Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 09:33 PM

1,468 posts, read 4,750,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellobiafra View Post
They should do the same thing with health insurance for smokers, drinkers, and those with rear ends the size of VW's. Right? Maybe another tier for the ones that never work out compared to those who exercise regularly? Maybe for fast food eaters and non fast food eaters?? Why stop at seat belts?
They do, they can't usually get insurance at all. A woman over 172 will pay a huge rate if they can get covered. Unless it is a group policy they will never get insurance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 05:50 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,537,395 times
It's simple...the OP just doesn't want to be told what to do.

Even if it's for his own good, he's rather raise a fuss and stomp his feet.

Now to the motorcycle helmet law...look into the history of that. The people it affected most banned together and got the law changed.

When will people understand that when you call the big bad government bad you call yourself bad.

Don't like the law?? Do what you need to do to try to change it.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:15 AM

564 posts, read 1,880,078 times
I had a friend killed in a car accident, he likely would have lived if he had been wearing a seat belt. I almost always (99.999%) wear mine.

I resent like hell the government mandating that I do. It's none of their business. If they were so important then why don't school buses have them?
It's about control, not safety.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:37 AM

267 posts, read 806,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoventryDude View Post
I had a friend killed in a car accident, he likely would have lived if he had been wearing a seat belt. I almost always (99.999%) wear mine.

I resent like hell the government mandating that I do. It's none of their business. If they were so important then why don't school buses have them?
It's about control, not safety.
Well said. I'm wearing mine now, because it's being forced on me. The point of the whole post was to show the absurd nature of the law, which the blind automatons don't seem to realize.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:53 AM

3 posts, read 4,796 times
I agree, you do have a point. Just comb your hair over it and it won't show.

Red

Old 09-04-2009, 08:05 AM

1,468 posts, read 4,750,311 times
Quote:
Well said. I'm wearing mine now, because it's being forced on me. The point of the whole post was to show the absurd nature of the law, which the blind automatons don't seem to realize.
No one is forcing you to do anything, you don't have to drive. It is not a right. You have to be licensed and demonstrate you can drive as well as meet a small list of other requirements. Don't want to drive don't drive, what is the big deal? If driving is important to you you will go by the rules, or you may just ignore the rules and take your chances.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:16 AM

2,517 posts, read 11,052,247 times
Quote:
So...due to 3 warnings in 4 weeks after the change in enforcement, I'm wearing my damn seat belt.

But I'm angry! To me, Florida stating that this is a safety issue is freaking absurd. In a state where I can drive a motorcycle without a helmet, yet I have to wear a seat belt while I'm surrounded by a ton of steel...c'mon! Is it not obvious to everyone that it's nothing more than a new revenue stream for local and state governments?

Bah
Jello, do you want to see what happens to the human body after being ejected through a side window or front windshield and landing 60 feet away ?? Private message me and I will show you what not wearing a seatbelt does. SEATBELTS Save lives....you may not know that because you have never encountered a situation to see it 1st hand. But please believe me....it saves many many lives.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Blah, blah, blah. Look, I'm glad it saved you. I'm glad it saves lots of people. I completely agree and understand the reason for making the decision to wear one. But it should be my decision to make. Hell, they let me make the decision to smoke, drink, eat Twinkies and loads of other serious affronts to my health. So why the seat belt then?

Cash grab

Because you are putting the LIVES of public saftey professionals at risk...that now have to respond to a bad car accident to pull your lazy battered body out of your car. Now they have to contend with traffic driving by, dangerous power tools, sharp metal and glass and bloodborne pathogens because you are bleeding like a stuck pig. That's why ! Ever think about that ?? I'm glad the law is in effect because now ignorant people like you HAVE to wear it.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:20 AM

1,377 posts, read 4,212,643 times
I saw this video of a guy ejected from his car on the freeway, went over the median to oncoming traffic and it was horrendous, some people just need a wake up call.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:36 AM

And here are some videos to help you realize the importance :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI9_BTm41MI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvt9JSdRr60
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida