Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2009, 05:20 PM

561 posts, read 1,922,421 times

Advertisements

Article speaks for itself...

Polk undercover drug investigators play Wii during raid

...but here is the video too:

http://www2.tbo.com/video/2009/sep/2...ug-bust-54649/

Last edited by markhunt; 09-22-2009 at 05:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 05:33 PM

1,310 posts, read 3,050,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhunt View Post
This is representative of all of mankind when you think about it ; none of us are one hundred percent moral and ethical all of the time -- we all suffer from depravity. LEO's , Doctors, Chemists, Lawyers, Butchers, Bakers and Candlestick Makers ... all do wrong . Please do not think that ALL LEO's are as you depicted in the article ; they are not. Instead, remember that it is a mankind problem which even includes you and I. Thats why we need a Savior so one day we can stand before an infinitely holy and moral Creator , because our depravity (in his eyes) was taken away by the Saviour . Regards.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:42 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,738,096 times
Police are people like everyone else. Too bad they get special protection when they abuse the rest of us. If I had my way this would not happen as drug prohibition would be history. That would allow the police to have a little more time for fun. Then they could take breaks to play Wii in the police station. Better then engaging in domestic violence or becoming inebriated, right?

Old 09-24-2009, 05:42 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,529,778 times
I can't believe all the publicity this has gotten.

I can think of worse things they could have done.

Must have been a slow news day.

Not a big deal in my book.

Old 09-24-2009, 06:33 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,100,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
I can't believe all the publicity this has gotten.

I can think of worse things they could have done.

Must have been a slow news day.

Not a big deal in my book.
Ditto - especially since the Polk LEO are some of the best I've seen otherwise. Here in Sarasota and Manatee they are arrogant and inept.

Old 09-24-2009, 06:38 AM

519 posts, read 1,376,944 times
I seen this on the news in Ohio, I agree with eveyone else, their are worse things they could be doing.
Not exactly big news but we all around the us got hear about it.

Old 09-24-2009, 06:50 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,550,180 times
Even cops get to take a break. These didn't beat anyone up with billy clubs. Didn't take payola like some in the big cities. What's the crisis other than news ratings?

Old 09-24-2009, 07:17 AM

1,194 posts, read 4,125,499 times
THe article is silly to me. Police need breaks as all people who work in law enforcement need. If it were not for the Police would anyone else risk their lives for the regular guy? No... So then let's support them and their families or at least the Police that are known to be ethical, honest and forthright....

If Police become criminals they get prosecuted to the fullest and we just gotta be aware of the bad ones. Not many I know of in the State of FLorida. Matter of fact I know of not a single one.....

God Bless our Veterans and Troops

Old 09-24-2009, 08:07 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,982,518 times
you can say this article is silly or say well its no big deal. what troubles me is that the supervisors didnt say, ok, its a fun toy, knock it off and get to work. that leads me to wonder what other kinds of sliding the supervisors would turn their heads to, and questions as to their decison making abilities in other situations. and how diligent were the officers that were distracted by the game. could they have missed something because they were not concentrating on their work, seems possible doesnt it? thats how cases are sometimes lost.

the cops do get to take breaks, they can have a coffee and a chat, but thats probably not as fun as checking out a new toy. they were there to look for stolen stuff and inventory items not play games, period. the worker bees usually dont care for slackers either, as they just have to do more than their share. nothing wrong with clearing the deadwood when its found.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:42 AM

561 posts, read 1,922,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
you can say this article is silly or say well its no big deal. what troubles me is that the supervisors didn't say, ok, its a fun toy, knock it off and get to work. that leads me to wonder what other kinds of sliding the supervisors would turn their heads to, and questions as to their decison making abilities in other situations. and how diligent were the officers that were distracted by the game. could they have missed something because they were not concentrating on their work, seems possible doesnt it? thats how cases are sometimes lost.

the cops do get to take breaks, they can have a coffee and a chat, but thats probably not as fun as checking out a new toy. they were there to look for stolen stuff and inventory items not play games, period. the worker bees usually dont care for slackers either, as they just have to do more than their share. nothing wrong with clearing the deadwood when its found.
True. Many of the same questions ran through my head too.

I have higher expectations for law enforcement. I won't justify or downplay a person(s), wrong doing because someone else can\has\or is doing something "worse". But that's just me and my mentality I guess.

Clock is ticking anyway...

Last edited by markhunt; 09-24-2009 at 08:54 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: