Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 10:11 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,300,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
We moved from NJ to Charlotte NC after 2 years we moved here to florida..We do not regret our decision one bit...We wanted to move here 11 years ago from NJ but well just didnt, and we are so thankful that we had the chance to do this move...My dh was offered a great opportunity that we couldnt pass on..He loves his job here and we are all very happy. We like the people, we love the area and it is very close to shopping, restaurants, ft lauderdale, Miami, etc....My children are also very happy here and have met some really great friends...and we are extremely happy with their schools..Dh and I have met some wonderful people and we just met the greatest people that we have become friends with as our boys go to the same school and are the same age and have also become really good friends
Life is good here in Boca...

Glad to see you are happy in Fla Berry!!

Congrats on picking the perfect area for you and you family.

Regrets - We moved down to Florida in 1986 for a few months and caved into family pressure to come back to Ohio. We were young and did not know any better!!

Today we feel we should have stayed in Florida then. We feel we have lost 24 years of doing the things we love to do. Swimming, snorkeling, scuba diving, antiques, being warm, etc.

You only live once and if you never try something you will never know what it is like.

We are headed to Florida when the time is right to get to do the things we love so much. Before we get to damn old to enjoy them!

Last edited by Sunny-Days-in-Florida; 01-17-2010 at 11:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 10:25 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,569,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

Regrets - We moved down to Florida in 1986 for a few months and caved into family pressure to come back to Ohio. We were young and did not know any better!!

Today we feel we should have stayed in Florida then. We feel we have lost 24 years of doing the things we love to do. Swimming, snorkeling, scuba diving, antiques, being warm, etc.

You only live once and if you never try something you will never know what it is like.

We are header to Florida when the time is right to get to do the things we love so much. Before we get to damn old to enjoy them!
Sounds like a great plan, Sunny Days, and it doesn't seem like you'll be having any regrets this time!!

Old 01-17-2010, 11:20 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,300,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderate Guy View Post
Sounds like a great plan, Sunny Days, and it doesn't seem like you'll be having any regrets this time!!
I don't think so either, if we do it will be my fault for not doing my homework and spending as much time as we can in the town we like.

We probably would already be in Florida but we an a family illness that was more important. We will get there in time. Just save us some seats!

Old 01-18-2010, 06:09 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,363,197 times
No regrets. We moved here from New England and we don't miss the cold or the crowds. We chose Vero Beach because of it's quaintness, beautiful draping oak trees, and empty beaches as well as it's restaurants and shops. Sometimes we think we'd like to relocate to somewhere else in FL that has big city amenities but then we'd have to suffer big city traffic so we'll stay where we are for the time being anyway.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:28 AM

2,903 posts, read 12,529,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

We are headed to Florida when the time is right to get to do the things we love so much. Before we get to damn old to enjoy them!
Amen! 532 days for me......

Old 01-18-2010, 08:55 AM

284 posts, read 985,281 times
Thank you all for your input and glad to see that most have liitle to no regrets , please keep them coming

Old 01-18-2010, 10:30 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,653,377 times
Default I'd rather be in Smithtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANIC View Post
Thank you all for your input and glad to see that most have liitle to no regrets , please keep them coming
than here. Coming back to Florida was the biggest mistake of my life.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:48 AM

2,764 posts, read 6,763,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
than here. Coming back to Florida was the biggest mistake of my life.
because you left your girls in NYC

because it is too hot - umm it is Florida chances of being hot are pretty great

apparently natives and transplants (one of them being you) are not smart enough to dress properly in cold weather that never seems to hit except once every 30 years.

I'm sure I could go on but I think you get the point.

I believe what the OP wanted was to see if you regretted it because of your job and things that generally make leaving a place that you were once okay in difficult. Saying I hate it here doesn't explain much - pleas tan, here is your chance to dig deep and explain what you issues are!

Old 01-18-2010, 10:52 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,653,377 times
Default I regret buying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
because you left your girls in NYC

because it is too hot - umm it is Florida chances of being hot are pretty great

apparently natives and transplants (one of them being you) are not smart enough to dress properly in cold weather that never seems to hit except once every 30 years.

I'm sure I could go on but I think you get the point.

I believe what the OP wanted was to see if you regretted it because of your job and things that generally make leaving a place that you were once okay in difficult. Saying I hate it here doesn't explain much - pleas tan, here is your chance to dig deep and explain what you issues are!
a house because I cannot sell it. Good enough? People have said that you know? RENT before buying.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:05 AM

3 posts, read 24,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PANIC View Post
I would really want to hear from anyone who has lived in the Northeast and moved to Florida , what area you lived in and where did you move to and please list your pros and cons about it . And is it true that you get used to the heat ? Thank you
Well i live in Florida all my life mostly all over then i settled in Tampa.However things were ok until the economy hit lost everything as well as most peopl did.Florida now it depends on where you live.Its to exspensive.Schools are not good at all.Jobs py way below the requirement of your worth.They still have the mentallity of the men getting paid more than the women.It's not called gator country for nothing.As for now at the time being.Florida is below the poverty line and falling fast.However it's like i said it depends on where you live at the farther out you go the more exspensive it is.Our retirees are leaving Florida and moving back up north cause it's cheaper.The whole reason for them leaving the north in the first place.Too many sink holes no matter where you go.And the people are not so nice real racist.Alot of the local gangs have taken over it just has gotten so bad my son and i just move fro Florida to Illinois in August of last yr.and were continuing to move to Minnesota.I want better for us.and thee is no jobs snd they dont pay you what your worth.sorry for the not so pleasant news about Florida.However i grew up there and it took me years to get out.As far as the weather goes.Dont believe that about you get use to the heat.I'm from florida and i only came out to go to work and pick my son up.We were usually inside.the heat can kill ya.The humidity is a death sentence.The beaches are beautiful lots of amusment parks and water parks.However so hot and humis that it's hard to enjoy it.Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida