U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 08:14 PM

2,403 posts, read 3,352,607 times
[quote=JeepGirl118;12001643]Jimminy!

Glad YOU'RE not a cop.

Do you do "Citizen's Arrests???"[/Just the type of response I thought I would get ! First let me explain my question, If the Officer believed in the oath that all public officials ( including Cop's) take when hired , then he would know that in writing you a ticket for expired tags or license he was violating your right to freedom of travel a God given and Constitutional right that can not be taken away or regulated. See RIGHT to DRIVE ,Justice Tolman ,State of Washington, For over 9 yrs now I have traveled this beautiful country with my Dually pick up towing a 40ft 5wheel trailer, to which there is no registration plate ( meaning that have chosen not to contract with any corporation named DMV).Before some one asks, I do carry Insurance so that should someone damage my vehicles or should - god forbid- I damage someone else's property It would be taken care of in a professional manner without having to wait for 10 days to get an official report from the cop's ( you know the ones i don't have any contracts with .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfx View Post
Ive got an issue. I live in NY, however I have been working all over the east coast, been here in atlanta for a month. I have just been pulled over for over a year expired tags, Florida pasco county tags, (I bought the car in fl two years ago). SO now my car is impounded, and I am needing to get it back as SOON as possible obviously, have about 1800 dollars, and I need to find out what to do and how to approach getting any kind of tag, temp or not, to get it out and drive to NY for christmas. n ANyone got advice?

EDIT: Today I have talked to a woman at the Police office, she has told me I would need to first, pay taxes for the expired tags to Florida, then fax them a receipt or show them a receipt to get my release form to bring to the Impound and have it released. .. Does this make sense? And how much am I looking at forking over and to whom, which state, for this ?
Fact ,you have no contract with the impound yard so send them a bill for the value of the vehicle , then in 72hr they don't return the vehicle or pay the value you can go to small claims court , Demand to see the contract , the authority to hold you car and demand money . Courts all over the country have ruled that what they are trying to do is a Violation of your rights to Due Process ( U.S.Title 42,1983). and will rule in your favor.and get your car back.

Old 12-13-2009, 03:44 AM

57 posts, read 359,612 times
Fighter1....

Operating an unregistered motor vehicle in the state of Florida is criminal. I will refrain from making further comments about your reasons for not registering a motor vehicle. Just remember those nice roads you drive on need to be paid for somehow. Good luck...it is only a matter of time before it catches up to you.

Old 12-13-2009, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSch7 View Post
Fighter1....

Operating an unregistered motor vehicle in the state of Florida is criminal. I will refrain from making further comments about your reasons for not registering a motor vehicle. Just remember those nice roads you drive on need to be paid for somehow. Good luck...it is only a matter of time before it catches up to you.
Who made it a criminal offense ????? The State of Florida, Doesn't your Constitutional rights supersede those of a lower level.
Thats the problem, too may times it is the dollar that governs what the laws will be. check it out, look at the very law , see at the end where it states" this will be the governing rule as long as it doesn't abrogate a HIGHER LAW! Now as I have been told it goes like this City, County, State , Federal and lastly CONSTITUTIONAL law. So yes you and many others officer will stop me from time to time but thats as far as it will go . there hasn't been one Judge that can legally debate the fact that we all have a right to travel. And as to money for the roads ? where is all the money from gas tax going ?

Old 12-14-2009, 12:43 AM

430 posts, read 538,375 times
Interesting. Fighter 1 asked if a Florida LEO has to swear an oath to the Constitution (which was obviously a bait question so he could go off topic and rant about those of us enforcing the law). I posted an answer to the question, however a moderator decided my answer wasn't good enough and deleted it for being "off-topic." Yet Fighter 1 gets to go on an anti-government tirade of how nobody can take away his "God given rights" to drive without license plates.

THAT'S really on the topic of what happens when you get stopped with expired tags!

Great moderating there is here!

Last edited by Occifer; 12-14-2009 at 01:41 AM..

Old 09-13-2010, 10:03 AM

5 posts, read 16,851 times
We moved to NC from FL and got a car from a dealership here in NC, they couldn't transfer the tag until he had a NC driver's license. He got that and sent it to the dealership but the tags had not arrived when he drove back to Florida. In NC you get your hard copy license in the mail and they issue a 20 day temporary license. The temp tag expired and he was pulled over in Polk County, the officer said that his Fl license was cancled (we know that, he cancled them when he got his NC license) and that Florida doesn't "honor" the paper license from NC (we can't help it that NC issues a temp while waiting on the hard copy in the mail) but even if they did honor the temp, his expired plates over rode the license that it's a criminal offense to have a expired tag. He spent the next 13 and a half hours in jail. He had a valid license just an expired tag. We'll be taking all the proof to court, he expected a ticket for the expired tag, not a trip to jail.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:08 PM

56 posts, read 85,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
Just the type of response I thought I would get ! First let me explain my question, If the Officer believed in the oath that all public officials ( including Cop's) take when hired , then he would know that in writing you a ticket for expired tags or license he was violating your right to freedom of travel a God given and Constitutional right that can not be taken away or regulated. See RIGHT to DRIVE ,Justice Tolman ,State of Washington, For over 9 yrs now I have traveled this beautiful country with my Dually pick up towing a 40ft 5wheel trailer, to which there is no registration plate ( meaning that have chosen not to contract with any corporation named DMV).Before some one asks, I do carry Insurance so that should someone damage my vehicles or should - god forbid- I damage someone else's property It would be taken care of in a professional manner without having to wait for 10 days to get an official report from the cop's ( you know the ones i don't have any contracts with .
***MOD CUT***

Yes, you have a God & Constitutional given right to travel. However, if you're going to do it IN A MOTOR VEHICLE, the vehicle must be registered/licensed/insured.

If not, hit the trail with your own two feet and there's not much anyone can do.

Last edited by doggiebus; 08-11-2011 at 04:47 PM.. Reason: Personal attacks watch it!

Old 08-12-2011, 01:19 PM

569 posts, read 443,632 times
Walk safe;walk far my Friend and travel the trail!

Old 08-12-2011, 02:26 PM

2,602 posts, read 4,163,361 times
Thank you, Fighter 1, for sticking up for the Constitution by refusing to have a license plate. Not only are you making the Founding Fathers proud, but even God himself is happy that you're cheating the system. Keep up the good work!

Now I'm going to take a bunch of shots of whiskey and then drive my car through school zones at a high speed. After all, it is part of my God- and Constitution-given right to travel.

Old 08-12-2011, 07:08 PM

7,849 posts, read 2,213,337 times
The point being made about the "god given right" to travel, where no commerce is involved is supposedly correct. This is common law. Was that way for quite awhile. More power to you. Can easily get hassled, I am sure though.

This doesn't mean you should be reckless or cause harm to another. Amazing how accustomed people have become to being in a nanny state.

As far as FL goes for money. It seems to be rolling in money. Has one of the highest surpluses I have seen. Also loves to sell your dmv info, made about 63 mil on that recently. Sorry, but I haven't seen much evidence the state of FL is interested in treating people well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida