U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-08-2009, 06:43 PM
 
193 posts, read 334,138 times
Reputation: 79

Advertisements

Woo hoo I managed to get booster parking passes! Now I need to figure out the best way to the stadium. My dad and I will be staying with family in Perry so we will be comming that direction to Tallahassee. On gameday, which is the best way to come to the stadium? Is it easier to take 10 all the way to Capital Circle West (hwy 263 I think it is) on the west side of town and take that down to Tennessee Street and cut over to the stadium? I was thinking we could cut out alot of Tallahassee traffic that way.

For the locals, which way is the best?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-08-2009, 09:19 PM
 
2,143 posts, read 5,237,798 times
Reputation: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by aktanner View Post
Now I need to figure out the best way to the stadium.
Practice, practice, practice.

Sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2009, 01:58 AM
 
Location: roaming gnome
12,395 posts, read 14,641,106 times
Reputation: 5319
i-10 to monroe exit, then take high road to stadium drive. might wanna google map it, tricky, but much faster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2009, 07:34 AM
 
Location: Atlanta, GA
393 posts, read 493,135 times
Reputation: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by aktanner View Post
Woo hoo I managed to get booster parking passes! Now I need to figure out the best way to the stadium. My dad and I will be staying with family in Perry so we will be comming that direction to Tallahassee. On gameday, which is the best way to come to the stadium? Is it easier to take 10 all the way to Capital Circle West (hwy 263 I think it is) on the west side of town and take that down to Tennessee Street and cut over to the stadium? I was thinking we could cut out alot of Tallahassee traffic that way.

For the locals, which way is the best?
If you are coming from Perry, take US 27 all the way into Tallahassee (which will turn into Apalachee pkwy) and end at the capital (Monroe St). From there you have a choice to make. You can either turn left and then make a right at the 2nd light (Gaines St) and that will take you straight to DC or you can make a right off Apalachee and either make a left at the first light (Jefferson which will turn into Pensacola) or go down 5 lights and make a left on Tennessee St.

Now, if you live closer to 10 then it would make sense to take 10 all the way in. However if you live closer to 27, you should take that instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2009, 11:31 AM
JAS
 
Location: Metro Atlanta
494 posts, read 1,195,704 times
Reputation: 371
Default directions

I agree about Hwy 27 -- that will take you to the capitol building, and you can go to the right or left from there.

If you're coming in on I-10 from the east and you're not familiar with TLH, I would get off at the Hwy 90/Mahan Drive exit east of town (whatever the road is called out there), and that will take you straight over towards the campus area (the road changes names from Mahan Drive to Tennessee Street, which is the primary east-west road through town). It all depends on where your parking is located as far as navigating around campus once you're there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2009, 12:26 PM
 
7,902 posts, read 5,441,696 times
Reputation: 3128
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
i-10 to monroe exit, then take high road to stadium drive. might wanna google map it, tricky, but much faster.
LOL grapico


They'll get lost for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2009, 07:26 PM
 
Location: FL to GA back to FL
879 posts, read 2,914,705 times
Reputation: 390
Just follow the car flags and traffic. After driving in Tally this past weekend, a xanax or two wouldn't hurt either!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2009, 02:07 PM
 
7,902 posts, read 5,441,696 times
Reputation: 3128
Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2move View Post
Just follow the car flags and traffic. After driving in Tally this past weekend, a xanax or two wouldn't hurt either!
Save some Xanax for the natives that have to try to stay alive with all those out of towners driving around.

Tallahassee is not the easiest place to navigate. On game days, if I'm not going to the game itself, I stay well north of I-10 and as far away from the mayhem as possible. Tallahassee's roads can be very unforgiving - visitors may notice quite a few roadside memorials...a rather depressing local tradition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2009, 07:55 PM
 
Location: FL to GA back to FL
879 posts, read 2,914,705 times
Reputation: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Save some Xanax for the natives that have to try to stay alive with all those out of towners driving around.
Actually, it was the college kids driving that scared the cr*p out of me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2009, 08:55 AM
 
7,902 posts, read 5,441,696 times
Reputation: 3128
Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2move View Post
Actually, it was the college kids driving that scared the cr*p out of me

That too! Things get noticeably more dangerous in the fall when they all come back.

Even worse is spring when the legislators come to town as well. I stay off Thomasville Road as much as possible during this time. Most of the natives know the shortcuts around the jams anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top