Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 11:00 AM

3,225 posts, read 8,572,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnc19694339 View Post
At least I can come on city-data and dream about sunny warm weather. oh well, someday I'll be there.
me 2!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 11:31 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,560,012 times
Maybe you should buy better shoes. As it rains alot in Florida and you may slip and fall again.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:01 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Well my friends in the Florida forum, here is another good reason to move to Florida.

Most of you know we had to put off our plans to move to Florida for a while but after this past weekend, I want to move now.

I fell and broke my arm on a sheet of ice over the weekend.

I will be having surgery tomorrow to repair the breakage that will take screws to put the arm bone back together.

A good friend of mine with family in Ohio just had his grandfather pass away two weeks ago.

The stubborn old guy was clearing snow from his car and must have over exerted himself. He died of a heart attack, inside of his car.

Of course, bad weather hits Florida all the time, but, just makes you wonder... what if it hadn't snowed? What if it was the summer? Would he have had the heart attack?

Old 02-25-2010, 12:06 PM

Sunny Days always sais you dont blame things on the state but on yourself. lol

Old 02-25-2010, 12:42 PM

1,000 posts, read 3,347,349 times
I don't see them blaming the state, I see them blaming the ice...

Old 02-25-2010, 12:43 PM

2,764 posts, read 6,765,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Daily, be nice - I know your not, but it kind of comes across as making light of the situation. And I haven't forgotten about your next trip to NYC.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:44 PM

2,903 posts, read 12,532,935 times
Quote:
Yes, this is true, but one cannot deny the fact that there are regional differences between states, and it is true that our extreme winter weather does contribute to accidents, deaths, etc.

Now, I DON'T want this to turn into ANOTHER hot/cold, North/South weather thread. The thread is about Sunny falling and breaking her arm.

As a NYS medic and professional for 20 years, I see first hand the car accidents due to icy roads, the falls people have on black ice, etc, etc. I also see the many medical conditions like heart attacks by folks shoveling heavy wet snow when they are not healthy enough to do so. They DIE because they wanted to save a $20.00 plow job. Added to that the large amount of flu, pneumonia, etc that kills so many each season. Yes, I know there are sicknesses down there too, but not like the colds, etc up here due to folks having to stay inside for long periods. We won't even go into the lack of sun ramifications like SAD, etc.....

So you are right, you cannot blame a state.....but you also cannot blame a fall on ice to bad shoes. People up here know all too well how to dress in the cold, and believe me, there are times that no matter what you wear, the ice is so slick you WILL be on your "you-know-what" before you know it.

OK......back to topic.........GET BETTER SUNNY.......!

Frank

Old 02-25-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfulFrank View Post
Yes, this is true, but one cannot deny the fact that there are regional differences between states, and it is true that our extreme winter weather does contribute to accidents, deaths, etc.

Now, I DON'T want this to turn into ANOTHER hot/cold, North/South weather thread. The thread is about Sunny falling and breaking her arm.

As a NYS medic and professional for 20 years, I see first hand the car accidents due to icy roads, the falls people have on black ice, etc, etc. I also see the many medical conditions like heart attacks by folks shoveling heavy wet snow when they are not healthy enough to do so. They DIE because they wanted to save a $20.00 plow job. Added to that the large amount of flu, pneumonia, etc that kills so many each season. Yes, I know there are sicknesses down there too, but not like the colds, etc up here due to folks having to stay inside for long periods. We won't even go into the lack of sun ramifications like SAD, etc.....

So you are right, you cannot blame a state.....but you also cannot blame a fall on ice to bad shoes. People up here know all too well how to dress in the cold, and believe me, there are times that no matter what you wear, the ice is so slick you WILL be on your "you-know-what" before you know it.

OK......back to topic.........GET BETTER SUNNY.......!

Frank
Sunny, do get better real soon..I miss your sunshine!!

Yes indeed, Frank, because of adverse conditions lilke the ones you describe, many, many people look forward to warm weather months or a trip or relocation to warm weather states. That's why so many flee for places like California and Florida. Despite the drawbacks that those states also have, many figure that the tradeoffs can sometimes be not only beneficial but also life-saving.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfulFrank View Post
People up here know all too well how to dress in the cold
I still recommend better shoes even when she moves to Florida. Some people are just more propense to fall and should be careful in any weather.

YouTube - Hurricane Katrina Winds Blowing People Around

Old 02-25-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
I still recommend better shoes even when she moves to Florida. Some people are just more propense to fall and should be careful in any weather.

YouTube - Hurricane Katrina Winds Blowing People Around
lol..forget the shoes when a hurricane strikes..just jump in that car, point it north and hightail it out as fast as u can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: