Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2013, 12:59 PM

213 posts, read 575,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty six & two View Post
My opinion: the only good thing about Florida is the sunny, warm weather. Nothing else.
Weather here is a wet, hot, sloppy, humid mess. I wouldn't move here if I were you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2014, 08:48 AM

3 posts, read 3,694 times
I am from Ohio, I've been in this horrible state 6 years and it's been the worst time of my life. The weather is miserable,the summers are like living in a sauna and the holidays are not the same. Yes, I miss cold weather,snow and autumn. Everything about this state is below average. The medical care is worse than anywhere I've ever been. The justice system is pathetic and the police are nothing but money grabbers, everything in this state is about more money-that's all they care about. What I would give to see another white Christmas and see the change of the seasons again. I just don't have enough money to get out yet. Of course there"s no work,I just want out. It's truly a nightmare living here and the weather is NOT beutiful. Anyone who feels the same as I do please contact me. I live in Punta Gorda in S.W. florida. Lois Perkins

Old 01-09-2014, 09:33 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
Wow... Sounds like the old me. I used to say all the same stuff I read here. Well you may miss that "snow, autumn, and cold" until you leave FL and come back up here, then put up with -19 temps we had with wind chills of -35 it gets old really fast. Then if you're like me and work in property management and HAVE to be outside doing snow removal for hours with wind and snow whipping you in the face, tell me how much you miss that? Sure summer up here is amazing, but that's 2-3 months at best. Fall is nice and spring is hit or miss. Heat and humidity is uncomfortable, but this cold is painful. Careful what you wish for. There is no perfect place. Never will be.

Old 01-09-2014, 10:22 AM

14,949 posts, read 12,143,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordydog2013 View Post
I am from Ohio, I've been in this horrible state 6 years and it's been the worst time of my life. The weather is miserable,the summers are like living in a sauna and the holidays are not the same. Yes, I miss cold weather,snow and autumn. Everything about this state is below average. The medical care is worse than anywhere I've ever been. The justice system is pathetic and the police are nothing but money grabbers, everything in this state is about more money-that's all they care about. What I would give to see another white Christmas and see the change of the seasons again. I just don't have enough money to get out yet. Of course there"s no work,I just want out. It's truly a nightmare living here and the weather is NOT beutiful. Anyone who feels the same as I do please contact me. I live in Punta Gorda in S.W. florida. Lois Perkins
Well, I hope you can cobble enough money together to leave this area and get back to the Utopia you envision wherever it is. And soon. The area's- the whole state, it seems, is getting too crowded with transplants from "up north" who do like it here to have to make room for those who don't . Folks who would disagree with just about every point on your "assessment" of services and weather in this state.

I hope you find what you're looking for. Attitude plays a major role in your perspective on almost everything in this life.....

Old 01-09-2014, 10:33 AM

14,949 posts, read 12,143,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuasarXTC View Post
OP, why don't you ask where all of the people in Boca Raton are originally from, maybe Florida has no connection with the rudeness. Here in my part of southwest Florida, everyone is from Ontario, Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Missouri, and Tennessee for the most part; that is why this area is very friendly, slower-paced and pale.
Most of the Boca Raton transplants are from NY and other northeastern states. Unfortunately many of them bring their attitudes and sense of entitlement with them......

I've been there many times. Last place in the world I'd want to live, just for those reasons. And I like Florida.

Old 01-09-2014, 11:15 AM

2,360 posts, read 5,247,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
Wow... Sounds like the old me. I used to say all the same stuff I read here. Well you may miss that "snow, autumn, and cold" until you leave FL and come back up here, then put up with -19 temps we had with wind chills of -35 it gets old really fast. Then if you're like me and work in property management and HAVE to be outside doing snow removal for hours with wind and snow whipping you in the face, tell me how much you miss that? Sure summer up here is amazing, but that's 2-3 months at best. Fall is nice and spring is hit or miss. Heat and humidity is uncomfortable, but this cold is painful. Careful what you wish for. There is no perfect place. Never will be.
You'll be back down there in no time.

Old 01-09-2014, 03:02 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Most of the Boca Raton transplants are from NY and other northeastern states. Unfortunately many of them bring their attitudes and sense of entitlement with them......

I've been there many times. Last place in the world I'd want to live, just for those reasons. And I like Florida.
We didn't bring our attitude with us, we really liked living in Boca and were very happy...Our friends are awesome, and yeah I guess since im a Nyker it felt like home to us...As a matter of fact we are now back home in NJ

Everywhere there is money is a sense of Entitlement and along with that comes good schools...We moved to Boca for the location and what it had offered our family, both my kids had gotten a fairly good education can't complain there...if we were to do it again, I wouldn't do anything differently...

Old 01-09-2014, 06:29 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
You'll be back down there in no time.
Probably not, all family is here, and I have a good job. Looking forward to spring and summer. really looking forward to it. Just had a new bike delivered today.

Old 01-10-2014, 10:59 PM

111 posts, read 148,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Well, I hope you can cobble enough money together to leave this area and get back to the Utopia you envision wherever it is. And soon. The area's- the whole state, it seems, is getting too crowded with transplants from "up north" who do like it here to have to make room for those who don't . Folks who would disagree with just about every point on your "assessment" of services and weather in this state.

I hope you find what you're looking for. Attitude plays a major role in your perspective on almost everything in this life.....
He is right though

Old 01-22-2014, 08:18 PM

499 posts, read 586,333 times
Huh...maybe I should look into Boca. As a native NYer, I'd much rather deal with the "attitudes" and "sense of entitlement" of NY transplants than the whiny, woe-is-me BS of FL haters. Seriously, all of you doom-and-gloomers need to get a grip. A positive attitude is a good start!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida