Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2009, 11:00 AM

976 posts, read 1,101,839 times

Advertisements

[quote=amax41;10457938]hey we are headed to a coast next - have to wait 2 years....which will really suck.... but if that coast doesn't work out we are out of this state. We can just about tolerate the useless government.... we can't tolerate other 'cultural' items. <<< I'm with you on that one man. I think we live close to eachother. It can be very frustrating. I was at our local WalMart lastnight - not the supercenter but the little grocery one. OMG.

Bush was one thing, Christ is an idiot now bailing so when this state landslides financially he doesn't get tagged with it and doesn't have to deal with it. Florida's largest problem is - you can't have your cake and eat it too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 10:32 PM

316 posts, read 1,033,382 times
Yea I hold down the other end of the main area... I know the area you are at.... and that WM is hick heaven... disgusting what goes in there....but what is worse is there are delinquents all over the place during the day while school is in....where are the cops???

Old 08-26-2009, 11:49 PM

713 posts, read 2,660,657 times
Crime. Use to be Paradise but not that much anymore. I better leave it there.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:33 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,287,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by House4Sale View Post
Crime. Use to be Paradise but not that much anymore. I better leave it there.
Actually, please elaborate.

Where in FL are you, and what time of reference are you using for when there was "lower crime"?

Old 08-27-2009, 08:35 AM

976 posts, read 1,101,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amax41 View Post
Yea I hold down the other end of the main area... I know the area you are at.... and that WM is hick heaven... disgusting what goes in there....but what is worse is there are delinquents all over the place during the day while school is in....where are the cops???
Not sure about "hick heaven" though. When I think hick, I think white folk with no teeth, lol. That's definitely not what is going in and out of that WM. When I go in there, I'm usually the only white person in there.

Old 08-29-2009, 12:37 PM

713 posts, read 2,660,657 times
Hi Tri! I'd say five years ago it started showing signs of increased crime. Speaking of N. Lauderdale - Delray Beach, FL. Even in Boca and Wellington crime has increased.

Old 08-29-2009, 02:30 PM

11 posts, read 18,844 times
all of you florida haters are so sad...................its sad that you cant see the beuty of florida, and crime happens everywhere even in the middle of nowhere. plus little events make living more worthwhile and fun. so just shut up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-29-2009, 02:40 PM

11 posts, read 18,844 times
Plus the only people that want to move are all grumpy yanks, and when they to another place they will complain there too. also to all native floridians when you move, you wont like it there, it will be cold and snowing and sleet. they put salt on the roads to dissolve the snow so when you drive ur car its gonna rust away...............................i myself love the warm or cool florida breez. like the feeling when we get our first major cold front and theres a nice cool breez, and you hear the wind outside blowing..... but its dry and sunny, not snowy and gloomy like up north!

Old 08-29-2009, 07:10 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,726,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verobeachtropic View Post
all of you florida haters are so sad...................its sad that you cant see the beuty of florida, and crime happens everywhere even in the middle of nowhere. plus little events make living more worthwhile and fun. so just shut up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great personality....

Old 08-29-2009, 07:16 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,726,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verobeachtropic View Post
Plus the only people that want to move are all grumpy yanks, and when they to another place they will complain there too. also to all native floridians when you move, you wont like it there, it will be cold and snowing and sleet. they put salt on the roads to dissolve the snow so when you drive ur car its gonna rust away...............................i myself love the warm or cool florida breez. like the feeling when we get our first major cold front and theres a nice cool breez, and you hear the wind outside blowing..... but its dry and sunny, not snowy and gloomy like up north!
This is a bunch of crap also. I know many SOUTHERNERS who left and are wanting out. I am not a hater of FL. I am a YANK, my homes are MA, and FL. I have been here since 1994, grew to accept many negatives of here, and positives. HATE Fort Myers, so I took a job in Estero, so I am now very happy I am here in FL, even with the sucky heat and humidity. Actually one of my favorite place in FL is Vero Beach. So not all of us YANKS are miserable or grumpy...... got it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida