Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do u approve Florida ?
YES 59 60.82%
NO 38 39.18%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 12:24 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,639,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
What is your definition of a Floridian???
A native of Florida or someone who currently resides there.

Same as most dictionarys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 12:52 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,487,476 times
To enhance the thread,let's have your opinions on whether u would leave FL for elsewhere,if u had a better job offer...

By better I mean a NET income 30%+ higher than your NET income in FL...

So,would u betray FL for..."a fistfull of dollars "...?

Old 10-27-2009, 01:30 PM

1,377 posts, read 4,212,021 times
I would leave FL for less $$ at this point, which would probably be hard to accomplish seeing as most jobs here pay is so low, with little benefits or perks, not to mention the bland and boring cookie cutter homes here.

Old 10-27-2009, 02:35 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,508,014 times
How does one betray a non living entity?

Old 10-27-2009, 03:31 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,658,081 times
Default Drive around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
A native of Florida or someone who currently resides there.

Same as most dictionarys.
Open your eyes. See how many people put their out of state plates on the front of their cars. Look at their bumper stickers. Look at their Specialty Plates with their native states in them. See how many of these people with MyFlordia.com plates are promoting where they are from. Think these people consider themselves "Floridians"? This is a transplant and TRANSIENT state. Floridian one day, Hosier, Californian, etc., etc, the next.

Old 10-27-2009, 03:49 PM

335 posts, read 939,085 times
I voted no (no big surprise) but like Chris I see good points and bad points to living in Florida. It isn't like I think it is all bad (for me). I do not regret coming here but it is time to leave. For me, leaving for a job period is more than I am getting now!

Old 10-27-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
Drive around. Open your eyes. See how many people put their out of state plates on the front of their cars. Look at their bumper stickers. Look at their Specialty Plates with their native states in them. See how many of these people with MyFlordia.com plates are promoting where they are from. Think these people consider themselves "Floridians"? This is a transplant and TRANSIENT state. Floridian one day, Hosier, Californian, etc., etc, the next.
So according to your post you do not consider yourself a Floridian.

Being the thread title said "for Floridians only" you should not have voted in the poll, but you did.

Also if you have a problem with the definition of Floridian I suggest you take it up with Merriam-Webster.

Next time try to stay on topic.

Old 10-27-2009, 04:04 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,658,081 times
Default I live here, for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
So according to your post you do not consider yourself a Floridian.

Being the thread title said "for Floridians only" you should not have voted in the poll, but you did.

Also if you have a problem with the definition of Floridian I suggest you take it up with Merriam-Webster.

Next time try to stay on topic.
I consider myself one of the transients. Only here temporarily, until I can move. But then, that is how I felt even before I even foot here. It was always my intention to move. A TEMPORARY resident, which for purposes of this poll, is still applicable.

Old 10-27-2009, 04:10 PM

Thread Title: Poll on approval of Florida ,for Floridians only...

Quote:
Open your eyes. See how many people put their out of state plates on the front of their cars. Look at their bumper stickers. Look at their Specialty Plates with their native states in them. See how many of these people with MyFlordia.com plates are promoting where they are from. Think these people consider themselves "Floridians"? This is a transplant and TRANSIENT state. Floridian one day, Hosier, Californian, etc., etc, the next.
Quote:
I live here, for now. I consider myself one of the transients. Only here temporarily, until I can move. But then, that is how I felt even before I even foot here. It was always my intention to move. A TEMPORARY resident, which for purposes of this poll, is still applicable.
So, do you consider yourself a Floridian or not?

Old 10-27-2009, 05:24 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,487,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
How does one betray a non living entity?

The entity...is a live one...

Affection for a state is like affection for a car...

Many of us felt that we betrayed a car of ours...when we (ex)changed it...

However the money factor is a catalyst...
Personally,I would not leave FL for less than 50% higher income offer elsewhere......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida