open up a Meth Lab then Florida may be the place for you.

If you are interested in being a corrections or probation officer who rapes the prisoners, then Florida may be a great place for you.

If you are a judge on the take, then for sure Florida would be a great place for you.

If you are a con artist then Florida is the place for you.

If you want to be a corrupt public official then Florida is the place for you.

If you want to transport crack or what ever else, then as long as you get a judge in your pocket, Florida is for you.

If you are a convict just getting out of prison then Florida is the place to be as they will issue you a building contractor's license or other professional licenses with no trouble at all.

IF YOUR LIFE'S DREAM IS TO LIVE A LIFE OF CRIME, THEN MOVE TO FLORIDA, OTHERWISE STAY AWAY!
You're right, the other 49 have none of this!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida