Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2007, 07:58 AM

1,418 posts, read 10,190,936 times

Advertisements

This is something that I have been tracking for some time and I find it sort of interesting - the number of threads and posts for each of the Florida cities:

.........................................Threads.. .............................................Posts

Jacksonville........................358........... ........................................... 2732
Miami.................................322......... ..............................................5402
Orlando..............................507.......... .............................................5146
Tampa................................478.......... .............................................5498

Now, let me tell you that I think this board is a good indicator of general "interest" people have in various areas/regions/cities. Beyond that, I don't know if these stats mean anything at all.

I've refrained from commenting on this too early on so as not to start some kind of "war" by members of different cities pumping up the stats for one city or another (I really hope that does not happen).

Interestingly, Orlando has a substantial lead in new threads, but trails Miami as far as number of posts. I think this says something, but I'm not sure what.

I also note that at one time - about 4 months ago, Tampa had the lead for new topics, with Orlando trailing fairly close behind.

What do you all think about this?

[pardon the dots, but it's hard to format a table in these posts]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: