Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 03:29 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,561,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouthgranny View Post
If you are looking to open up a Meth Lab then Florida may be the place for you.

If you are interested in being a corrections or probation officer who rapes the prisoners, then Florida may be a great place for you.

If you are a judge on the take, then for sure Florida would be a great place for you.

If you are a con artist then Florida is the place for you.

If you want to be a corrupt public official then Florida is the place for you.

If you want to transport crack or what ever else, then as long as you get a judge in your pocket, Florida is for you.

If you are a convict just getting out of prison then Florida is the place to be as they will issue you a building contractor's license or other professional licenses with no trouble at all.

IF YOUR LIFE'S DREAM IS TO LIVE A LIFE OF CRIME, THEN MOVE TO FLORIDA, OTHERWISE STAY AWAY!
Right on the money

Old 08-19-2009, 03:38 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,366,552 times
Quote:

If you are interested in being a corrections or probation officer who rapes the prisoners, then Florida may be a great place for you.

If you are a judge on the take, then for sure Florida would be a great place for you.

If you want to transport crack or what ever else, then as long as you get a judge in your pocket, Florida is for you.

If you are a convict just getting out of prison then Florida is the place to be as they will issue you a building contractor's license or other professional licenses with no trouble at all.

IF YOUR LIFE'S DREAM IS TO LIVE A LIFE OF CRIME, THEN MOVE TO FLORIDA, OTHERWISE STAY AWAY!
Ya, I lived in the Chicago area for five years. None of the above going on there! lol

Old 08-19-2009, 03:59 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,561,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verobeach View Post
Ya, I lived in the Chicago area for five years. None of the above going on there! lol
To compare a great American city like Chicago to anything in Florida is laughable.

Old 08-19-2009, 04:03 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
To compare a great American city like Chicago to anything in Florida is laughable.
How does this even responsive to what verobeach posted... at ALL?

There has to be a journalistic term for it.... maybe you can help me out...?

Old 08-19-2009, 04:09 PM

228 posts, read 536,595 times
Quote:

Wow, nicely put. I could not have said it any better myself. I can tell you really did your research! I have an idea, why not post this in every state's forum, that way any one considering moving to FL might change their minds. This might stop or slow down the influx of northerns (aka rude people). I would much rather have criminals here than rude people.

Old 08-19-2009, 04:59 PM

1,069 posts, read 3,198,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Right on the money
And this coming from someone who's city has a JAIL inside the stadium.....LOL. The schools are so bad up Nawth, here locally they have to promise 4 years of college to kids just to get their parents to put them in what should be called Maximum Security skills 101.

And sex offenders? Where I live up Nawth the ratio in this town is 1 offender per 60 residents. In my hometown in FL the ratio is one offender per 300 residents and that wouldn't be so high if transplanted riff-raff weren't included.

I don't know if it's the snow and cold that screws up their minds or something they put in the drinking water up Nawth, inbreeding, unions, etc.....but something ain't right up there.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:19 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,366,552 times
Where exactly on the map is nawth?

Old 08-19-2009, 06:42 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,770,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
On the website it also alludes to the fact that they are looking for properties in other states to be able to house sex offenders.

Your thread title makes it seem as if Florida is the only state that has a problem with sex offenders.

Do you not think that investors in other states are housing sex offenders in their rentals?
Mike normally you are the last person I ever agree with on CD, but I have to say this. I looked into Abilene TX where I may possibly relocate, and may not now... It has 292 of them in it at 150K people, Fort Myers has 192 with 150K people....... Fort Myers AND Cape Coral have 290 COMBINED....... 250k people or more. SO, it is not just FL in this sex offender thing. My city in MA has 150K people in it and 22 of them. I would personally like them all to be stuck on some island somewhere away from normal people, but reality is..... We get to live amongst them.

Old 08-19-2009, 06:47 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,770,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlabel View Post
And this coming from someone who's city has a JAIL inside the stadium.....LOL. The schools are so bad up Nawth, here locally they have to promise 4 years of college to kids just to get their parents to put them in what should be called Maximum Security skills 101.

And sex offenders? Where I live up Nawth the ratio in this town is 1 offender per 60 residents. In my hometown in FL the ratio is one offender per 300 residents and that wouldn't be so high if transplanted riff-raff weren't included.

I don't know if it's the snow and cold that screws up their minds or something they put in the drinking water up Nawth, inbreeding, unions, etc.....but something ain't right up there.
Ummmmm, up Nawth....? Please.... Do not tell me you "think" the schools in FL are better than any of the New England state schools.... Please don't tell me that. Or are you talking NY and NJ????

Old 08-22-2009, 01:30 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,986,180 times
there are sex offenders in every state, which is reminder to be checking stats like this before heading off to your new idea of utopia. i think the highest per capita was some little town in alaska, if im recalling correctly. how about this idea, we send the sex offenders down to mexico, in trade for all those that have already come nawth illegally for a better life.

but this post was about slimey investors using their properties as sort of group homes for previous offenders. im sure it happens other places too. if you do find that happening im sure the local newpaper would be happy to do an investigative piece on it. i believe some places do have limits on the number of occupants renting a home or apartment.

xlabel, i dont know if you are speaking of just the chicago area, or other nawth locations, when you mention the bad weather, poor schools, bad water, or inbreeding. couldnt the same blanket statement be made about the south? school districts can vary widely in a metro area, couldnt the same bad rep of students and schools happen in a poor section of say..miami? would you say that a high percentage of young men and women from the ghettos areas in florida go on to ivy league colleges for advanced studies, more so than in chicago or other large metros? im just wondering where up nawth you reside.

fl developer, they are often one and the same, wouldnt you say? "I would much rather have criminals here than rude people". personally if i had to choose, id prefer living next to a rude noncriminal, than a criminal with a proven history of crime as his cv. but to each his own!

really to me, it comes down to what kind of life you have, a close circle of friends and or family can make even the least lovely places, not so bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida