U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2010, 11:01 AM

175 posts, read 389,192 times

Advertisements

Hello, we currently live in Punta Gorda, Florida. We have two children and the median average age is 60. Looking for an area that is good for young adults raising children. Any one love their neighborhood?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 11:10 AM

793 posts, read 2,216,782 times
Lake Mary, Winter Springs, Lake Nona

Hope this helps,

Old 02-01-2010, 01:25 PM

7,901 posts, read 8,899,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherm941 View Post
Hello, we currently live in Punta Gorda, Florida. We have two children and the median average age is 60. Looking for an area that is good for young adults raising children. Any one love their neighborhood?

NE Tallahassee, and yes I love it.

Very child/family oriented neighborhoods here. I see elementary school age kids walking to school.

In this day and age, walking to school. And a A+ rated school too.

Tallahassee has a relatively young and educated population (college degrees at twice the national average - around 50%!)

Old 02-01-2010, 01:28 PM

6 posts, read 33,778 times
I just happened to read your post above. My husband will retire in Sep 2011, and we both want to live near the coast. We are currently live in Bakersfield Ca. I know you probably thinking why we are not choosing to move 3-4 hrs south to be close to the beach . Here the reasons: 1 housing down in LA is extremely expensive, you have to have ton of money to live near the beach, and for 300,000. Dollars house you can only get a shack in a bad neighbor hood. So could you give us some info where is a reasonable place near the coast in Florida to live. We have a 13yrs old son, my husband is correctional officer, and I am a hair dresser and a permanent makeup artist. We don't want to live in a very rural area, because I will continue my career and my husband will want to find a second job. so we want to be about 20- 30 mins outside the city. Thanks
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 02-01-2010, 03:04 PM

1,683 posts, read 3,690,522 times
Check out West Lake Worth in Palm Beach County(lake charleston, smith farms, Journeys End are some good neighborhoods). It was rated number 2 awhile back by Newsweek for affordable places to live with good schooling. You can get a very nice home for under 300k and it's only 15 minutes to the beach.

Old 02-01-2010, 03:06 PM

1,468 posts, read 4,167,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post

Very child/family oriented neighborhoods here. I see elementary school age kids walking to school.

Tallahassee has a relatively young and educated population (college degrees at twice the national average - around 50%!)
I don't know why but I always got the impression you lived west of the city. Do you live completely outside of Tallahassee? What do you think of say Woodville area south of the city? There seems to be a lot of property available south of Tallahassee.

Old 02-02-2010, 06:55 AM

175 posts, read 389,192 times
Right now is a great time to find a house in Florida. Punta Gorda and Port Charlotte circle Charlotte Harbor that leads right to the gulf of Mexico. The water is beautiful. Right now you can get a small house on the harbor for around 300-400. If you want a newer house, there are beauties under 300 but within driving distance to many beaches. Cape Coral has many forclosures but busy with high crime. I would think you would want to go punta gorda and north to Sarasota county.
Best of luck

Old 02-02-2010, 07:15 AM

7,683 posts, read 16,109,576 times
SW Florida really tends to have the highest ages by far in the state, and even as close as Sarasota would let you meet up with younger families.

Old 02-02-2010, 12:10 PM
TD*

1,518 posts, read 3,130,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post

Listen to Strel, the city doesn't pay us to say these things.

Its cause its true!

Tallahassee is the only place for families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or