U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 05-23-2007, 01:24 PM

3 posts, read 15,016 times
Smile best place to work in florida

does anyone know wich one is the best place to go in florida..im planning going there in december for three months for work..and i never been there, im from argentina..i worked last winter in reno....so, now i wanna go to florida or hawaii but i need some recomendations!!
thanks
how about the cost of living there?? the prices for rent a house===??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 05-23-2007, 01:25 PM

59 posts, read 186,185 times
what kind of work are you interested in?

Unread 05-23-2007, 01:57 PM

44 posts, read 62,077 times
Whats the best place to work for IT support in specialized trading floor support for Financial firms? Have not found a thing so I guess I would have to resort to regular based support or transition to a business analyst position. I was thinking Frt Lauderdale up to PB?

Unread 05-23-2007, 02:24 PM

2,267 posts
If your coming here for the experience Disney is an interesting place to work short term...I hear they don't pay well by American standards and they expect alot of work from people but I have heard the same people say the experience is wonderful.

If you wanted to work in a hotel, there are so many hotels here that its amazing. The same with restuarant work.

Unread 07-13-2009, 01:42 PM

1 posts, read 3,335 times
Hi I am interested in working in Florida possibly in November.I would be interested in hotel work etc is there many positions available?how expensive is accomadation?I would like to work for a few months so I would get a visa.cheers

Unread 07-14-2009, 02:08 PM

88 posts, read 244,092 times
The best place to work in Florida is for the Government. The legislatures will do just about everything to keep government employee benefits and pensions. Since the government has its hands in just about everything and everywhere, there is a job for just about anything with the government. Heck, if you can't beat them, might as well join them and hop on the gravy train. Seriously.

Unread 07-14-2009, 02:16 PM

4,245 posts, read 7,191,523 times
What gravy train? In most cases, state employees in Alabama and Mississippi are better paid than they are in Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida