Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 04:05 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom1001 View Post
I think what most people would consider ideal is a place that has temperatures between 55-75 for as much of the year as possible.That's where a place like San Diego joins the conversation.I think most of Florida is too hot for me most of the year,sure winters are nice but look at winter so far this year,my car thermometer read 86 the other day.I don't care what anyone says Florida is too hot for too much of the year and the northeast is too cold for too much of the year,somewhere in the middle or California have those 55-75 temperatures for a longer amount of time.
For many people lows in the 40's for 4 or 5 months is not ideal weather and it only gets in the 80's 3 months of the year, doesn't work for me.
Besides the fact that I don't think San Diego answers the question from the original post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 04:44 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom1001 View Post
I think what most people would consider ideal is a place that has temperatures between 55-75 for as much of the year as possible.That's where a place like San Diego joins the conversation.I think most of Florida is too hot for me most of the year,sure winters are nice but look at winter so far this year,my car thermometer read 86 the other day.I don't care what anyone says Florida is too hot for too much of the year and the northeast is too cold for too much of the year,somewhere in the middle or California have those 55-75 temperatures for a longer amount of time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
For many people lows in the 40's for 4 or 5 months is not ideal weather and it only gets in the 80's 3 months of the year, doesn't work for me.
Besides the fact that I don't think San Diego answers the question from the original post.
Exactly. Not to mention how utterly unaffordable SD is compared to anywhere in FL and many places in the northeast outside of the largest cities

Old 12-27-2011, 04:45 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,424,323 times
Being in Florida for 20 years.. I'm not sure I could handle a NY winter anymore..

I do dream of it though...

Old 12-27-2011, 08:55 AM

1,284 posts, read 3,896,858 times
I mentioned San Diego as well as areas from North Florida up towards the mid Atlantic area where you might get more days of the year in that 50's to 70's comfort zone.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:27 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,203,902 times
A Central Florida Summer OVER ANYBODY's Winter

Old 12-27-2011, 10:39 PM

5,589 posts, read 8,405,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyff67 View Post
If your in even moderate shape, the Florida summer is awesome. There is no such thing as Too Hot!
The temp hits 100 a lot more in the northeast than it does in Florida.
I just visited Pa for a week in December. Friggin miserable. You can't do anything without 8 layers of clothes on. I even slept with 2 pair of socks, sweatpants and a sweatshirt. The only time I was comfortable was when I was in the shower. Of course I turned into a dry skinned lizard once I got out.
Wow, were you in the mountains or something? The weather in Dec. here has been at or above normal for 20 consecutive days. Not saying it's warm, but certainly nothing that's called for 8 layers of clothing. I've barely been able to wear my stylish fluffy warm scarves -- not cold enough for 'em! Anyway, I haven't spent a summer in FL but if I have to make a choice right now, I'll choose them. As I get older, these old bones can't handle the cold.

Old 12-28-2011, 04:11 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
Dogs don't care.
Maybe yours doesn't but my dog and many others like my dog do not like the cold.
If I get up in the morning and it is 40 before the sun comes up she will look at me like I am crazy if I want her to go out. An hour or so later the sun comes up she will run out and do her business and come right back.
During warmer weather she takes her time and roams the property for a half hour or so.

Old 12-28-2011, 04:31 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,673,848 times
I just experienced my first Florida summer and it beats the heck out of any winter I've experienced. Yes, it's hot and humid, but it's not unbearable. I didn't think it was any worse than August days in the Midwest, but it did last longer. I think that's what gets to people, the duration of the summer, but I liked it. After spending a lifetime in the Midwest, Florida is truly a climatic paradise for me. I'm finally warm, and the months of cold, gray, gloom have been replaced by sunshine, blue skies, and warmth. It's really quite beautiful here on a daily basis and now I can be outdoors and enjoy it.

Old 12-28-2011, 06:41 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,123,759 times
After living in Alaska I'm not sure if I would think that New York really has a winter. Maybe more like... spring.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:25 AM

31 posts, read 49,661 times
I actually enjoy the summers here, and I'm sure I'm not the only one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida