Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 12:42 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,540,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
There are unhappy rude people everywhere, not just in Florida.

We have family members who have lived in Florida, retire to Florida and live in Florida and not one of them has ever said a word that Florida's problems are caused by northerners who moved to Florida.

All of them tell us Florida changed when the natives got greedy and did not like the share their piece of the pie.

My aunt and uncle retired to Florida many years ago and they tell us things were great when the natives seen all that money coming from the northerners, but when the money dried up and they could not make a bundle anymore they all got upset.

Greed is the word, when you cannot pick pocket northerners anymore then you have to lay blame for your misery somehow else.

Get real people, there are rude people everywhere and believe me, Florida natives ( and I dont mean this as a direct hit to all of them ) are just if not as rude as any northerner ever was.

It is NOT YOUR state, we are free to roam as we like and when you feel you own a state then you have some major issues.

I see Florida has changed over the past 20+ years but every state has changed, some for the good but most of them for the bad.

People need to stop blaming everyone else for something changing and accept the fact that if you are unhappy where you are it is probably something YOU DID that made it that way.

We made the huge mistake of not staying in Florida 20+ years ago when we had the chance, it was OUR FAULT, not anyone else's fault.

It was our mistake and we accept it.

Now it is time to correct the mistake and get to Florida when the time is right. Since we had to ditch our plans because of a family illness we still have the dream of living in Florida some day.

If we move to Florida and we pick the wrong town, schools, etc, it will be our fault, no one else's fault. And I surely wont be blaming others if we fail in Florida.

If you do not like Florida leave and make room for some of us who will appreciate the opportunity to live there.

No one forced people to make mistakes or not be able to accept change.

Change will happen again and again. People need to get used to it. Nothing stays the same forever, it would be a boring world if it did.

By the way, the Florida natives I have met over the years and those on this board are not rude people at all, in fact they are all very willing to help others.
The non Florida natives I know who live in Florida are the same way, not rude and willing to help.

The natives who for some reason now do not like Florida and those who moved to Florida and screwed up are of course the ones who can be very rude, nasty and will not accept the fact that no one forced them to do the things they did. The blame Florida for all my ills crowd is getting very old.

Fantastic Post!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 01:32 PM

329 posts, read 770,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
Everything that you both said can be said about a million places in the United States pick a state/city and you will have the same thing being said.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:43 PM

7,704 posts, read 12,541,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
I think that is because you haven't lived anywhere else. In all fairness the places you mentioned that you want to go would not be classified as the pinnacle of nice, friendly people. Nor, would it be considered great weather. Good work yes.
I have lived plenty of places. Check my profile. Knowing how the other half lives is not my problem. My problem is my home state has declined in quality of living since I was kid and the fact that it's no longer safe for kids to be kids here is shocking to me. You let your guard down for one minute and your child is kidnapped and found somewhere dead. That is despicable and the exact reason I will not be staying in FL. Not to mention the inflating cost of living that keeps going up. I wouldn't be surprised if in the future, the cost of living anywhere in FL would be right up there with San Francisco and New York.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:52 PM

2,763 posts, read 6,736,695 times
Okay Allen - you have lived in other places aside from Florida - that being said, none of them can equate to NYC. I'm not here to debate your opinion on the place you currently live, I'm just saying, I don't think it is as bad as you are making it sound. What you are describing, sounds close to 3rd avenue Bronx in the 70's. All I say is look at the BIG picture and then decide if one is better than the other. In the end perhaps NYC is a better place for you. Just go in with an open mind. Also, know that all those rude and nasty people are supposed to be Northerners. If you leave a place like Florida to go North what do you think you will get then?

Old 01-12-2010, 02:18 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,822,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
There are unhappy rude people everywhere, not just in Florida.

We have family members who have lived in Florida, retire to Florida and live in Florida and not one of them has ever said a word that Florida's problems are caused by northerners who moved to Florida.

All of them tell us Florida changed when the natives got greedy and did not like the share their piece of the pie.

My aunt and uncle retired to Florida many years ago and they tell us things were great when the natives seen all that money coming from the northerners, but when the money dried up and they could not make a bundle anymore they all got upset.

Greed is the word, when you cannot pick pocket northerners anymore then you have to lay blame for your misery somehow else.

Get real people, there are rude people everywhere and believe me, Florida natives ( and I dont mean this as a direct hit to all of them ) are just if not as rude as any northerner ever was.

It is NOT YOUR state, we are free to roam as we like and when you feel you own a state then you have some major issues.

I see Florida has changed over the past 20+ years but every state has changed, some for the good but most of them for the bad.

People need to stop blaming everyone else for something changing and accept the fact that if you are unhappy where you are it is probably something YOU DID that made it that way.

We made the huge mistake of not staying in Florida 20+ years ago when we had the chance, it was OUR FAULT, not anyone else's fault.

It was our mistake and we accept it.

Now it is time to correct the mistake and get to Florida when the time is right. Since we had to ditch our plans because of a family illness we still have the dream of living in Florida some day.

If we move to Florida and we pick the wrong town, schools, etc, it will be our fault, no one else's fault. And I surely wont be blaming others if we fail in Florida.

If you do not like Florida leave and make room for some of us who will appreciate the opportunity to live there.

No one forced people to make mistakes or not be able to accept change.

Change will happen again and again. People need to get used to it. Nothing stays the same forever, it would be a boring world if it did.

By the way, the Florida natives I have met over the years and those on this board are not rude people at all, in fact they are all very willing to help others.
The non Florida natives I know who live in Florida are the same way, not rude and willing to help.

The natives who for some reason now do not like Florida and those who moved to Florida and screwed up are of course the ones who can be very rude, nasty and will not accept the fact that no one forced them to do the things they did. The blame Florida for all my ills crowd is getting very old.
Yes, and again, there ARE rude people everywhere. It's the large amount and to the extent that FL has seemed to attract them over the yrs is what many of us are referring to.

Old 01-12-2010, 02:20 PM

I keep on reading in some of these posts, things such as, "the people in FL are not as rude as the ones in NY, or Massachusetts where I come from", and "they never look at you, say thanks, or anytihng." I read that a lot on this forum. But those folks who act this way up in NY, boston, Illinois, etc... are all moving down here and have been, and will continue to.

Old 01-12-2010, 02:30 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,241,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderate Guy View Post
Fantastic Post!!!!

Thank you.

You live and learn, but some never do.

Old 01-12-2010, 02:30 PM

I don't know about that Com - I don't complain about rude people here in NYC - there are plenty of them, but I think less are from NYC and are from foriegn countries. I think rudeness at least in my experience is more of a culture thing than a specific area thing. Some people have no idea they are being rude like when certain people will knock you down to get a seat on the train or when someone thinks it is okay to walk into a place while you are holding the door and not say thank you. I have to tell you that when this has happened to me it is usually never by an american person what ever their race/ethnicity/nationality. It is usually by someone who just came here from another country or has never adapted to this countries cultures. Well, in NY you almost don't have to. We have become a city of every other culture in the world - I haven't decide if that is for the better or worse - I'm leaning toward not so good. I think of myself as pretty nice and I know lots of nice people - I know lots of jerks too - you will deal with them everywhere. In what capacity will also be different everywhere. I hope that you are able to find what you want my friend!

Old 01-12-2010, 02:34 PM

^^^ Chelsa, if you can handle NYC, you can handle S FL. It's just a smaller version, different in many ways of course. But a lot of the same people, same ethnicities, same attitudes.

Old 01-12-2010, 02:40 PM

LOL - I can use my elbows to get my way to the front too! Thanks Com and I hope that you find you almost perfect place as well!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida