U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 10:39 AM

5,823 posts, read 3,765,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Grandma of 2 View Post
I have a question. I just went to renew my tag. I was told there is a stop on my registration and it can not be renewed until I pay almost $400.to the expressway authority. That is toll roads like the 408. I do not drive on the 408 I live in Sumter county and don't travel to Orlando often. I had a transponder in my car that disappeared , could this outrageous bill be from someone using that transponder? Will an officer give me a break while I try to resolve this issue or am I headed to tickets and jail?
Less than 6 months = fine.
Over 6 months = court appearance.

I doubt you'll go to jail for something like this, unless you're doing something stupid when you get pulled over (DUI, reckless driving, etc.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2017, 04:38 PM

1 posts, read 135 times
I know someone who has been driving around since May 2017 he said that he has been stopped twice but since he works at the Jacksonville veteran cemetery they let him go he has no driving licence, expired decal, and NO insurance and drives the government vehicle five days a week how is this possible? He also stated that he got stopped and he was taken down town until someone picked him up to verifie where he worked and his son took him back to his car, who drives the car, and does it makes a different where you work, doesn't it apply to everyone to have these things current. NOT fair

Old 10-03-2017, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mig1674 View Post
I know someone who has been driving around since May 2017 he said that he has been stopped twice but since he works at the Jacksonville veteran cemetery they let him go he has no driving licence, expired decal, and NO insurance and drives the government vehicle five days a week how is this possible? He also stated that he got stopped and he was taken down town until someone picked him up to verifie where he worked and his son took him back to his car, who drives the car, and does it makes a different where you work, doesn't it apply to everyone to have these things current. NOT fair
If he's driving the government vehicle, why does it have an expired decal??

Old 10-07-2017, 03:12 PM

9,238 posts, read 16,419,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiselChest View Post

Friday September 5 2014 I was pulled over by for an expired tag. Officer asked me for my drivers license, registration and insurance which I provided. I told the officer that I was on my way to pick up my 5 year old grandson from daycare I have custody of this little guy. Officer went back to his patrol car to I assume write a ticket. Officer came back to my truck and told me that he could arrest me for driving on an expired tag to which I disagreed. I told the officer again that I had to pick up my grandson, he told me I was not going anywhere he seemed to get upset with me for questioning his authority .
Law enforcement does not like anyone questioning their authority. Had you been cooperative I bet the situation would of turned out different.

Old 10-07-2017, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Law enforcement does not like anyone questioning their authority. Had you been cooperative I bet the situation would of turned out different.
Exactly. I've been pulled over with expired tags, no proof of insurance, expired DL, all kinds of crap. If you're cooperative and not giving the cop a hard time, they are more than likely going to treat you the same way. If if you're going to be an ass, expect the worst outcome.

Old 10-08-2017, 03:29 PM

14,075 posts, read 13,506,418 times
Deep and thorough cavity search!

Old Yesterday, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Exactly. I've been pulled over with expired tags, no proof of insurance, expired DL, all kinds of crap. .
What was the outcome of each of them ?

Old Today, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
What was the outcome of each of them ?
Either the cop gives you a warning, or you get a ticket, which usually gets dropped or reduced to a minor fine if you take required documents to court within a certain time frame.

Old Today, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Exactly. I've been pulled over with no proof of insurance
I know no proof of insurance is a big one & can be quite costly + you may need to get a SR-22.

Old Today, 06:21 PM

I bet most of the people pulled over for expired tags either have not paid the registration fees & have no insurance. I know someone who has tags that expired 2014 & she drives around town all the time. She has not paid the registration fees & has no insurance. I am surprised her car has not been impounded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida