Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 04:13 PM

593 posts, read 1,916,356 times

Advertisements

I also once heard that some of these are guys having same sex affairs with only slightly younger guys and the parents flip out and prosecute. again, i have heard this. i am not well versed int eh subject. just prefer to think there are a lot of non-violent offenders in those numbers. . .

Old 08-24-2009, 04:19 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,660,026 times
Default A DA has discretion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocamom View Post
I also once heard that some of these are guys having same sex affairs with only slightly younger guys and the parents flip out and prosecute. again, i have heard this. i am not well versed int eh subject. just prefer to think there are a lot of non-violent offenders in those numbers. . .
As do the judges, when you are talking about say a 16 year old and 18 year old HS students in a consentual affair, be it straight or gay.

Usually, it is somebody with an agenda who brings this to court.

Old 08-24-2009, 06:47 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Ummmmm, does the color yellow come to mind? Thats the term that the Pulitzer School of Journalism, University of Missouri taught us.......
This is not journalism. It's a forum.

Old 08-24-2009, 06:50 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
This is not journalism. It's a forum.
Well freaking DUH!!!!!!!! Did you bother to read any of the previous posts in context?
I was responding to an earlier post.

Old 08-24-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocamom View Post
"Sex offender" is a broad term. The 20 year old woman who consensually diddles with her 15 year old boyfriend gets lumped in with the rapist, no? I might be wrong, but I think a lot of these offenders start out with a very grown up kid who's parents are the ones who don't consent. I am not condoning that, but I think it is impossible that these are all rapists??????
I've looked at a lot of sex offender websites in different states. Yes, some of it is statutory rape, but most of it is creepy older men sexually assaulting children. Take a look at it sometime. Or don't if you would rather not be sickened.

No. Florida doesn't have a lock on it, but they are ranked 15th out of 50 states. Hey! They are improving! Last year they were ranked 13th. Maybe losing some population isn't such a bad thing!

National Sex Offender List - Access Detailed Reports

Old 08-24-2009, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Well freaking DUH!!!!!!!! Did you bother to read any of the previous posts in context?
I was responding to an earlier post.
Sure did. He was responding to an opinion, with an opinion, on a forum. He may have the moniker "Daily Journalist" but he is not practicing journalism on this site, nor are you and me.

Old 08-24-2009, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Sure did. He was responding to an opinion, with an opinion, on a forum. He may have the moniker "Daily Journalist" but he is not practicing journalism on this site, nor are you and me.
Did not mean to offend you with the particulars of my education, I was not aware that I was not allowed to expound on my experiences therof in this forum, thank you so much for correcting me.
As far as the journalism comment, you do not speak for me, nor I for you.... I would not dare presume on your educational background.

Last edited by kshe95girl; 08-24-2009 at 07:37 PM.. Reason: syntax, and obvious journalistic things :(

Old 08-24-2009, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Did not mean to offend you with the particulars of my education, I was not aware that I was not allowed to expound on my experiences therof in this forum, thank you so much for correcting me.
As far as the journalism comment, you do not speak for me, nor I for you.... I would not dare presume on your educational background.
I was a newspaper reporter for many, many years, but that has nothing to do with this forum. Go to The National Enquirer for "yellow" journalism. Quite frankly, you should know that.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:18 PM

Quote:
I was a newspaper reporter for many, many years, but that has nothing to do with this forum. Go to The National Enquirer for "yellow" journalism. Quite frankly, you should know that.
Yes, I do, and that was my point, just in case you missed it.
I, too, reported on the news for many years, although my speciality was investigative journalism, I still write for a regional magazine.
Again, I reiterate that I was responding to a previous post, and it is not your place to correct me, you are not the journalism police.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:23 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,561,897 times
Quote:
Great post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida