Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2009, 07:52 PM

20 posts, read 56,390 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I am about to move from Key West to the northern part of FL., for about 5-6 months. I have considered the Eastern coastal areas, but may be able to live with less expense by moving inland. I would like to find a clean 2 bedroom/1.5 bath Apt. that is not conjoined with any complex. And would like it to include modern amenities in the kitchen, possibly furnished; the property must be pet-friendly, with a small yard. These are minimum requirements. So I am looking in the range of $650-$850 monthly, before cost of utilities. If anyone out there can provide direction, I am interested in the Gainesville and Ocala areas. Do you know what is out there, at least in general? Or where specifically I should look, such as a local website? Cost of living, etc... I will probably be moving by mid-November and cannot make a trip northward before deciding upon a residence; so I must find someone who will supply photos over their website. I was going to move to Pennsylvania, and still may be in the spring, but this is the wrong time of year for me to be leaving FL. However, my current residence in KW is up for sale, and I feel that it is time for me to head farther north. Any help would be appreciated. Also, a little knowledge of the area - culture, etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 08:15 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
As far as Ocala, i would think Ocala4sale.com or Ocala.com would be your best bets, good luck!

Old 12-01-2009, 07:11 PM

11 posts, read 27,137 times
you are more likely to find something in ocala given your requested amenities and price range. gainesville is pricey (college towns usually are.) an option may be commuting to gainesville from places like high springs, newberry, alachua and melrose. go to gainesville.com and they have links for the classifieds there. also check craigslist, which always gives a general idea of what to expect.
good luck

Old 02-13-2010, 06:06 PM

4 posts, read 10,313 times
Avoid Gainesville at all costs. It is a horrible city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida