U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 06:33 PM

3,567 posts, read 3,984,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
I live on a cul-de-sac, and a black family, mom and one adult child, moved in about a year ago. Unfortunately, they moved next door to a bigoted bully. This man, who lives alone(his wife, a bigger bully, just passed away), owns two very large Rottwieller(sp?) dogs, which he is using to scare and intimidate his neighboors, especially the black guy, Tony. Everytime Tony walks down the street, Joe(the bully) makes sure he is outside w/ the dogs off the leash. He tells the dogs "watch him, keep your eyes on him", ect. The dogs are vicious and growl, bark, and show teeth as their owner encourages this aggressive behavior. Tony tried to polietly address the situation by asking if Joe could keep the dogs on a leash or at least wait till Tony has the opportunity to walk into his house or walk past Joe's house. Joe told him no, and furthermore, if Tony sees Joe's garage door open, he is to wait until Joe is done outside w/ the dogs. Last night, as Tony was trying to get to his house, Joe and dogs came rushing out, and Tony barely made it inside before the dogs rushed him. These dogs weigh over 150 lbs a piece. Tony is obviously very upset and terrified for his personal safety. BUT, Tony does not want to confront Joe, he just wants to keep the peace. He says racism is everywhere and nothing unusual. I think he should call the police AND tell Joe to end this horrible behavior. I am totally disgusted and feel Joe will continue to abuse, threaten, and bully ppl because no one opposes him, hence he gets away with it. What do you all think? What can I do to help Tony, who reached out to me for advice? I am so angry right now! Btw, sorry for the long paragraph, my PDA takes out the paragraph spaces. Thanks in advance, ....lil red........
And what makes you think he's a racist? Just because he's white and the other guy is not? I didn't read the entire thread, though.

If Tony dosen't want to do anything, then I don't see why you should. If something was really bothering me, I would do something about it.
Would be reason enough for me to move. And harming anybody its not gonna help. You're the fool then who ends up in jail.

Last edited by XodoX; 10-10-2009 at 06:42 PM..

Old 10-10-2009, 06:43 PM

1,276 posts, read 2,988,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
if he's intimidating everyone with the dogs, then you should maybe be cautious with the word "racist"
it could be that this guy joe just hates everyone, and the colour of tony's skin is incidental.

i'd imagine you would need to have seen or heard direct racist behaviour to back up that allegation.

either way, there's no question that he's using his dogs to threaten people, and there must be some sort of law against that, i'm sure if animal control, or the police felt they were dangerous, they could have them taken away.
He has threatned others, for sure, but never to this extent. Although I didn't want to mention this, the reason I know it's racist is because this is the only person he has singled out, all the rest had to do with the other's dogs, and finally because he said "n+&@ers don't belong in this neighboorhood, I can't stand to see them". That's why I'm not suprised that he's singled out Tony.

Old 10-10-2009, 06:46 PM

34,921 posts, read 31,961,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
Sounds like tony needs to man up. Im black and i dont tolerate nonsense like that. I would tell joe to go suck something and than would pay his goofy butt no mind. If his dog came on my property I would have let his dog bite me and depending on how much I lost my temper I would

A) go inside, get my double barrel shot gun and show Joe what a rott looks like after it explodes from a buck shot and than suggest joe remove himself from my property , I would than go in and call the police and inform them that a neighbor tried to attack me with his dog on my property and I had to defend my home and family. Sue

B)Call the police, ask for an ambulance, tell them my neighbor attacked me with his dog, press charges. Sue
Ditto, 4 buck at close range and what is left will be about the size of a poodle. If I was this Tony guy I'd buy a rifle and case and make sure this slob neighbor saw me toting it to and from my car on the way to the range.

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 10-10-2009 at 06:55 PM..

Old 10-10-2009, 06:53 PM

34,921 posts, read 31,961,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Call the police and animal control.

I wouldn't put up with a vicious animal owned by some moron neighbor for a second. A dog like that can rip you to shreds.

Old 10-10-2009, 06:55 PM

40,210 posts, read 39,746,561 times
Dogs can kill. Does anybody remember this story.

San Francisco Dog Mauling

Old 10-10-2009, 07:02 PM

691 posts, read 2,070,255 times
Owners like this make rottie's look bad. Rottweilers are nice family dogs, but they can be intimidating if not properly trained. The neighbor needs to make a complaint to the animal control regarding this issue, and take direction from them in regards to the next step. He should also report and document the behavior to the police. Then, if he does choose to defend himself at some point, he will have documentation of the problem, and his efforts to restore order in the area.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:22 PM

25,953 posts, read 26,676,581 times
A neighborhood petition regarding this matter wouldn't be a bad thing either.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:35 PM

8,224 posts, read 14,863,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Ditto, 4 buck at close range and what is left will be about the size of a poodle. If I was this Tony guy I'd buy a rifle and case and make sure this slob neighbor saw me toting it to and from my car on the way to the range.
So you just want to see Tony charged with murder

Old 10-11-2009, 01:54 AM

2,827 posts, read 3,750,794 times
Forget hurting the dogs, why not blast Mr Neighbor into the next century?

Old 10-11-2009, 02:28 AM

427 posts, read 1,125,172 times
Tony needs to call the cops. End of story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida