Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2009, 11:20 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,675,067 times

Advertisements

So I am a 25 year old male looking to move to Florida. I would like to move to Tampa as my #1 but lately I have not heard to many good things. I guess my top 3 would be: Tampa/St.Pete, Palm Beach County, and Orlando. However I am not to concerned about where in Florida but more that it meets my needs. I would like an area that I can afford an apartment for $700/month for a one bedroom, fairly easily accessible (airport drive no longer then 1.5 hours)violence isn't exceptional bad, nice downtown's that are walkable day or night, decent to great nightlife, and an overall good atmosphere. I am not looking for Utopia but what I have stated is a good start. Please if you have any suggestions about the cities I have mentioned or any part of Florida that would fit what I am looking for please share, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 12:35 AM

807 posts, read 3,174,059 times
I'd suggest Clearwater/ Clearwater Beach. It's close to Tampa and has a smaller feel. It fits your requirements. Certainly worth checking out. Daytona, also.

Old 12-29-2009, 01:52 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,675,067 times
Why Clearwater?

Old 12-29-2009, 02:05 PM

8,488 posts, read 20,548,717 times
I like Clearwater but I think for the walk-ability downtown St,Pete would fit better.
The 1BR apt shouldn't be a problem at $700. There is plenty to do. Airport in less than an hour unless rush hour then may be a bit more.
There are areas outside downtown to avoid as you would have anywhere but I never had one issue when I lived downtown.

Old 12-29-2009, 02:44 PM

807 posts, read 3,174,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
Why Clearwater?
After living in Pinellas Co. for 20 years, I always felt the younger crowd was more attracted there than St. Pete. Downtown Tampa, down by Harborside, is nice but out of your price range.

Living in Clw. gives you the opportunity to go to Tampa for entertainment or St. Pete for a Rays game and you're still close to the beach and night spots.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:53 PM

97 posts, read 273,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
So I am a 25 year old male looking to move to Florida. I would like to move to Tampa as my #1 but lately I have not heard to many good things. I guess my top 3 would be: Tampa/St.Pete, Palm Beach County, and Orlando. However I am not to concerned about where in Florida but more that it meets my needs. I would like an area that I can afford an apartment for $700/month for a one bedroom, fairly easily accessible (airport drive no longer then 1.5 hours)violence isn't exceptional bad, nice downtown's that are walkable day or night, decent to great nightlife, and an overall good atmosphere. I am not looking for Utopia but what I have stated is a good start. Please if you have any suggestions about the cities I have mentioned or any part of Florida that would fit what I am looking for please share, thanks.
What do you do for a living? You may want to check out those cities with you trade.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:21 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,644,503 times
How important is being close to the beach for you? If you don't mind an hour drive the beaches then Orlando would be good for you. I think Orlando has a better downtown than Tampa, it has nice walkable neighborhoods, great night life, and the airport is about 20-30 mins away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida