Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 06:16 AM

1,777 posts, read 4,858,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin4 View Post
Sad...I know he didn't have a legal permit, but he should have been given the opportunity to get one. He took care of his snakes for 15+ years. Go after the idiots that are letting them loose. This man should abide by the laws, get his permits and then get back to living. As long as he is responsible, makes sure his animals are locked up, secured, and there have been no reports of endangerment, he should be able to get the permit. He believed he was "grandfathered" in when the law was passed for the permit on this species.

There are people where I live that have zebra, donkey, free range cows, (yeah they wonder loose into other yards), ostridge, emu, etc... None of these animals are native to this area. People still own them.
NO
go after the morons who KNOWINGLY illegally have these animals

That snake could EASILY kill a child, or your dog, and when it does, you'll come yelling for justice then...

what kind of moron thinks it's ok to own a 400lb 18' long snake? nevermind permit or not, that thing is an EATING MACHINE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2009, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin4 View Post
Article the sixth [Amendment IV]
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

No warrant, no seizure. Personal property (effects) includes pets as well as everything you own. As a pet owner, I own the pet. A warrant might have been used. I have no idea. I tried to find that info, but haven't been able to find it. If a warrant was acquired, then it was a legal seizure of his personal property. which by law he can take to court and have it returned if he wins. Too bad, they didn't give him the option. That is where his rights were stopped.
you don't need a warrant to perform a search or seizure.. reasonable cause is plenty, if your neighbor calls and says "my neighbor is growing pot in their backyard" and the police show up without a warrant, they CAN and WILL search

Old 10-05-2009, 06:32 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,034,929 times
Default When will Florida protect itself from stupidity?

I am all for civil rights and limited governmental intervention that might infringe upon those rights. When does an individual's rights, however, supersede those of his/her neighbors, the fragile ecosystem, and/or sound common sense?

I don't know if I would ever want to be a neighbor of the person owning a 400 pound python, an irresponsible owner of a pitbull, or the owner of "exotic" predators. Where does his/her rights of a freedom of choice protect me from his/her stupidity? What protections does anyone in Florida have with a very fragile ecosystem being devastated by the ignorance, stupidity, and/or lack of consideration of Florida's future?

Old 10-05-2009, 07:16 PM

5 posts, read 17,634 times
Hi everyone I have snakes and they are more loyal then any dog. Ask any professional snake handler and they will tell you the same. You a child anyone can be mauled and killed by a Pitbull shoud you have to have a permit for one those to. All depends on how you look at it. A pitbull, German Shepard alot of different breeds are killers have been and wil be.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynacopas View Post
Hi everyone I have snakes and they are more loyal then any dog. Ask any professional snake handler and they will tell you the same. You a child anyone can be mauled and killed by a Pitbull shoud you have to have a permit for one those to. All depends on how you look at it. A pitbull, German Shepard alot of different breeds are killers have been and wil be.
the point here is,

you are right
anyone can be killed by any animal at any time
the difference is:
dogs are much more intelligent than snakes, when a snake is hungry it eats, when my dog gets hungry, it gets fed dog food, not rabbits, or children

Old 11-10-2009, 01:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,493 times
so if some one dog get loose should they not be aloud that dog ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida