Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which store do you prefer to shop at? Publix or Winn-Dixie?
Publix 90 86.54%
Winn-Dixie 14 13.46%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 09:00 AM

607 posts, read 3,557,541 times

Advertisements

Cil is right..................... again.

Whole foods, in order to carry everything for everyone, has some stuff that's not at all good for you. they do have great food if you read labels and ask questions. I just started shopping there and my grocery bill doubled "Whole Paycheck" I also don't like all of the silly spiritual stuff they sell. Insence and buhdda statues, that stuff make the store smell like a 1970s head shop.

I only eat 100% organic and they have it all. I got organic hot sauce there last Saturday.

Winn Dixie tries to act like they are cheap but many of the name brand products are more than at publix. Before a hurricane a couple of years ago I went into a local Winn Dixie to buy 20 gallons of bottled water and the had almost doubled the price per gallon. The cashiers are grouchy and so are most of the customers.

Old 05-01-2007, 09:07 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,723,411 times
You guys are such Publix snobs and you know it! You're like Wal-mart haters. Look, if you want value and good product selection go to Sam's or Costco. You get more meat for your money at one of those two than you do at Publix or WD or any of these other grocery stores. Last year when I had a membership to Costco I bought all of my meats from there as well as my vegetables and other items. This year I have a membership to Sam's and I do the same thing. You simply get better and larger cuts of meats at a much better price than you would at Publix, WD, Albertson's, Fry's, Safeway, Kroger, Food Lion and Harris Teeter, all of which I have shopped at during the past year. You shop at those places b/c that's the only thing you know. There's a brave new world out there that available to you. Shopping for groceries shouldn't turn into a snobbish endeavor. Save that for shopping at Gucci and Hermes.

Toodles

Old 05-01-2007, 09:11 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,723,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis s View Post
Cil is right..................... again.

The cashiers are grouchy and so are most of the customers.
Dude, what's up with the stereotyping? A couple of other people in this thread have stereotyped Food Lion and WD customers. I thought this was about grocery shopping. When is someone going to sterotype the Walmart customer?

Old 05-01-2007, 09:23 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,015,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Look, if you want value and good product selection go to Sam's or Costco. You get more meat for your money at one of those two than you do at Publix or WD or any of these other grocery stores. Last year when I had a membership to Costco I bought all of my meats from there as well as my vegetables and other items.
I had a membership to Costco (can't stand Sam's; the only thing I found them good for was electronics) when I lived in Denver.
I went to Costco about once a month. I loved Costco, especially for fruit, but I can't deal with buying too much bulk all at the same time. All that meat for my money can be too much sometimes. However, I am looking forward to shopping Costco again when we move to the Jax area.
Quote:
Shopping for groceries shouldn't turn into a snobbish endeavor
I certainly agree--nor need it be reverse snobbery.

lol Dennis--I'm not right about everything--still learning north Florida, that's for sure.

Old 05-01-2007, 09:28 AM

207 posts, read 687,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
Whole Foods bought Wild Oats a few months ago, so my Wild Oats will become a Whole Foods too. Have you tried Fresh Market? I haven't been to ours yet, just curious about any differences?
GOOD NEWS! Whole Foods bought Fresh Market too!

Old 05-01-2007, 09:33 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,015,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMuir View Post
Got a link?
I can't find anything.
And why is this good news?

Old 05-01-2007, 09:54 AM

607 posts, read 3,557,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Dude, what's up with the stereotyping? A couple of other people in this thread have stereotyped Food Lion and WD customers. I thought this was about grocery shopping. When is someone going to sterotype the Walmart customer?
Waaaaaaaaaaht are you talking about? It's about making every single life experience a positive one. my experiences at Winn Dixie have ALL been bad. I don't like the store.

I meant (and I shouldn't have to spell it out ) that the people shopping in Winn Dixie are grouchy because the stores are dirty and they over charge for off brands with bad quality food.

And speaking of steriotypes, you just called some of us WalMart haters Who said that? I love Wal Mart. They have everything. I go there all the time. mostly at 2:00 in the morning when nobody can see me. But I go there

Last edited by dennis s; 05-01-2007 at 10:03 AM..

Old 05-01-2007, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
Got a link?
I can't find anything.
And why is this good news?
Sorry, I don't have a link....I drive 45 miles to get to the only Whole Foods near me...it's in Winter Park. This past weekend the cashier told me the news about them buying up Wild Oats AND Fresh Market.

I think it's good news because Whole Foods has more
organics than Fresh Market and also it will make more Whole Food stores in more locations.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:30 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,454,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMuir View Post
Really, wow, we have a Fresh Market here, but I haven't gone yet. But I do go to our Wild Oats. Is there any difference between Wild Oats and Whole Foods?

Old 05-01-2007, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
Really, wow, we have a Fresh Market here, but I haven't gone yet. But I do go to our Wild Oats. Is there any difference between Wild Oats and Whole Foods?
Whole Foods has a lot more choices and more organic foods. At least that's been my observation between the two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida