Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2007, 07:07 PM

12 posts, read 88,640 times

Advertisements

After much consideration and looking elsewhere we have decided that Florida is the place to be. People forget that Florida is a unique State to live in, there is no other place on the east coast like it. I like the good shopping and conveniance of things close by. And don't forget the beaches! Like all States it has it's good and it's bad. I think people are to quick to decide on moving, I guess the longer you stay in one place the more stable you are. I love knowing what other roads to take if I'm stuck in traffic or where every store is located. Who wants to start all over again!
p.s. I even like the thunderstorms! (when I'm inside)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2007, 03:48 PM

200 posts, read 683,630 times
Never been to North FL but sure would like to visit - Moderator cut: Personal (use PM) . We are (were) thinking of leaving FL but I just went through all those 23 pages of photos on another thread and WOW - I AM IN LOVE WITH FLORIDA AGAIN!!! Now I remember why I moved here back in 1990!!!!!!

Old 05-25-2007, 04:02 PM

12 posts, read 38,160 times
I would also like to add.....whatever place a person is thinking about moving to, go visit in January or February. Chances are it will be dark, dreary and downright cold! I do this every year and it renews my appreciation for Florida. This is why I am here.....I really enjoy the warm winters. I like the afternoon thunderstorms in the summers as well. I suspect anyone who is unhappy and miserable in Florida will be also the same unhappy and miserable person in the state they move to....it is all of what you make of it!

Old 05-25-2007, 04:12 PM

458 posts, read 598,376 times
"I suspect anyone who is unhappy and miserable in Florida will be also the same unhappy and miserable person in the state they move to....it is all of what you make of it!"

swfl, you summed up about half the posters on this forum in one sentence! I agree 100%

Old 05-25-2007, 04:43 PM

713 posts, read 2,669,063 times
Default Glad you're starying cocon. All others, rent first.

Unless you've visited before and are sure of the new place, rent, see if you like it and then buy.

Old 05-25-2007, 07:19 PM

460 posts, read 2,343,739 times
Glad you have decided to stay!!!!

Jen

Old 05-27-2007, 09:17 AM

59 posts, read 285,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swfl View Post
I would also like to add.....whatever place a person is thinking about moving to, go visit in January or February. Chances are it will be dark, dreary and downright cold! I do this every year and it renews my appreciation for Florida. This is why I am here.....I really enjoy the warm winters. I like the afternoon thunderstorms in the summers as well. I suspect anyone who is unhappy and miserable in Florida will be also the same unhappy and miserable person in the state they move to....it is all of what you make of it!
I agree with JimKing. You summed it all up in your last sentence!

Old 05-27-2007, 09:45 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,898,743 times
I believe you made a wise choice

Old 05-27-2007, 11:20 AM

2,209 posts, read 7,653,088 times
Absolutely.............

Old 05-27-2007, 11:30 AM

124 posts, read 303,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swfl View Post
I like the afternoon thunderstorms in the summers as well. I suspect anyone who is unhappy and miserable in Florida will be also the same unhappy and miserable person in the state they move to....it is all of what you make of it!
Totally agree...

I used to live in Germany, Italy, Venezuela, Austria and got married to a florida boy. Now I'm here in St. Pete and this is the place for me to stay and spread out roots. I love the winter here and enjoy the summers too. I love the heavy rain, the thunderstorms, the beaches, the shopping and nice attitude of the people. We have 4 kids and I often hear there is nothing to do here with kids. I don't know where these people live... there is soooo much to do here. On and off the water, sport activities, kids porgrams everywhere. And if you really don't have any idea what to do... hey.. pack your bags and have a picnic on the beach, collect shells, or catch lizards. If you can't be happy in Florida you will have a problem anywhere. Except you are a real snow fan and love to go skiing....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida