Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 02:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,621 times

Advertisements

I am seriously considering a move to South Florida. I have read all of the feedback that has been previouisly posted regarding this from last year. I am wondering if anything has changed? I am looking at the Delray Beach area - in a condo section known as High Point. Yes, I am retired and I am also a widow. My main motivation for the move is to be around people and have a social life. Right now I live in small town Virginia. I moved here 4 years ago and I am not happy. I feel that if I live in a condo community where other retirees are, that perhaps I will have people in my life. People that want company the same as I do.

Your thoughts, suggestions are deeply appreciated.

Thanks,
Betty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 03:56 PM

367 posts, read 1,681,489 times
I love Florida, I live 2 minutes from the beach, am in a non flood zone, non evacuation zone. I have rarely experienced winds over 35 miles an hour, except when hurricanes were around. My house stood all the most recent ones in the last few years.
Just had to clear up the bits of tree twigs from the yard. I have not experienced crime, walk my dog very late at night around my (non gated) subdivision. Can walk to shops, am close to almost anything you can think of, can drive to Tampa Airport in 30 minutes, have many lovely neighbours of all ages, and think the school system in my area is wonderful and that's because I have two teens in high school and they have been in our school system since we came here in 1999.
Yes there are some unfortunate parts of Tampa Bay area, I prefer Pinellas to Hillsborough, it's a bit slower and less congested (though we have those areas too!)
It has more areas of character and history and we do of course have miles and miles of lovely, clean and FREE beaches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida