U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2010, 09:52 AM

796 posts, read 1,768,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilybeans View Post
NY winter. Winter in NY only lasts three months, and you cans till gooutside to do things. Summer in Florida is unbearable for six months.
That would be my choice as well...although, as I type this, I am planning on a move to Texas (for work), where the summers are worse than FL..although they eventually end.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 09:55 AM

2,763 posts, read 6,503,539 times
NY Winters are not 3 months and their are several million people who would argue that with you!

Old 02-02-2010, 09:57 AM

259,024 posts, read 87,061,746 times
FL summers of course.

Old 02-02-2010, 10:03 AM

7,937 posts, read 19,520,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
NY Winters are not 3 months and their are several million people who would argue that with you!
Yeah who are they kidding? no way is NY winters only 3 months...eeesshhh

Old 02-02-2010, 10:23 AM

8,488 posts, read 19,813,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
That average temp is bullcrap, an average in may of 77, yeah right. AT NIGHT maybe, during the day it is NOT 77, more like 90. SWFL(Fort Myers) averages... See below. We can all sit here and put these temp "averages" on here, but the normal HIGH temperatures are what we are talking about here. Then those high temps or so called "Max highs" as they say in the website, believe me, they go way over 91.4 in June, July, Aug, and Sept. More like 94, 95, 96, and then some at times. How about we factor in the Dew point and humidity levels?

Florida Travel Vacation Guide - Accommodations,* Attractions and Retirement info and more!.
We were talking about Orlando and your site shows what I said, a daily average of 77.

We were discussing average highs, average lows and daily averages.

If all you want to talk about is maximum daily highs then go right ahead. The 91.4 is the average daily highs for the month of July, of course some days are going to be hotter if that is the average. And that is the hottest month.

Old 02-02-2010, 10:32 AM

8,488 posts, read 19,813,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnwilliams View Post
I agree. Even a one hour drop into the 70s would tarnish the results. I'd like to see an hour by hour temperature recording and THEN figure out an average. Besides, dew point and humidity combined with the TRUE average temperature history would give a more honest description of heat index.
To take two numbers and add them together and then divide by two is ok when dealing with two, static variables, but not very accurate when dealing with something that possibly changes constantly.
Go ahead and get May 15th or 16ths hourly temps for Orlando, add them up and divide by 24. You will probably come pretty close to 77 degrees.

Old 02-02-2010, 11:22 AM

2,763 posts, read 6,503,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
We were talking about Orlando and your site shows what I said, a daily average of 77.

We were discussing average highs, average lows and daily averages.

If all you want to talk about is maximum daily highs then go right ahead. The 91.4 is the average daily highs for the month of July, of course some days are going to be hotter if that is the average. And that is the hottest month.
Much of the rest of the country shares this high - not average, but a lot of other states it the 90's in July and August!

Old 02-02-2010, 11:56 AM

3,225 posts, read 8,268,067 times
To answer the OP, I'm a bit torn between the two. I hate, absolutley detest the bitter cold months, slush, sleet, slippery roads, hats, gloves, scarves, wind chills, ski caps that make me look like I'm a mugger, falling ice from rooftops when it warms up a little, wind gusts that rip through all my layered clothing, runny nose, fogged eyeglasses, watching beautiful women have to hide their beauty all wrapped up in tons of outerwear and underwear...and the list goes on.

Now, while I like warm weather, the too hot/humid days of Florida can sometimes be unbearable...but I guess a swim in the pool, a dash to the beach in my sandals and socks and summer shorts ought to help out somewhat...of course I can't do this in Naples as a certain lady down there is offended by fellas like me in shorts...so I've got to pick and choose where I go to cool off at that time of year!

If I find the right spot then I prefer Florida summers!

Last edited by Moderate Guy; 02-02-2010 at 12:07 PM..

Old 02-02-2010, 12:03 PM

7,937 posts, read 19,520,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderate Guy View Post
To answer the OP, I'm a bit torn between the two. I hate, absolutley detest the bitter cold months, slush, sleet, slippery roads, hats, gloves, scarves, wind chills, ski caps that make me look like I'm a mugger, falling ice from rooftops when it warms up a little, wind gusts that rip through all my layered clothing, runny nose, fogged eyeglasses, watching beautiful women have to hide their beauty all wrapped up in tons of outerwear and underwear...and the list goes on.

Now, while I like warm weather, the too hot/humid days of Florida can sometimes be unbearable...but I guess a swim in the pool, a dash to the beach im my sandals ans socks and summer shorts ought to help out somewhat...of course I can't do this in Naples as a certain lady down there is offended by fellas like me in shorts...so I've got to pick and choose where I go to cool off at that time of year!

If I find the right spot then I prefer Florida summers!
Oh your too funny

I love the fact that one can swim all year round...well My kids do...lol

and my son wears his I guess u call them Sandals with Socks and his shorts as the other kids do too, she would probably not like my son on her beach either...LOL

Old 02-02-2010, 12:11 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,400,849 times
I want to be a rich snowbird....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida