Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 12:25 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,126,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
It's a conservative area, but the hard core right wing talk show fiends are a small percentage of that and are easily enough ignored. Most of the conservatives are pretty respectful of other viewpoints- lots of military folks who have lived all over the world and the classic 'travel broadens minds' deal.
That has been my experience - conservative, but not rightwingnut loonies.

We could do with a lot more conservatives of that variety, IMHO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 04:08 PM

807 posts, read 3,185,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
There you go again, killing me with those pictures.

Do you know it was 28 degrees here last night????

How are you doing On Da Beach?

OP- On Da Beach is full of great information about the Panhandle area.

Spend a day in these areas OP and you will be hooked. We hate the cold ourselves and will be in Florida as soon as we can joining the others who are enjoying life in the sunshine state.
hehehe...well, it was 58 here! time to make a pot of chili!!

Things are slow now but we're doin' well. Looks like you've been posting your fingers to the bone...and I can guess the subject!

How's mom?

Old 12-06-2009, 08:09 PM

32 posts, read 73,902 times
thanks everybody for your responses. see all my family lives in ft.lauderdale and miami so I'm used to everything around there. I've never been to northern Florida...I didn't realize you guys got that chilly!Tallahassee seems to be a big college area, but that shouldn't bother me too much, I'll be 23 and fresh out of school. I'm just looking for a nice place to live that doesn't get too extremely cold (only snowed once in Cleveland so far, but its been real cold and I can't stand it anymore!)

Old 12-06-2009, 11:53 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,300,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by On-da-Beach View Post
hehehe...well, it was 58 here! time to make a pot of chili!!

Things are slow now but we're doin' well. Looks like you've been posting your fingers to the bone...and I can guess the subject!

How's mom?
OP-

The panhandle is gorgeous. Many small nice towns in the area. Spend a week or so in the panhandle and travel around and you will see what I mean.

I hate chili! It makes me think of snow. YUCK!

She is not doing to well. Thanks for asking.

She has not been home one day since the cancer surgery in August.

Complications from the surgery such as pneumonia 4 times, minor heart attack etc have kept her down.

When she makes headway something else happens.

We have canceled our yearly New Years at Disney this year because we do not want to be in Florida with her still in a critical care unit.

Keep warm and save some of the sunshine for us, we will get to Fla when the time is right.

Old 12-07-2009, 02:30 AM

18,116 posts, read 11,748,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I certainly don't know of any Cuban restaurants in the panhandle, that's more of a south FL thing. The majority of the food here is traditional Southern food, Seafood, Chinese, and Mexican. And of course there's the chain places that you find everywhere else.

Seafood ? The best seafood restaurant is in Panama City Beach - Captain Anderson's, open seasonal.

Black Lab dog? Check into the beach laws.

Last edited by 2goldens; 12-08-2009 at 08:21 AM.. Reason: added restaurant URL

Old 12-28-2009, 05:49 PM

okay now my fiance is talking about moving to Miami to be close to some of my family. I'm not a fan of Miami, I have lived in a white dominant city all my life and would like to keep it that way(sorry don't want to sound racist but its the truth.) Just want some input on a good city for a young couple to live in. Again, I'm going into nursing and he's going into computers, so keep that in mind. Also looking for a city closer to the ocean, inland is too hot and humid. Thanks everyone!

Old 12-28-2009, 06:00 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,768,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meganb19 View Post
okay now my fiance is talking about moving to Miami to be close to some of my family. I'm not a fan of Miami, I have lived in a white dominant city all my life and would like to keep it that way(sorry don't want to sound racist but its the truth.) Just want some input on a good city for a young couple to live in. Again, I'm going into nursing and he's going into computers, so keep that in mind. Also looking for a city closer to the ocean, inland is too hot and humid. Thanks everyone!
I hope a non-white person saves your life or your loved ones life some day. (And im white) .

Old 12-28-2009, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganb19 View Post
You'll both be working with the public, so you should seriously learn spanish.

Old 12-29-2009, 01:25 PM

0007.5-I'm really not trying to sound racist, I do have black and hispanic friends, it's the fact of how they grew up. I don't want to live in a "ghetto" city that has non-educated people that's all I'm saying. My uncle married my aunt who is Puerto Rican so no racism there, they're just EDUCATED.

On-da-Beach- I did take some Spanish in high school. I'll have to freshen up on that because I do remember Miami and they seem to speak to you in Spanish before English (like when we went to the mall)

Old 12-29-2009, 01:30 PM

That was my point. Your transition will be much smoother if you're bi-lingual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida