Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 05:11 AM

1 posts, read 2,185 times

Advertisements

I am seeking to re locate to the west coast of Florida from London England, where I would like to either be employed in Sales/Management or invest in a business opportunity.
The wealth of experience I have gained in managing and developing people to maximize their true potential is immense and therefore would be a massive asset to any type of forward thing organization.
I would appreciate assistance from anyone in my new challenge.
Regards
Martin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 01:53 AM

1 posts, read 1,983 times
Is Jacksonville one of the best city to live and to work? Please let me know! what about for business?
I want to move from Fort Myers; this City is "OLD FASHION", there is not places to work and to rent an apartment are very expensive! Please I need more information about Jacksonville and Gainesville!

Old 04-22-2010, 12:43 PM

6 posts, read 13,519 times
Any opinions on Lakeland? I've read good and bad. More specifically "South Lakeland".

Old 08-23-2011, 04:52 PM

2 posts, read 3,097 times
I have lived in Florida since 1984. I have lived in Kissimmee ( lots of hispanics ), Poinciana (lots of Hispanics), Orlando ( Mixed crowd but when you drive around communities you can tell if it's more hispanic, ghetto, white or mixed), South Florida (horrible drivers, they do not practice safe driving) Boca Raton ( very clicky town ) Pomano Beach ( mixed ). I liked living in Pompano beach nothing to do but go to las olas. Fort lauderdale (Mixed) Miami is almost like NY ( great shopping area in flagler st) lots to do at biscayne Blvd. Now From Boca Raton the 95 is a nighmare in the morning and between 3:00 pm-6:00 pm at time in traffic it get worse as you head into Miami. The pay is better in south Florida than central Florida unless you work for a new company that just opened in Orlando. Now I moved back to Orlando but I am crave for something different. I just want to move away from family. Sometimes distance make family closer if you catch my drift.

Old 08-23-2011, 05:02 PM

2 posts, read 3,097 times
I moved back to Orlando because of my husband. South Florida constrction has come to a stall. We moved to south Florida because of the abundance of jobs because of the hurricane damages from previous years. That well dried up so he went back to Orlando because the homes are old, and new businesses, jobs for remodeling and additions pop up more frequently in Orlando. But there is not job for me in customer service. The big employers here in Orlando is Disney, At&T, Banks teller and a few others. But you wiull find alot factory jobs and low paying jobs. Where I worked I was paid 16.00 hr , in Orlando you will get paid the most is 10.00 or 11.00 per hour for that same job. Don't get me wrong I like Orlando but jobs are hard to find. Some will lay you off before you qualify for any benefits. It is hot in the summer but nice during winter months. The holidays feel wierd because of the weather. I like the north for the holiday spirit. I am always looking to run away from Orlando but I always seem to make it back somehow. Why???? I don't know. I have nothing really bad to say just my personal opinion. It may be different for others.

Old 08-24-2011, 04:15 PM

814 posts, read 2,043,394 times
Florida Keys!!!!

Old 09-16-2011, 11:42 PM

206 posts, read 573,848 times
I am relocating to St Augustine....but I work online. I guess you would have to commute to Jacksonville for work which is about an hour...but not traffic like we are used to.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:32 AM

1 posts, read 1,255 times
hi all looking to move to jacksonville next year from the uk can anyone tell me mor about th city e.g the lss crime area ,job market and so on.iit a good place to raise up family and all that.

Old 07-02-2015, 02:02 PM

1 posts, read 727 times
Hey Luckycharms, Never been to Boston but have been to Chicago, really wasn't my cup of tea. I'm originally from San Antonio, Tx and move to Denver in 82. Love Denver but got divorced and had to leave town, get away from the ex. Moved to Sacramento California and loved it there. Lots of job opportunities and the weather is pretty good most of the year. Now, not so much, drought and to many politics make any place a downer. Now I'm in Dallas and after visiting my home town for a couple of months really open my eyes as to what a sh-- hole it is. I thought I was in a third world country, and HEB is everywhere, no competition in the grocery department so what you see is what you had to buy. Didn't care for all the expense just to visit the Alamo and don't even get me started on the visit to the River Walk. Such a major disappointment. Looking for work was a joke, it's an employers paradise and they make the rules, work for $8 an hour with your PHD in hand or find work in landscaping. Not to be such a downer but it sadden me to see a culture so head strong on living in poverty. Dallas is 10 time better but like any large city, location...location...location is what its all about. I too have though of living on the beach and playing in the sunshine all day and considered Florida, (Miami) but haven't heard too many nice things about it. So Jacksonville is the area I headed for. My wife just got a job here and is learning all she can about computers and working with internet clients so that she can work from home so we can spend more time together. We are making the move by the end of the year and hope to make my dreams come through. So stick to your guns and take the leap of faith.

Old 07-03-2015, 02:22 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Wonder if our op made the move as he hasnt posted since 2007.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida