Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 12:03 PM

35 posts, read 76,980 times

Advertisements

Grouchy Old people................. gosh I wonder who they are building all these new schools for then??????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 11:43 PM

11 posts, read 24,843 times
wow... I was just reading info on Brevard, that is so weird! The promise I was reading or found when I was looking up schools for disabled children although it looks as if that is a type of collage for teen or pre adulthood for the disables?
I seem to be in a big pickle because my son lost his $600 ssi payment because his father is now paying child support and it isn't enough to live on and I can't work or find work because I can't find good childcare for my younges, he is 6 will be 7 in September and going into the 1st grade. I am taking it Brevard is near Orlando or East Coast and not on the gulf side? Only been here 6 months but I am learning slowly and it isn't that I don't like Florida, I actually do... verses going to my hometown of Illinois which is very much a consideration at this point, because I'm not making it here and have some family that can help me w/ him there.
Can you tell me what rent is in that area? I need to stay around $500 or $600 max and that is pushing it, that is until I get work. I do really appreciate any ones advise as I am at a loss and can't figure out what to do, am afraid of making a huge mistake if I move again to Illinois and not find a place here in Florida that works wonderful for my little family.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:48 PM

11 posts, read 24,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikexit View Post
Grouchy Old people................. gosh I wonder who they are building all these new schools for then??????

not sure, are they filling them up w/ grouchy old people to run the schools? Or more lovely teachers that are more worried about their pay than teaching our children?
Don't get me wrong, there are many good teachers and I hope they do a great job... but in my findings so far; they are not providing my disabled son with what he needs even w/ an IEP.
They once sent him home in the same diaper I sent him to school in....
he has developed bad behaviors from other students... and there is no communication log for teacher parent to send back in fourth to keep a close tab on whats happening in classroom.

I guess build em and they will come... but will they do a good job? Is this community for our children, really? Just be thankful, you don't have to attend them and you are not disabled...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida