Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 07:23 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,733,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten View Post
Heh. You can't reason somebody out of something they weren't reasoned into, JimMe. Even without a shred of proof, AGW is FACT! hidden by WINGNUTS!

Meanwhile, back in this solar system, watch out for cooling. Coldest winter in decades already this year. This is probably why.
Dr. Kenneth Tapping is worried about the sun. Solar activity comes in regular cycles, but the latest one is refusing to start. Sunspots have all but vanished, and activity is suspiciously quiet. The last time this happened was 400 years ago -- and it signaled a solar event known as a "Maunder Minimum," along with the start of what we now call the "Little Ice Age."

Tapping, a solar researcher and project director for Canada's National Research Council, says it may be happening again. Overseeing a giant radio telescope he calls a "stethoscope for the sun," Tapping says, if the pattern doesn't change quickly, the earth is in for some very chilly weather.

During the Little Ice Age, global temperatures dropped sharply. New York Harbor froze hard enough to allow people to walk from Manhattan to Staten Island, and in Britain, people reported sighting eskimos paddling canoes off the coast. Glaciers in Norway grew up to 100 meters a year, destroying farms and villages.

Unlike AGW, this isn't junk science -- the sun is the only energy driver the Earth has so pay attention.

Fortunately, this is just in time for my working retirement. In Florida.
Thanks for citing this news article. This was the one I was referring to. As can be seen this is not corporate-purchased propaganda. It reflects, at a minimum, that the global warming alamists are over simplifying the science. There is an agenda behind that. As for me I'm betting on a cooling trend and I'll be heading to Florida to avoid the worst of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 08:00 AM

884 posts, read 1,034,387 times
Record cold for northern Minn.: 40 below - Yahoo! News (broken link)

YEAH...this planet is getting so warm......

Old 02-12-2008, 08:03 AM

288 posts, read 1,555,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanisback View Post
The sky is falling!! The sky is falling!!!
I heard this on the grapevine.

Old 02-12-2008, 08:43 AM
Ten

163 posts, read 334,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJFlorida View Post
Again, not true. The polar ice caps are not back to where they were 600 years ago.
True. That's because they're constantly changing. The Antarctic cap is growing.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:44 PM

497 posts, read 1,567,033 times
I have about 2 feet of global warming out in my yard. Another 5-10 inches of global warming is coming tonight and tomorrow. We had global warming temps of 1 degree this morning. We have already had our seasonal normal 70 inches of global warming here this winter with another 3 months to go where more of this global warming can pile up.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:48 PM

548 posts, read 540,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petertherock View Post
I have about 2 feet of global warming out in my yard. Another 5-10 inches of global warming is coming tonight and tomorrow. We had global warming temps of 1 degree this morning. We have already had our seasonal normal 70 inches of global warming here this winter with another 3 months to go where more of this global warming can pile up.
Peter, buddy, pal....I know your joking. I hate snow too. But we all know that global warming is manifested in all different ways. Some areas will experience record colds, while others record heat. Some record rains, many others droughts. The global climate is an interactive system.

Anyway, stay warm sir...I spent too many wasted winters up north and know how you feel.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:55 PM

497 posts, read 1,567,033 times
There is no global warming. It's called the natural cycle of nature. The last couple of winters have been mild. Now we are getting a brutal winter. We have been getting cooler than normal summers so we can expect a brutal summer sometime in the next year or so. Nature always balances itself out.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:58 PM

14 posts, read 29,901 times
And you people still believe in the Liberal's Global Warming debacle scenario? Tsch! tsch! tsch! Oh ye of litle faith. But then, most Liberals are gullible & would rather believe what they are told than do the research for themselves & make an informed, intelligent decision.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:25 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
Global warming from C02 is junk science. Just another bunch of nonsense. If the sun slows down and gets cooler, we will too, no matter what we burn on the earth. Next thing you know humans will be blamed for the reduction in solar activity!

Old 02-12-2008, 03:49 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,662,969 times
Be careful what you post, next thing you will see the paranoia crowd worrying about global freezing!!

Second day in a row, no school c/o snow, freezing rain and cold temps. uhmmm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida