Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 04:13 PM

66 posts, read 318,901 times

Advertisements

I was wanting to know if anybody gets dizzy and have headaches while they are in the state of Florida.
Ever since we have been here, my husband has been getting headaches every day. It goes away when we leave the state. He is going to the doctor to find out what is wrong with him. I was wanting to know if anybody else gets this type of thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2007, 04:33 PM

1,683 posts, read 8,188,554 times
Beckerd,
Does he have sinus problems? There is pollen everywhere right now. My husband was having the same issues last week and then noticed his truck was covered in yellow sticky pollen. I, too suffer from the headaches, accompanied by dizziness and sometimes even mental confusion (not badly, but just can't think staight) all can be symptoms of chronic sinus issues.

One of the problems with our lush vegetation here is lots of pollen and allergy issues - especially at certain times of the year.

Old 01-15-2007, 04:53 PM

944 posts, read 3,836,330 times
Q: Does weather affect migraines?
A: Bright sunshine, hot, humid conditions, and drastic changes in barometric pressure may lead to, or "trigger," a migraine attack in some migraineurs.

http://www.headaches.org/consumer/generalinfo/headachefaq.html (broken link)

Old 01-15-2007, 05:00 PM

5,297 posts, read 6,275,664 times
Also the possability of dehydration,I was having problems here in South Carolina and increasing my fluid intake was what helped me.

Old 01-15-2007, 05:47 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,097,092 times
I used Orlando for a base line on pollen, check the link for your location:

http://www.pollen.com/Pollen.com.asp

Old 01-15-2007, 06:52 PM

33 posts, read 177,065 times
Beckerd- My visits to Florida are at the same times year round.
For instance, I'll leave NY during spring allergy season and land in Florida and spend the next week with no allergy problems. Is it because everything is already in bloom? Maybe.
But I've noticed the same thing for the past 6 years. Just my 2 cents.

Old 01-15-2007, 08:04 PM

1,683 posts, read 8,188,554 times
I'll leave NY during spring allergy season and land in Florida and spend the next week with no allergy problems. Is it because everything is already in bloom? Maybe.

If it's spring in NY, it's probably 2 months POST spring here!

Old 01-15-2007, 08:21 PM

33 posts, read 177,065 times
Well considering that Florida has two seasons,summer and unbearable, I was actually making mention to the vegetation, not the seasons.

Old 01-15-2007, 08:30 PM

381 posts, read 1,680,569 times
Because of the warm climate, the vegetation will come back in Spring fashion before most other states.

I would tend to agree with Muggy; heat, humidity, sunshine and a change in pressure are most likely the cause of your headaches. Several members of my family can always tell when a high pressure system is over us because they get increased pressure in their sinus area (including the head). If you are used to living in higher altitudes, it could just be that you are just more sensitive to it. Also in higher altitudes the air is thinner, so if you aren't used to being nearer to sea level, that could explain the dizziness.

That's just what I've observed.

Old 01-15-2007, 08:42 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,330,656 times
Hopefully the Dr. will be able to help your husband. I've never had a problem in Fla., but had a terrible headache when we vacationed in the Carolinas. We had fun and loved Myrtle Beach, but something there just bothered me and I spent the last day of vacation in bed. It was in Sept. and it seems some people that live there have had those same problems. We have a friend who vacations there yearly and takes her parents along. Her Dad gets sick every time.

I guess people just are bothered by different things. A gal from work was just down in Fla. for a wedding last summer. Her children have awful allergies and use inhalers up here, but when they were in Fla., they were fine. The closer to So. Dak. that they got, the sicker the children got. Luckily there are plenty of meds and hopefully the Dr. will find the right one for your husband.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida