Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 01:29 PM

1,377 posts, read 4,212,329 times

Advertisements

rant over, please people stop saying this is cold weather, at night it does a get a bit chilly, but daytime is gorgeous, enjoy it while you can!

Old 01-04-2010, 01:37 PM

2,764 posts, read 6,765,686 times
Noodles, be fair, 40 is pretty chilly and 50's and 60's you still wear jackets even in the NE.

Old 01-04-2010, 01:55 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,641,705 times
Attention to those living in Florida that do not want to be here so they continually rant about everything and anything whenever they get a chance.

A low of 28 with a high of 45 is farking cold. I realize that it can't always be above 80 as I would like but 28 degrees is cold.

Old 01-04-2010, 01:59 PM

Damn - it was 28 - where - yuck - I don't like!

Old 01-04-2010, 02:13 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,907,231 times
I have lived in climates that are much colder than it is here in Broward County. But it was 39 degrees this morning in Weston. When I lived in NY and CT we wore winter clothes when it was in the 30s. The difference in FL is that none of us have winter clothes so we are out in the cold wearing fleece sweatshirts.

Also-when I lived in NY 39 degrees felt alot colder in October than it did in December because in October we were used to warmer weather. We never really get used to the cooler weather here because it never sticks around long enough for us to get used to it.

Old 01-04-2010, 02:18 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,379,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
I have lived in climates that are much colder than it is here in Broward County. But it was 39 degrees this morning in Weston. When I lived in NY and CT we wore winter clothes when it was in the 30s. The difference in FL is that none of us have winter clothes so we are out in the cold wearing fleece sweatshirts.

Also-when I lived in NY 39 degrees felt alot colder in October than it did in December because in October we were used to warmer weather. We never really get used to the cooler weather here because it never sticks around long enough for us to get used to it.
I was going to say the same thing..lol let me add I LOVE LIVING HERE so this wouldnt be a rant from me...However coming from the North it is quiet cold here for florida standards....we also lived in Charlotte and let me add its cold there too so moving to florida I wasnt prepared for 32 degree weather in the morning and 50 during the day let alone I have NO winter clothes to boot...LOL

its now 57 and tonight at or below freezing...Not Fun

Old 01-04-2010, 02:23 PM

Oh Ladies - I guess, I should keep the Uggs just in case LOL - and Momma - you are so right - 39 feels so different - it would actually feel warm if it wer 39 now - LOL. I'm keeping my coat and my boots - LOL. Have a good one ladies.

Old 01-04-2010, 02:27 PM

2,903 posts, read 12,533,783 times
It's all relative. I realize to Floridians it seems cold.

I long for the day when I feel the same way.

Right now, I do not have a lot of sympathy..........it is 11 degrees here in NY, which is warmer then it has been lately. It is costing over 100 bucks a week to heat the house, the driveway needs snowblowing daily, and we all feel cold. Our skin is dry and touching anything gives you a shock. Our cars are gray with salt, you cannot push a shopping cart in this snow and ice, old people are falling and breaking hips and every parking lot is nuts because no lines can be seen. To go anywhere you need to let your car run for 15 minutes just to warm the engine, and then you need to scrape the ice off the windows.

But I'm not complaining. We live in the best country in the world, and are free to move anywhere. I'll be a happy Floridian in 546 more days.

Some folks......if you gave them a hundred dollar bill, they would complain because you folded it in half.

Enjoy!! Frank

BTW, to keep it fair, when I AM down in Florida during the hot summer, I do not complain.

Old 01-04-2010, 02:33 PM

Frank, no picture - boooo - anyway, I always like your positive spins on things - they really are quite appealing - stay warm - I'm trying!

Old 01-04-2010, 02:33 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,379,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfulFrank View Post
It's all relative. I realize to Floridians it seems cold.

I long for the day when I feel the same way.

Right now, I do not have a lot of sympathy..........it is 11 degrees here in NY, which is warmer then it has been lately. It is costing over 100 bucks a week to heat the house, the driveway needs snowblowing daily, and we all feel cold. Our skin is dry and touching anything gives you a shock. Our cars are gray with salt, you cannot push a shopping cart in this snow and ice, old people are falling and breaking hips and every parking lot is nuts because no lines can be seen. To go anywhere you need to let your car run for 15 minutes just to warm the engine, and then you need to scrape the ice off the windows.

But I'm not complaining. We live in the best country in the world, and are free to move anywhere. I'll be a happy Floridian in 546 more days.

Some folks......if you gave them a hundred dollar bill, they would complain because you folded it in half.

Enjoy!! Frank

BTW, to keep it fair, when I AM down in Florida during the hot summer, I do not complain.
sorry Frank, I do feel for you when u put it that way...lol I know my family is freezing up in NY and NJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida