Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you ENJOY the FL 9-month summer?
Yes, I love the massive heat! 129 56.09%
No, I hate the massive heat! 101 43.91%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 02:11 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,661,046 times

Advertisements

100% NO. I think everyone on here knows how I feel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2010, 09:50 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,896,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magijasakymaro View Post
Everyone told me I wouldn't be able to handle the Florida heat, having lived up north my entire life. I hated the cold up there. In the fall, winter, and spring, I would be cold to the bone. To the point where I would feel like I would never be able to get warm. And still, they told me how awful it would be here.

Well, here I am, and so far so good. 91* with a good amount of humidity today, and I love it.

So, if you feel the exact opposite, and long for the cold, go for it! I don't think you'll regret it. Everyone's different. If you prefer cold, give it a shot. No one else knows you better than you know yourself.
The heat is new to you,it's like a novelty,you're coming from somewhere cold and I can understand too much cold is also not a good thing,but trust me if you've been here all your life or even a couple of years there's a good chance you'll grow to hate it.I've been trying to find someone who can invent something that will "Zonk" me out from May 15th through October 1st so I don't have to deal with the weather those months.Either that or I'll have to become a "Bizarro World" Snowbird and fly the coop to somewhere up north for the summer.Eventually I know I'm going to need to move north at least to North Florida for a little cooler weather but mostly due to the fact that I dislike South Florida a little more each day.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:59 PM

292 posts, read 543,929 times
I ♥ the cold!!!

Old 06-06-2010, 05:01 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom1001 View Post
The heat is new to you,it's like a novelty,you're coming from somewhere cold and I can understand too much cold is also not a good thing,but trust me if you've been here all your life or even a couple of years there's a good chance you'll grow to hate it.I've been trying to find someone who can invent something that will "Zonk" me out from May 15th through October 1st so I don't have to deal with the weather those months.Either that or I'll have to become a "Bizarro World" Snowbird and fly the coop to somewhere up north for the summer.Eventually I know I'm going to need to move north at least to North Florida for a little cooler weather but mostly due to the fact that I dislike South Florida a little more each day.
I know exactly what you mean. When I moved here in 1994 and I was 24, it was so cool that I left MA and it was 17 degrees, and when I got to FL it was 71 degrees that day... It was awesome. Well, then summer hit, I said "What the....?" It was hot(orlando), but I dealt with it, it didn't bother me as much, now 16 summers later, I don't feel the same. Besides it affecting me health wise, I really do dispise the heat, more every year, it down right sucks... But yes I was once a bragger to my friends and family up north how much I loved it here. Not anymore. Only from Nov-March.

Old 06-06-2010, 05:46 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
The heat is new to you,it's like a novelty,you're coming from somewhere cold and I can understand too much cold is also not a good thing,but trust me if you've been here all your life or even a couple of years there's a good chance you'll grow to hate it.
I've been here 20+ years and I don't hate it. Most people I know don't hate it.

Old 06-06-2010, 06:04 AM

2,360 posts, read 5,247,070 times
Only a few more months to go.

Last edited by Ken E; 06-06-2010 at 06:14 AM..

Old 06-06-2010, 06:20 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,607,056 times
Quote:
Well, I guess time will tell. I imagine I'm like my grandmother, though, who moved back down here in her 40's and loved it year round, including and especially summer, the rest of her life.

I'm just trying to encourage you to be where you are happiest.

Old 06-06-2010, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
I've been here 20+ years and I don't hate it. Most people I know don't hate it.

My family members who have lived here there entire lives don't hate it either.

Old 06-06-2010, 06:32 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
I hate it from mid May till mid Oct.

Old 06-06-2010, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
I hate it from mid May till mid Oct.
I know you do.

There's a house in Michigan that still needs a buyer. I'll give you a good deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida