U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 02:13 AM

485 posts, read 1,526,625 times

Advertisements

It is 42 degrees right now in Gainesville and although I'm glad it is no longer 100, I cannot WAIT for it to be in the 80s again later this week!! I now know that I could never, ever live up north again!! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 09:03 AM

1,730 posts, read 4,104,414 times
I cannot stand this colder weather even though I swore to myself I would try and not gripe about it this year. All I know is that when I ran out my front door in my pj's to get the paper yesterday morning, I ran faster than I had since my school days lol. In fact, I convinced myself that I might as well go back to bed since it was Sunday and I had no plans. No such luck this morning. I am at work, in a massive turtle neck sweater with the heater on and still freezing. I am such a wimp.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:50 AM

261 posts, read 620,706 times
The weather has been really invigorating, but I can feel the cold front moving on today and am looking forward to it.

Last week my wife kept saying she loved the tropical climate, but wished we could have some cool, dry nights like Denver in the summertime. Then we get a cold front that feels like Denver weather and she says she's too cold.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:08 AM

3,633 posts, read 8,511,334 times
Sorry, but this cool front makes me pretty happy since I am a lucky person who gets to be out in it during the day at work. I am pretty sick of that hot, humid, crap we have been blessed with for the last 6-7 months. this is great!!! Sorry whimpy people.......

Old 10-19-2009, 12:55 PM

5,642 posts, read 7,938,844 times
Default Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
Sorry, but this cool front makes me pretty happy since I am a lucky person who gets to be out in it during the day at work. I am pretty sick of that hot, humid, crap we have been blessed with for the last 6-7 months. this is great!!! Sorry whimpy people.......
I have to be outside with the kids for PE and recess (Noon in basketball court with no shade), although they had indoor for both last week because of the record heat. Just the "usual" highs 80s makes me want to faint.

I had off today and spent all day, and yesterday, outside thorough enjoying the nice cool Fall like air. The AC is off, windows and doors open, and a very nice cool breeze coming in. Fresh cool air is so much better than the artifical version.

I sat outside yesterday and this morning (7 AM) in my pj's (short sleeves and capris). I think it was 58 this morning when I got up. I know Tampa, and places farther up north were colder, but this was not cold for me. I am finding that the longer I am in Florida, the better I am able to tolerate COLD. It's the heat that bothers me more and more each year. That may be the opposite of what the majority of Florida residents say, but I suppose I am different. I didn't come here anywhere to escape the cold in the north.

Sorry, it is so short lived. Back to the 80s again later in week. Wonderful.

Old 10-20-2009, 12:46 PM

1,276 posts, read 2,988,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
I have to be outside with the kids for PE and recess (Noon in basketball court with no shade), although they had indoor for both last week because of the record heat. Just the "usual" highs 80s makes me want to faint.

I had off today and spent all day, and yesterday, outside thorough enjoying the nice cool Fall like air. The AC is off, windows and doors open, and a very nice cool breeze coming in. Fresh cool air is so much better than the artifical version.

I sat outside yesterday and this morning (7 AM) in my pj's (short sleeves and capris). I think it was 58 this morning when I got up. I know Tampa, and places farther up north were colder, but this was not cold for me. I am finding that the longer I am in Florida, the better I am able to tolerate COLD. It's the heat that bothers me more and more each year. That may be the opposite of what the majority of Florida residents say, but I suppose I am different. I didn't come here anywhere to escape the cold in the north.

Sorry, it is so short lived. Back to the 80s again later in week. Wonderful.
You and I are so much on the same page, everything you feel about the weather down here I second. The last two days were AMAZING, you couldn't keep me inside, now unfortunately I've got the A/C back on = (. I just love that crisp weather and sincerely hope we get a colder winter this year. I just wish that when the temps drop and we get a cold snap, that the temps would stay low, not necessarily 50s, but mid-60s would be great. I just HATE how it's back to 80s again.

Old 10-20-2009, 01:27 PM

6,853 posts, read 19,755,360 times
I will third TANAples, I feel the same way. It was beautiful for two days, but back to the A/C and indoor living... I joke because its so hot here most of the year, I am an indoorsman living in Florida.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:30 PM

1,276 posts, read 2,988,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
I will third TANAples, I feel the same way. It was beautiful for two days, but back to the A/C and indoor living... I joke because its so hot here most of the year, I am an indoorsman living in Florida.
Yup, I don't think ppl up North realize just how much time we spend stuck inside. You always hear ppl up North complaining about how they can't leave the house during the winter, but it's just like that for us too except we are stuck inside during the 8 month Summer. I just hope we don't have to wait long before the next cold front, I loves me some 50-60 temps!

Old 10-20-2009, 04:10 PM

3,633 posts, read 8,511,334 times
Yeah, I am with you guys. here we go with the humid CRAP by the end of the week. We always get a few days of great weather followed by the revenge of 90 degree nasty Florida heat. I wish it would snap for good... Sick of the miserable heat. The last few days have been unbelievably wicked awesome!!!!

Old 10-20-2009, 04:31 PM

336 posts, read 834,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
Yeah, I am with you guys. here we go with the humid CRAP by the end of the week. We always get a few days of great weather followed by the revenge of 90 degree nasty Florida heat. I wish it would snap for good... Sick of the miserable heat. The last few days have been unbelievably wicked awesome!!!!
Yep, aaaaaand back with the A/C...I'm going to D.C. this weekend and I bet it will feel positively arctic!

Looking forward to when this humidity is gone for at least a few months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida