Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2009, 08:05 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,821,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonadewd View Post

If I had to pick a place though, it'd probably be El Bolson Argentina in Patagonia or Nimbin Australia.
I was just talking about Patagonia to someone last week. I've wanted to visit that area for many years. Have you actually been there?

Old 12-13-2009, 12:07 PM

4,972 posts, read 7,155,695 times
I'm not telling where I'm going. Floridians have a trait of congregating and bringing development with them.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:25 PM

128 posts, read 191,761 times
Exclamation See its not all me

Where U.S. Homes Are Most Overpriced - Yahoo! Real Estate

Florida not only too hot and full of old people who dont want alot of kids around but now we have the top 3 over priced cities as far as real estate.

America's Top 5 Most Overpriced Markets

1. Orlando-Kissimmee, FL Metro Area
2. Miami-Fort Lauderdale-Pompano Beach, FL Metro Area
3. Jacksonville, FL Metro Area

So all you people here who love it so much get a grip on reality and see the light Florida is a sinking ship , and 20 years most likey under water as well as upside down .

These are just facts

Old 12-13-2009, 01:52 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,721,942 times
Lets see how long it takes to discredit that post.....

Old 12-13-2009, 02:42 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,821,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnwilliams View Post
I'm not telling where I'm going. Floridians have a trait of congregating and bringing development with them.
Great post. Yes, it's sort of like Californicating. Maybe we need to create our own word. Floridation? Peninsula envy? No, I guess that's for people who want to move to Florida.

Once I read a long story on a site about moving to Mexico. (That was when our dollar was actually worth something.) Anyway, the man was a retired high school teacher and found a little spot where he could live in a comfortable casita on very little money, shop at the local markets, and get affordable health care. After reading his post, I was curious and very eager to learn more. Then he wrote, "I can't tell you where I am, because it's a small village and I want to protect my anonymity." He was probably writing from Cleveland!

Old 12-13-2009, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Great post. Yes, it's sort of like Californicating. Maybe we need to create our own word. Floridation? Peninsula envy? No, I guess that's for people who want to move to Florida.

Once I read a long story on a site about moving to Mexico. (That was when our dollar was actually worth something.) Anyway, the man was a retired high school teacher and found a little spot where he could live in a comfortable casita on very little money, shop at the local markets, and get affordable health care. After reading his post, I was curious and very eager to learn more. Then he wrote, "I can't tell you where I am, because it's a small village and I want to protect my anonymity." He was probably writing from Cleveland!
How true. I've gotten fliers in the mail trumpeting "New Planned Communities" in North Carolina and Tennessee (complete with restrictive HOAs and strip stores, I'll bet). Hopefully, the natives will have enough sense to demand some kind of growth management and accountability from their state legislature, unlike Florida's governing body, which is for sale to the highest bidder.

Old 12-13-2009, 03:43 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,025,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnwilliams View Post
How true. I've gotten fliers in the mail trumpeting "New Planned Communities" in North Carolina and Tennessee (complete with restrictive HOAs and strip stores, I'll bet). Hopefully, the natives will have enough sense to demand some kind of growth management and accountability from their state legislature, unlike Florida's governing body, which is for sale to the highest bidder.
It's funny. Most of the one's in TN went bankrupt. A lot of those developer's would only market to people living in Florida and a few other states.

Up in the TN forum, we'd try to tell them hey, if they are flying you in for free and giving you a box of T-Bones, you are probably over-paying. Nope. We got accused of everything including trying to keep TN to ourselves.

They are the same group of people that PT Barnum was referring to when he said his famous "sucker' quote.

Old 12-13-2009, 04:18 PM

Don't forget Erik Estrada hawking land in Arkansas (of all places) on late night infomercials. Complete with "Spring Fed Lakes"-or rain fed retention ponds. Floridians will flock to these type of places like buzzards to carrion.

Old 12-13-2009, 08:17 PM

402 posts, read 1,050,900 times
1. Colorado
2. Utah
3. TN

From one extreme to another

Old 12-13-2009, 09:08 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,819,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parks71 View Post
1. Colorado
2. Utah
3. TN

From one extreme to another

Good choices. Utah is beautiful. Those 3 are actually 3 of my top 10 states... add NC, FL, GA, Hawaii, SC, TX, and MI (i really like the U.P. area of MI).

anyhow, back to OT...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida