Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 02:53 PM

97 posts, read 274,788 times

Advertisements

I actually love and enjoy Fl living. The winters to me are perfect. I enjoy the summer heat, I just plainly love Fl weather totally.
But the jobs well.....what jobs.
Right off the bat they dont pay too well in the first place, not like Ga,NC,TX and many other places.
I live in Ocala,Fl and our jobs well.....what jobs.
This town is all dried up as far as jobs. I am going to C.T.A.E. and C.F.C.C. getting certifications in my field of work.
Once I get all the certs I am after well.....moving my be.
If I move I will miss Fl and all the recreation she has to offer, but I need to work also.
I enjoy fishing off New Smyrna, there are some good fish about an hour and a half out.
Does anyone go to the NASCAR races? I do all the time.
I came to Fl in 1981 and I have enjoyed it every since I came here. I am constantly online in the job banks it seems like a very experinced welder dont have much of a career here any more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2009, 04:30 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
There are welding jobs in Tavares, you need to drive around some of the light industrial areas to find the signs hung out in front of the businesses--they aren't advertising in the paper or online.

Old 12-31-2009, 03:36 PM

Default Will do

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
There are welding jobs in Tavares, you need to drive around some of the light industrial areas to find the signs hung out in front of the businesses--they aren't advertising in the paper or online.
Thank you I will do that

Old 12-31-2009, 10:59 PM

611 posts, read 1,455,580 times
If you have any questions about Tavares PM me, I grew up around there.

Old 01-01-2010, 05:59 PM

Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by duttygal86 View Post
If you have any questions about Tavares PM me, I grew up around there.
I would appreciate the help. where is the industrial parks and area like that. I plan on coming to Tavares Tuesday and look around. I weld for a living if that will help

Old 01-01-2010, 07:10 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
I think you would do better checking the local newspaper classifieds for that particular job description....rather than just checking online posted jobs. Maybe when you do the drive to Tavares, you could stop along the way and pick up papers from different areas. Good luck to you!

Jacksonville has lots of welding jobs due to all the ship work there....but it would be too far to commute.

Old 01-01-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I think you would do better checking the local newspaper classifieds for that particular job description....rather than just checking online posted jobs. Maybe when you do the drive to Tavares, you could stop along the way and pick up papers from different areas. Good luck to you!

Jacksonville has lots of welding jobs due to all the ship work there....but it would be too far to commute.
Our newspaper has absolutly nothing in it. But yes I have been looking for welding jobs in Jax they do pay much better than around here Ocala,Fl.
I am planning a move fairly soon I just have to pick a welders area (for jobs)

Old 01-01-2010, 08:58 PM

611 posts, read 1,455,580 times
your going to want to look down SR 19, headed south, about five miles outside of Tavares, and along OLD 441. Have you looked into Jacksonville FL? I know theat when i lived there *prior to the recession* the shipyards at Jaxport was constantly hiring welders, as well as Waste Management, repairing the huge garbage cans, paid pretty good from what I remeber.Also, I heard something about underwater welding in Tampa area? Try Jax. Tavares is a small town, bumped right up against Mt.Dora and Eustis (for a newcomer its almost impossible to know when your leaving one city and going into the next) Lake County has a really high unemployment rate too. Theres almost no nightlife, most of the people there are either retirees, or have been there all of their lives.

Old 01-01-2010, 09:45 PM

1,210 posts, read 3,282,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARRELL-N-FLORIDA View Post
I actually love and enjoy Fl living. The winters to me are perfect. I enjoy the summer heat, I just plainly love Fl weather totally.
But the jobs well.....what jobs.
Right off the bat they dont pay too well in the first place, not like Ga,NC,TX and many other places.
I live in Ocala,Fl and our jobs well.....what jobs.
This town is all dried up as far as jobs. I am going to C.T.A.E. and C.F.C.C. getting certifications in my field of work.
Once I get all the certs I am after well.....moving my be.
If I move I will miss Fl and all the recreation she has to offer, but I need to work also.
I enjoy fishing off New Smyrna, there are some good fish about an hour and a half out.
Does anyone go to the NASCAR races? I do all the time.
I came to Fl in 1981 and I have enjoyed it every since I came here. I am constantly online in the job banks it seems like a very experinced welder dont have much of a career here any more.
I heard that welders get $100k per year working the Alberta oilfields. Maybe work the summer, then lounge the winter in Florida?

Old 01-02-2010, 10:29 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
Not so much on 19. Look on 561 and and 448.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida