Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 12:11 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,629,528 times

Advertisements

thank you so much for those lovely pictures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
There are some really beautiful LARGE hills starting in San Antonio/St. Leo 30 miles north of Tampa. Dade City has beautiful rolling land with some really gorgeous high hills, higher than those in Clermont. It looks more like the Carolinas than Florida around there. Lived there for 10 years, and never got tired of the breathtaking scenery. Also good hills in Brooksville.
I loved the Dade City area. We had relatives there and would go up to visit back in the 1950's. My cousin that lived there just passed away at 92. He and his wife buried in the old cemetary vaults. I loved those hills and there was lots of greenery/trees.

Old 08-12-2010, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by verobeach View Post
I'm sorry to say this but sometimes flat is better. The pic posted by fffrank is disgusting. These aren't hills.. they're speed bumps.
what a nasty thing to say ! It is a very nice area and for Florida, those are mountains.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:39 AM

1,382 posts, read 3,800,679 times
I love that pic of Sugarloaf Mountain. I was going to head up that way soon to snap some pics. Believe it or not, my husband and I actually went down that hill on a tandem bike. I think we reached something like 50 mph. NOT something I would do again, but that was back in the day when we used to ride on the roads here and there. I hate to think what would happen if we hit a bump!

I am uploading my pics to a hosting site right now and then will try to post them here this AM. I think I got some good ones.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:40 AM

3 posts, read 5,583 times
We have been in Florida about a year and a half transplants from Ohio. We started out in Oveido by UCF. Wow, it was crazy busy. I was not very fond of FL for the 1st 6 months because of where we were. We moved more central to cut down on his driving, but I ended up loving the Clermont area. People here are great. It is close to everything without being smack dab in the middle of the mess. If you want to deal with the tourist stuff you can if not the small towns around us are awesome and have a lot of things going on. So much to do here other than Disney. Beautiful Rivers are close, can go to either coast easily, Lake Ridge Winery has things going on all the time. Lake Louisa State Park is beautiful. Reminds me of the Hills in Ohio without the SNOW!!!! The pictures do not do it justice. Take a drive on I4 then take a drive on 50 or 27 and then tell me which you would rather do.

Old 08-12-2010, 12:44 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,916,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I loved the Dade City area. We had relatives there and would go up to visit back in the 1950's. My cousin that lived there just passed away at 92. He and his wife buried in the old cemetary vaults. I loved those hills and there was lots of greenery/trees.

Dade City's awesome. As a native Floridian, it's a small little town I can still really appreciate and enjoy seeing. Probably one of my favorite towns in FL.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:08 AM

54 posts, read 138,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
The pics by Frank are disgusting? You mean the ones that GLS posted? How are those disgusting, I think it's a lot better than the same ol' mundane FL topography in the other 99% of FL.

they're not 'disgusting' by any stretch of the imagination but I do agree that you can hardly class those as 'hills'

But then again living in the UK we have great big huge hills all over the place and to us its nice to see a bit of 'flat' sometimes!

Old 08-13-2010, 12:05 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,916,759 times
^^^Now that's awesome!

Old 08-13-2010, 01:55 PM

2,903 posts, read 12,532,935 times
Why am I moving from western NY to just north of Clermont?

Because the hills I have around me are around for about 5 months a year or so, and are made of snow. They come back every year.....especially at the end of my driveway.

Frank

Old 08-13-2010, 02:34 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,276,538 times
There are also a few hills in Orlando. I use to ride my bike up them, oh, and down, too. I didn't realize how darn flat Florida could be until I moved to swFlorida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida