Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 04:09 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,789,009 times

Advertisements

Just wanting to see where the people on this site have gained their knowledge and love of Florida...if you do love Florida for it's good, bad, and ugly....I just want to see who has the valid info about our state when they tell others of it on this site.

I have lived in 5 states, but I've spent 22 of my 31 years in Florida.....living in places like White Springs, Lake City, Tallahassee, Miami, Hollywood, Hallandale, Palm Springs North, Hialeah, Carol City, Norland, Aventura, Altamonte Springs, Deltona, Orlando, Azelea Park, Kissimmee, and Poinciana

where in Florida have you gained your knowledge of our state?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2010, 06:50 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,922,074 times
I'm a native Floridian, 37 years now. I was born in Bradenton. Lived on Longboat Key, Englewood, Little Gasparilla Island (you can only get to by boat), Venice, Sarasota, Port Charlotte and currently live in North Port. All cities are in SW Florida.

This winter I just ventured to Virginia and saw snow for the first time. I've traveled a lot of places and even over seas but I always went in the summer and never saw snow until a few months ago.

I love it here and would never dream of leaving!

Old 02-21-2010, 07:13 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
Palm Bch Co, rural Southern Central FL, Oviedo, Orlando.

Old 02-21-2010, 07:21 AM

13,619 posts, read 7,936,616 times
Lived in Ormond Beach until I was 20. Then I moved to Tallahassee for college. Lived in Tallahassee for 2 years. Graduated college, got married, and our first place was in Holly Hill. We only lived there a few months and then we moved to another place in Ormond Beach. After about a year and a half, we moved back to Tallahassee and stayed there for about a year. Then we moved to Alabama and that's where we are now. Been here about 6 months.

Old 02-21-2010, 07:47 AM

1,457 posts, read 4,055,140 times
Cooper City (Broward county) for 22 years and West Palm Beach (western community) going on 19 years.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:03 AM

1,468 posts, read 4,750,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Just wanting to see where the people on this site have gained their knowledge and love of Florida...if you do love Florida for it's good, bad, and ugly....I just want to see who has the valid info about our state when they tell others of it on this site.

I have lived in 5 states, but I've spent 22 of my 31 years in Florida.....living in places like White Springs, Lake City, Tallahassee, Miami, Hollywood, Hallandale, Palm Springs North, Hialeah, Carol City, Norland, Aventura, Altamonte Springs, Deltona, Orlando, Azelea Park, Kissimmee, and Poinciana

where in Florida have you gained your knowledge of our state?
We came to Florida when I was 1 in 1949 and have lived in Broward county the whole time. Although I was born in NJ I certainly feel like a native. Most of what I have to offer is having seen a lot of the changes. When I was a kid and went to the doctor you would be in the small waiting room with Seminole indian who I believe get free care. Our doctor had a government contract to treat them. Dirt roads were everywhere and if you went west at all you drove into nothing. Now you would be in the middle of a traffic jam certain hours. It was almost impossible to make a mistake regarding real estate. My father bought beach front property by the acre that when we sold it it sold by the front foot for about what was paid for the whole parcel. The changes that took place over such a short time are amazing.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:20 AM

thanx for all the responses

Old 02-23-2010, 08:40 AM

1,731 posts, read 4,683,453 times
Native. Born in Tampa, moved to Miami at a month old and moved back to Tampa at age 26. Now 38 and still in Tampa area. I am never leaving Florida and have visited every other state on the map. Anytime I consider moving elsewhere I go visit another state in the winter and reassure myself I could never live anywhere else.

Old 02-23-2010, 08:47 PM

574 posts, read 2,045,311 times
I am a native FL and have lived all of my life (51 years) in the Daytona Beach area!

Nancy

Old 02-23-2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioAdoptMom3 View Post
I am a native FL and have lived all of my life (51 years) in the Daytona Beach area!

Nancy
lucky you...wish i could have been able to say that i always lived in Florida
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida