U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2010, 02:42 PM

81 posts, read 196,147 times

Advertisements

I know construction work is nearly dead, so please refrain from negative posts telling me how bad it is. It's dismal to nonexistant where I live too. With that said, I do believe there are pockets of isolated communities that may have not been a part of the building crisis, and may still be somewhat stable. If these places do exist I'd love to hear about them. We definately have more reasons to look at other than jobs, and I've posted on them, but after a year or so, our savings will have run out, so living somewhere where there will be some work will be important. Thanks so much! Angela
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2011, 06:59 PM

2 posts, read 7,460 times
Angela,

Residential building is out the window since people have no money. House flips are kinda dead also since this job market is gone. With Obama spending all our money on bailing out the rich it leaves the middle class poor. So what do we do, well since Obama says we have instituted new jobs about 300k jobs but lost 500k jobs. What he forgot to mention is that the 500k jobs were liveable wage jobs that had insurance and the 300k jobs are part time or temp to hire or bridge to hire or sub jobs which pay nothing for a liveable wage. What the government neglects to control is businesses who subcontract not paying prevailing wage. Lets say you get a job as a subcontracted employee that gets 20hr well you have to provide your own truck and tools and insurance. Your now spending 50-60 a day in gas then another 20 day in insurance and auto insurance and still you have no health insurance. My recommendation for America screw the government for whatever you can get because they could give to ----- about you. We are in debt because of the government so I say give what you get. Where ever you live you will have the same issues and problems they are nation wide of course the government does not want you to know that. They will keep peddling along doing business as usual getting what they want and to ---- with the rest. If it gets any worse well there will be more of us then them and of course they cant wipe there --- without help.
There is no easy cure, there is no salvation, there is only time as you are finding out we are all running against the clock in hopes of finding some salvation through all this spending crisis. Insurance companies are hiring like mad. You see with all the bankruptcy in America the only ones winning or treading water are property management services which is a big word for janitor, lawn cutter and handy man service. Stay away from out of state contractors and contractors wanting in state workers to work for 10-12 bucks an hour its just not worth the effort. Let them get off there fat --- and get some exercise. Manufacturing is gone also well the pay is the work is up the pay is from 20 yrs ago. Your better off working at BK or MCD's. If you have a detached garage finish the upstairs rent it out take the garage and rent out the space for storage. This could pretty much pay your mortgage and keep you financially safe so the banks dont crush you. Because once they get there hands on you the teeth come out and you get nothing and they never lose. I am not trying to be negative I am just being realistic. 09- we were pulling in over 100k now you lucky to pull in 25-30 and thats searching hard for the work. Homeowners want to hire for what they get paid per hour or less so that destroys the whole fabric but the junk money only hurts the project since they will drag out the jobs its realistic and they will come and go with no loyalty. Your loyalty is to your family and I agree. You cant help everyone else if you cant help yourself. Do I sound like a politician lol. Good luck Angela

Old 04-30-2011, 07:06 PM

2 posts, read 7,460 times
Well Angela,

Residential building is out the window since people have no money. House flips are kinda dead also since this job market is gone. With Obama spending all our money on bailing out the rich it leaves the middle class poor. So what do we do, well since Obama says we have instituted new jobs about 300k jobs but lost 500k jobs. What he forgot to mention is that the 500k jobs were liveable wage jobs that had insurance and the 300k jobs are part time or temp to hire or bridge to hire or sub jobs which pay nothing for a liveable wage. What the government neglects to control is businesses who subcontract not paying prevailing wage. Lets say you get a job as a subcontracted employee that gets 20hr well you have to provide your own truck and tools and insurance. Your now spending 50-60 a day in gas then another 20 day in insurance and auto insurance and still you have no health insurance. My recommendation for America screw the government for whatever you can get because they could give to ----- about you. We are in debt because of the government so I say give what you get. Where ever you live you will have the same issues and problems they are nation wide of course the government does not want you to know that. They will keep peddling along doing business as usual getting what they want and to ---- with the rest. If it gets any worse well there will be more of us then them and of course they cant wipe there --- without help.
There is no easy cure, there is no salvation, there is only time as you are finding out we are all running against the clock in hopes of finding some salvation through all this spending crisis. Insurance companies are hiring like mad. You see with all the bankruptcy in America the only ones winning or treading water are property management services which is a big word for janitor, lawn cutter and handy man service. Stay away from out of state contractors and contractors wanting in state workers to work for 10-12 bucks an hour its just not worth the effort. Let them get off there fat --- and get some exercise. Manufacturing is gone also well the pay is the work is up the pay is from 20 yrs ago. Your better off working at BK or MCD's. If you have a detached garage finish the upstairs rent it out take the garage and rent out the space for storage. This could pretty much pay your mortgage and keep you financially safe so the banks dont crush you. Because once they get there hands on you the teeth come out and you get nothing and they never lose. I am not trying to be negative I am just being realistic. 09- we were pulling in over 100k now you lucky to pull in 25-30 and thats searching hard for the work. Homeowners want to hire for what they get paid per hour or less so that destroys the whole fabric but the junk money only hurts the project since they will drag out the jobs its realistic and they will come and go with no loyalty. Your loyalty is to your family and I agree. You cant help everyone else if you cant help yourself. Do I sound like a politician lol. Good luck Angela
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or