Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 12:58 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,770,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
Complain, be mean to others - while waiting for October.
LOL!!!! Good one, somewhat true though. Moderator cut: flaming

As many said, I basically work out in this all day, so when I get home and on weekends, I stay inside after 10AM till 8PM. Wait for November, then I am outside a lot. Until then it's AC, cold beer, DVD's, and sunblock!!! The heat of 90 degrees is ok, it's the humidity that kills ya... Otherwise no matter what I have said before negative or positive, Florida is the best place to be NOV-MARCH/APRIL, and my homestate of MA from May-October, but I heard this past summer was cold and blah.

Last edited by doggiebus; 08-31-2009 at 08:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 01:02 PM

33 posts, read 157,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Basically everything I do in the winter... only it's hotter.
Same here! The TI-KI bar that I built does get a better workout in the summer months, mixing some frozen concoctions some good some not so good in the afternoon. Happy hour starts when when the afternoon rains come.

Old 08-31-2009, 04:48 PM

225 posts, read 643,914 times
I work a 9-5 during the week - no summer vacation for me!!

Generally, during the hottest months on the weekends it's: run/walk a few miles sometime before 9am, cool off with a shower (really saves on hot water), do some chores, maybe go to a movie or the bookstore, and if it isn't storming, take the dog to the park for a while, take another shower, go to a restaurant or takeout. I'm nowhere near a pool, so it's not an option.

If the boyfriend isn't on call or on his second job: we'll go hiking til noon, go to the beach, or go to the Disney waterparks. This is very rare. We'd love to have more fun, but gotta work as much as possible to save for the big move.

One of the best places I lived was on the beach for a few years. Total heaven!!!! Living inland makes it hard to be here.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:21 PM

739 posts, read 1,848,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
LOL!!!! Good one, somewhat true though. A few members on here fit that bill.

As many said, I basically work out in this all day, so when I get home and on weekends, I stay inside after 10AM till 8PM. Wait for November, then I am outside a lot. Until then it's AC, cold beer, DVD's, and sunblock!!! The heat of 90 degrees is ok, it's the humidity that kills ya... Otherwise no matter what I have said before negative or positive, Florida is the best place to be NOV-MARCH/APRIL, and my homestate of MA from May-October, but I heard this past summer was cold and blah.
The ideal would be two houses; one in Florida and one in the northeast near water. Sigh. That takes more money than we have. If I had it though... A house on the North Fork of Long Island and a house on the Gulf Coast of Florida. Someone pinch me and wake me up, please.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:32 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,276,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNooYawk View Post
Hahaha, I loved this.

So, no matter where you live be it Maine, Oregon or Florida, there will always be a season where it is just not too pleasant outside. I have to choose between staying in the house from December to April here in Oregon, or May to November in Florida. Waaa.
Not true.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:50 PM

1,683 posts, read 8,210,879 times
We do whatever we want. I, personally, love the beaches Fall-Spring and the springs in the hot summer. There's nothing like tubing down Blue Springs on a hot summer day. My pool never gets really hot because it only gets about 2 hours of direct sunlight a day. The downside to that is I have to heat it up until mid June. We love to bike year round - you just have to do it earlier or later during the hot months. We love to garden year round. We eat on the pool deck year round. We can canoe, snorkel, swim, bike hike, etc. all year round. What's not to like?

Old 08-31-2009, 08:51 PM

807 posts, read 3,186,730 times
Summer is the biggest part of tourist season here. The 4th of July reaches 99% occupancy. People are everywhere...beach, pool, shopping, outdoor restaurants...everywhere, no matter the heat!

So to answer the OP...I'm working my a$$ off!! (and lovin' it)

Old 09-01-2009, 04:42 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,017,299 times
lol annerk
A siesta can be mighty nice, no matter what the season.

In our neck of the woods, 2009 has been a fairly mild summer. (So far! )
I pretty much echo what everyone else has said.
You do what you want.
If your timing has to be tinkered with, so be it.
But this year (and 2008) did not seem as steamy as 2007.

We've gone to the beach a lot, and it's always nice out on a boat, too.
I only have a community pool to go to, but I've been there all summer long.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:37 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,060,311 times
It's summer all year long in South Florida, except for maybe 2 or 3 weeks when we get a cold front, so no change in habits.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:18 AM

831 posts, read 2,437,330 times
Short simple answer to the op question... COMPLAIN :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida